Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Frustrated and doubting my decision

I will be two months out next Tuesday. I can't eat or drink anything without nausea or a yucky feeling. I can't tell when I am hungry until I feel like I am about to pass out. I eat because I know I have to and then feel horrible. I am getting between 400-500 calories a day. About 24 ounces of Fluid. About 40 grams Protein. I know it's not enough but it is all I can manage. I feel like I have ruined my life. I have lost 32 pounds since surgery, but have been stuck for over a week. So no pay off for feeling so bad. I thought by now I would be feeling more normal. Feeling sad and have major regrets

@@Domawa Have you talked to your surgeon about all this? Surly he/she doesn't think those numbers are ok? Especially Your fluids? If you have spoke about this what did they say? Are you chewing your food completely and waiting a few minutes between bites? I ask because the few times I felt that way I KNOW was because I ate to fast. I can see why you would feel bad. Are you taking Vitamins and drinking Protein Shakes to make up for lack of food? If so I hope your drinking a high Protein Drink, you defiantly need a high Protein to get more than 40 grams in.

I am probably eating too fast. I do take my Vitamins. The fluids are the hardest for me. I have never been able to drink much and mostly drank fluids with meals. I will keep trying. I am just discouraged

I had to take an anti nausea pill and an anti cramping pill every day for my first 4-5 months out. As soon as I started them, it was huge relief and I felt so much better once I could get some calories in. I had to stay on mushies for a lot longer than most, too.

What are you eating/drinking? Are you taking any meds?

@@Domawa Yep eating fast will defiantly make you hurt/feel bad! So just try taking small bits and setting your utensils down. Do you like to read? I know this may seem weird but sometimes I will get out a book and read a entire page between small bites. It Helps to keep you from eating to fast and it keeps your mind off the food at the time, maybe even read two pages and then take another bite. The good thing is this won't last for ever you just need your sleeve to loosen up a bit but if your eating fast to the point of it hurting ect..then you could be aggravating your belly and causing it to swell, making it impossible to eat. If you feel like trying that let me know how it works for you! I wish you the best! Keep your head up skinny!!!:)

Thanks all. I am drinking a premiere Protein drink most days but I can't always finish it. I also have Unjury protein which I add to things but when I can only eat two bites, I am not getting much protein. Today I had half protein drink, a laughing cow cheese wedge and half a scrambled egg with a tablespoon of grated cheese on it. I made some instant potatoes and put unjury in it but only could eat a few bites. I am now trying to drink a little orange/tangerine juice.

Hang in there, at 2 months, I was still only eating Cream of Mushroom Soup - and only 3/4 can a day. I could eat other things, like Peanut Butter, but only a tablespoon every few hours. ANYTHING else would make my sleeve feel like a garbage disposal trying to grind up rocks.

Just focus on staying hydrated. Crystal Light Lemonade was my drink of choice and sugar free popsicles.

It will get better and you will look back on this and be glad you went through it. WLS gave me a 2nd chance on life and it will for you too. You just gotta hang in there and take it one day at a time.

Elode, reading is a great idea to help me slow down. I was a teacher and we had 20 minutes for lunch, so I am used to scarfing it down! Lol. I will try the reading trick

Thanks joatsaint. I may need to go back to purées and Soups to get over this bump. I appreciate your response

@@Domawa Great I hope it works but if you were a teacher your probably pretty smart and a fast reader so you may have to read 3 pages instead!

I will be two months out on the 14th. I eat between 200 and 500 calories. Some days I get all my Protein some days not. I stay away from all most carbs. I do find if I don't drink all my Water after a few days I feel sick. Very easy to get dehydrated. Unjury Protein Powder love it. I make a protein pudding with sugar free Jello and carb master milk from krogers. Add protein powder to Decaf coffee and I have myself a morning mocha