Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello everyone my name is stephanie. My surgery is scheduled for january 21st. Im very anxious but very nervous also. I never went through any type of operation. I am ready to start my life. I would love to chat with anyone who has gotten the surgery or who is going to get the surgery for extra support.

Hello Stephanie. I'm Jenn. My surgery is also scheduled this month on the 19th and I've been a roller coaster of emotion the last couple of weeks. I'm thinking it's pretty normal from what I've been reading and I'm truly normally not this! ☺️

One minute I'm super excited to see myself in six months, a year, etc...and on the other hand I'm nervous as hell. Not so much about the surgery but I've been so used to living my life a certain way and enjoying certain things all of which center around food of course and that's all about to change.

Good luck in your journey. Id love to stay in touch as we go through this.

Congrats.

Nice to meet you Jenn. I'm glad that I have someone to chat with that is going through the same thing as I am. I wasn't really nervous until january 1st came. That's when I realized wow I only have about 2 weeks until surgery. I think ill do good after surgery. The most thing I'm nervous about is the pain after surgery. But I know it will all be worth it. Good luck.

I'm glad I'm getting a lot of replies. Its really good to talk to people going through the same thing your going through. I know a few people that already had the surgery. They tell me the Protein Shakes are nasty alone so try mixing it with stuff you like to make a good smoothie. Good luck @@jerseymami1988 look foreward too chatting more with you

I had the gastric sleeve June 18, 2014. I was very nervous when I arrived at the hospital. The nurse talked to me and then the Bariatric team talked to me, while I was given the Iv i never felt a thing. They also gave me 2 Nerve pills to help with the anxiety. I am not gonna lie to you, but you will be in pain. I tolerated it fine. The day of my surgery I weighed in at 500 lbs and now I weigh 325 lbs nd still losing. It is a hard journey, but with support from family you can achieve your goals. Good luck and prayers being sent.. My name is Samantha...

Thank you so much for the info @@Samantha Williams Smith. I am nervous about the pain but I think I'll be able to tolerate it. I had a c section with my daughter in 07 so I think I'll be fine. I'm glad your doing so well and is continuing to loose weight. I know its not gonna be easy but I know it will be a better life for me. Right now I'm at 265 and even though it might not seem like a lot im only 5 feet tall. My goal is to loose at least 100 pounds if I can loose more that will be great. Look forward to chatting with you guys more. Good luck on your weight loss samantha. You can do it :)

My surgery is the 21st as well. I started the Protein Shakes and found i'm ok with the Premier Protein and pure Protein that i can get locally. Definitely excited and nervous at the same time. Looking forward to being and having support. I live in a small community so i'm not sure whats available here... But glad i live in the internet age. Looking forward to the adventure with you!

Thanks for the info in regards to the Protein Shake @@gigitobe I'mma have to try that one. Im so happy for the internet as well you can meet new people that's going through the same thing as you without even leaving you're home lol. Im nervous as well these last few days all I can do is think about this surgery. Look forward to chatting with you some more good luck.

Hi Stephanie and everyone, it looks like we will be going through this together. I go under the knife on the 20th. Nerves one minute and dreams and excitement the next. I think we will all feel the pain and life changes are well worth it when we get to look in the mirror with pride.

One thing I think about is walking down the isle of a plane during boarding and not feel like everyone is praying I don't get the seat next to them. I hate that feeling more than any pain I may endure.

Congrats and let's rock this surgery!

Yes I know the feeling @@Eli Alexander. One thing I hate about being over weight is I love amusement parks. I can barely fit on the rides no more or when I go on a ride with my 7 year old they kick me off cause im to big (so embarrasing). I am ready to see the progression of the weight loss and also am ready to take a full picture of myself. I have not done that since I was like 12 im 27 now. And yes we all are gonna rock this surgery

Yes I know the feeling @@Eli Alexander. One thing I hate about being over weight is I love amusement parks. I can barely fit on the rides no more or when I go on a ride with my 7 year old they kick me off cause im to big (so embarrasing). I am ready to see the progression of the weight loss and also am ready to take a full picture of myself. I have not done that since I was like 12 im 27 now. And yes we all are gonna rock this surgery

All so true. I took my nephew on the scariest ride at an amusement park cause his parents wouldn't. But when they said I couldn't I felt so embarrassed and defeated. In front of my nephew no less, it was terrible.

Every picture of me is with my head at precise angles to "hide" how fat I am. In group pics I stand behind everyone and just let a small patch my my face through.

But soon, onto the rides and take those pictures. I do suggest that you break with tradition and get a few last full body fat-girl pics that you can use for 'before and after' evidence and inspiration. I know I have to endure a few pictures now too.

Yeah that's what I'mma do I'mma take some before pics and the. Every month I wanna take a full body pic of myself just to show the progression every month. Can't wait to get on all those rides lol