Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Completely disgusting

I can't believe the baby's mother. She's just as nutty as her husband. I hope she is never allowed to be in the same room as her baby ever again.

Baby burned in microwave leaves hospital

<!-- if ( location.hostname.toLowerCase().indexOf( "edition." ) != -1 ) { document.write('POSTED: 0013 GMT (0813 HKT), May 22, 2007'); }else { document.write('POSTED: 8:13 p.m. EDT, May 22, 2007'); } //-->

GALVESTON, Texas (AP) -- A baby girl was released from a hospital 11 days after police say she was burned in a motel microwave oven.

The infant's mother blamed the devil for what happened, saying Satan compelled her husband to put the baby in the microwave. The devil "saw my husband as a threat" because of his efforts to become a preacher, Eva Marie Mauldin, 20, told Houston television station KHOU.

"He would never do anything to hurt her," she said. "Satan was working through his weaknesses."

Mauldin said that her husband had a mental disability and that her efforts to get him help have failed.

Doctors at the Shriners Burn Hospital performed at least two skin grafts on 2-month-old Ana Marie Mauldin, who suffered burns on her face and hand May 10. She was released Monday and placed in foster care, and a custody hearing was scheduled later this week.

The baby's father, Joshua Mauldin, 19, was arraigned Tuesday on a charge of felony injury to a child and was jailed on $250,000 bond. If found guilty, he could face 99 years in prison.

Mauldin, of Warren, Arkansas, went to Galveston with his family this month to be a preacher, authorities said. When he first called 911, he said the baby had been burned when he tripped while carrying a pot of hot Water in their motel room, police said.

But during a bail reduction hearing, a police detective testified that Mauldin also put the baby in a refrigerator and a hotel room safe.

Left alone in the room, he "became agitated," Galveston Police Detective Holly Johnson said. Then, he struck the baby in the groin on a hotel bed before putting her in the appliances and safe, she said.

He later told police he put his daughter in the microwave because he was under stress. Police said the infant was in the oven for 10 to 20 seconds while her mother and grandmother were away. Investigators found human tissue in the microwave that matched the burns on the left side of the girl's face and her left hand.

Baby Ana Marie did not suffer any internal injuries, said Gwen Carter, spokeswoman for Child Protective Services. She said the child is now "doing really well, making eye contact and was responsive to hospital staff when they held her."

Hey L, Mate these two freaks are both nuttier than squirrel s#@t!!!!!

You have to have a licence to catch fish in some places but any loser can have kids.:) Susannah

It is unreal. I hope that baby never sees either of her "parents" again. And if it's at all possible, may she be spared the knowledge of what they tried to do to her. :)

...And if it's at all possible, may she be spared the knowledge of what they tried to do to her. :)

I second that, completely.

I am constantly amazed by the lengths that people will go. And even more amazed at the lengths people will go to not own up to their actions.

These two individuals are obviously of subnormal intelligence as well as living in flip-city. Folks like this make for a compelling defense of abortion.

But then the anti-abortionists will tell you that God has a purpose for this baby and it was HIS WILL.

in my opinion this is NOT god's will, and for anyone to assume how a christian would feel about this is prejudice.

These two should both go to jail, and if they are ever let out they should be ordered to be sterilized. I pray this baby can be strong when growing up and finds good parents to love her and care for her, and bring her up with all of the love every child deserves.

But then the anti-abortionists will tell you that God has a purpose for this baby and it was HIS WILL.

That's as crazy as saying that all abused children should have just been aborted...

I really hope the judge doesn't give this child back to the parents. Keep us updated!

The kid is in foster care. More than likely the extended family will make a play to take custody of the child.
I hope not. Nuttiness like that runs in the family. The rest of them are probably just as wacked out as the parents.

Have you seen some of the more extreme anti-abortionist sites?

What does that have to do with this subject? Some people are just not fit to be parents. I say, let's just sterilize them. I just don't see how it is necessary to drag out this pro-choice vs. pro-life saga, again. We're never gonna change each other's minds on this issue, so why drag it out? This couple should not have had the "privilege" of caring for another human life, that all.

<p>I wish it were law that "at-risk" parents would be interviewed or visited a couple of times by a social worker during pregnancy and during the baby's first year... It should a support program, becaue I see a baby getting injured by a young parent on the news like every other day. It's disturbing. </p> <p> </p> <p>Low income, young, jobless, single (etc) parents need help. I'm not making any judgements about these people, I'm just saying that youth, lack of money, lack of support are serious problems and people need help. Parents just don't get the help they need raising their children. It's hard to raise a child and too many people do it without the help they need. It's a strain on the parents, and the children suffer. We need more non-religious organizations to help parents with this huge new job: parenting. </p> <p> </p> <p>Evilah</p>