Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello I need some help, and support:

I am almost 5 years out from having gastric bypass surgery. It has changed my life. I lost about 100lbs. Last year was a real struggle for me. I am slowly starting to pick the weight up. I constantly snack and it's junk. Snaking is my biggest issue because I still cannot eat a full meal. But I snack myself sick. I was doing really well for a few months with meal prep and working out, and I got a new position at work and got off track. I don't want this weight to creep up on me. I need help. I really need some pointers on how to jump start. Please help!

Thank you

Have you heard of the 5 day pouch test. Do a web search and see what you think. I'm to new to this game yet to try it out but I've heard a lot about this test. Good luck

I was also going to suggest the 5 day pouch test. I highly recommend it to kick start everything again! I'm getting ready to do it myself.

Go back to the basics:

keep a food journal--this is key.

drink all your water!!!

don't drink anything with your meals\

no carbonated beverages at all

chew your food to a pulp

eat slowly but don't take more than 30 minutes to eat

Count your grams of Protein and make sure you get all your Protein in

Protein first!!

And I would highly recommend a support group and/or therapist that specializes in food addiction or cognitive behavioral therapy or some such

Best of luck. You did this before and you can do it again!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
    • KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches