Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Yes you can! I was feeling hungry so the time even right after eating so I knew something was wrong. Try it, it helps.

@@HappyinHollywood can I get that OTC?

It's sold as both prilosec which is pretty expensive and omeprazole which is the generic and about half the price.

@@BLERDgirl I will try that. It's so frustrating because on the weekends I can sleep in til 9 or 10 and I'm literally not hungry until 2 pm. Then for the rest of the day I fight the hunger feeling after I eat.

I'm the same way. I'm just not a morning person. However I found that when I eat Breakfast I tend to eat better throughout the day and lose more.

I feel what I thought were spasms right under the breast bone at the top of my stomach. I don't know what it is but it comes and goes. Maybe it's acid? Maybe it's something wrong. If it wasn't for that I would be feeling great. That feeling keeps me very worried.

It's probably gas. Are you walking? Speak to your doctor but a PPI like prilosec or gas -x might help.

Just wanted to add that, this early out you cannot get in enough food if you stick to the three meals/no Snacks rule.

In a month (or two) you will be able to fit in much more per sitting, but for now, I just don't think it's feasible.

@@bobbyswife Yes, I've been experiencing what I think are hunger pains since I went back to work yesterday. It occurs every 3 hours or so. I basically setup an alarm schedule to remind me to eat something so Imdont get that feeling. So far so good!

I'd go ahead and start the Prilosec (20-40mg/day). But also know that Prilosec can take a couple days to really kick in. Something like famotidine or even Maaloxx is a lot faster-acting. I was on 40mg omeprazole for 2 months (mandatory by my surgeon wether we had acid symptoms or not because it just creates a better healing environment for our staple line). And even with that I would feel "hunger" like you describe. A couple tablespoons of Maaloxx stopped the hunger. If that doesn't work, maybe you are really hungry, so go ahead and eat something. Hell, I usually eat 6 times a day because I'm hungry every 2-3 hours.

The 3 meals doesn't work for everyone. Early on I had to do 3 meals/2 Snacks. Now I'm mostly 3 meals but I always allow for an afternoon snack if I'm hungry. It really depends on how active I've been that day. I just make sure I have nutritious snacks on hand.

@@collinus - You're welcome. There are loads of nice folks on these boards. I'm just trying to pay it forward.

Thank you guys so much! I went tonight and bought the 14 day dose pack of Omeprazole @@Kindle you are right, it says right there on the box that it could take 1-4 days to feel results. I did notice today when I took 2 Tums that it did calm down, so I'm really thinking it's acid, but it could also be hunger, too since I'm eating so little. I agree with you @@BLERDgirl that I don't think I'm eating often enough. I can probably transition to 3 meals a day when I'm farther out, but for now I think I just need to take a few bites (that's all I need) of something every 2-3 hours. How many calories should I be at, at 3 weeks post op?

I think I was 400 - 600 but really incorporating 1 small snack in the AM won't add many more calories to what you are eating.

I was sleeved on dec 22nd, i am just past 2 weeks and i am experiencing hunger too! I am already on omreprazole once a day........not sure how to differentiate head hunger vs. real hunger :-(, so when i feel hunge I sip Decaf iced tea......

So please dont worry, seems to be happening to a lot of people

I am able to eat 4 oz pureed food at one sitting. Is that normal or too much?

And when we say contain carbs to less than 30g that includes evrything from milk, yoghurt and Beans? I am a vegetarian so not sure how to really control carbs under 30 gms!!

I was sleeved on dec 22nd, i am just past 2 weeks and i am experiencing hunger too! I am already on omreprazole once a day........not sure how to differentiate head hunger vs. real hunger :-(, so when i feel hunge I sip Decaf iced tea......

So please dont worry, seems to be happening to a lot of people

I am able to eat 4 oz pureed food at one sitting. Is that normal or too much?

And when we say contain carbs to less than 30g that includes evrything from milk, yoghurt and Beans? I am a vegetarian so not sure how to really control carbs under 30 gms!!

As a vegetarian your carbs are going to be higher. As long as they are coming from complex carbs like Beans and veg., don't worry about it. It's the simple, processed, white carbs like Pasta, rice, flour etc... that you need to watch. It's one of the reasons why I'm not doing breads or crackers until I hit goal. If you want to follow me I'm on Myfitnesspal as Milaxx.

Edited by BLERDgirl

What I'm reading here is very different from my instructions. I was instructed not to drink ANYTHING 10 minutes before I ate, while I ate, and 1 hour afterward. I was warned that drinking while eating will flush the food into the small intestine too quickly and result in excess hunger too quickly.

I've followed these instructions religiously and have experienced very little hunger between meals. I can get very hungry prior to meals, but then I eat 2.5 oz of pureed food and I'm perfectly fine for hours.

Has anyone else been instructed NOT to eat and drink at the same time???

I was also instructed not to eat or drink at the same time which I follow most of the time. I also started feeling hunger fairly quickly. I was so happy for the first 3 weeks or so when I had absolutely no interest in any food. Now I feel hunger just as I did pre-op. I am very happy though that just a small amount of food takes care of it!

What I'm reading here is very different from my instructions. I was instructed not to drink ANYTHING 10 minutes before I ate, while I ate, and 1 hour afterward. I was warned that drinking while eating will flush the food into the small intestine too quickly and result in excess hunger too quickly.

I've followed these instructions religiously and have experienced very little hunger between meals. I can get very hungry prior to meals, but then I eat 2.5 oz of pureed food and I'm perfectly fine for hours.

Has anyone else been instructed NOT to eat and drink at the same time???

I'm not sure if you understand this thread. I'm fairly certain everyone here was told not to eat and drink together. No one is advocating that the OP do so.