Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Chickie.....I know the feeling - I get my face slapped every now and then when I say what I am doing and what other 'successful losers' I know are doing to lose. But when people as for advice all I know to share is what has worked well for me.

Ree....when is your surgery date? Looks like you've got a jumpstart on losing - that's great!!

hi sheree! congrats!

chickee, I love to read your posts! I totally take your eat well and excercise advice like scripture! Look at you! You're below goal! You're the best example I can think of! Keep posting!

Evilah

Chickie.....I know the feeling - I get my face slapped every now and then when I say what I am doing and what other 'successful losers' I know are doing to lose. But when people as for advice all I know to share is what has worked well for me.

Yeah, but what we are doing is "extreme" or that really isn't us in our photo's, or, but, or, but.... There is always an excuse, or reason it worked for me, but would never work for anyone else!

It gets old. It really does. And people wonder why there are no (or many) at goal bandsters on the board.

I think I've seen alot of at or near goal bandsters~!

But then I have a really positive view of the whole process and am also willing to work hard to "meet the band halfway"

I just wanted to say, I know the feeling of having your posts ignored.. My first post ever didn't get much in the way of responses at first, so I kind of felt that way for a while. Eventually, I did get some responses so I think it just takes time.

I think after this everybody will know me, but not for the right reasons.

I think it took a lot of courage to say something and reach out to others for support. I'd like to think that you'd be remembered for that, which isn't a bad thing. As I said in your surgery date post, congrats on your date!

I think the support is here in the boards, and hopefully from now on you'll begin to feel like you're on the receiving end of that. :)

Who cares?!? Sometimes you gotta start your own thread, something with a catchy title like "Still Left Out" or something like that! :)

Seriously though, congrats on your date! I just got banded yesterday, so I know the excitement/apprension you're probably feeling right now. Please keep us posted...

I think I've seen alot of at or near goal bandsters~!

But then I have a really positive view of the whole process and am also willing to work hard to "meet the band halfway"

I could count the "at goal-ers" on one hand. People who's weight loss has put them in a healthy weight range.

They are few and far between I am afraid.

Then there are a few (again I could count them on one hand) who got to the overweight range, and decided that that was good enough for them.

Personally, I put my life on the line, and spent good money to have a surgery that would help me attain a healthy weight. I was dammed if I was going to go through all that I did, and still be overweight, or obese.

Hey, don't worry about it! I've started a few threads that were only even VIEWED a couple of times, and no one responded to them. Sometimes the title of the thread isn't enough to draw a person in, so it gets overlooked. Hang in here with us!

Chickie, I must say, you can give me any advice you want to give me. I've seen your 8 month post op abdominoplasty pics. You have done an incredible job. I can't believe I can see your RIBS! We both started at very near the same starting weight, and I'm still not entirely sure I HAVE ribs to see. I seem to be swimming upstream, too, in my ideas about how to do this. I have only gotten one fill, and am not in a big hurry to get another, because I am still losing, and I read all the time about people pressing their docs about getting a fill, even though they are losing, because it's just too hard to keep exercising and eating right, they'd rather do it the easy way, and be too tight to drink a Protein shake (insert mild sarcasm). I don't get it. SO, advise away, O Great One!

Sheree, keep us posted on your progress!:)

Hey, Chickie,

I disagree that all posters are only interested in people who are in their same position/stage. I, for one, am extremely interested in reading posts for the "old" timers, especially ones like you who have reached your goal, your B and A photos are stunning. Plus, all your accomplishments. I have only been banded since 3/20/07, and I rely heavily on support from my local 2-year banded mentor and I believe that the experienced, successful bandsters who post on this forum are extremely kind and generous with their time, answering newbie questions, as many would just be getting on with their lives and not having the interest to spend time on LBT. So, from me, at least, a big giant thank you to you!

AMRDMR

Hello,

I have been posting since February and I, too, have had "what is wrong with me?" moments. I agree that it just takes patience and lots of posting (I did tons of lurking before I got the courage to post) to start getting responses. I don't think it is on purpose, I just think sometimes people are busy and you fall through the cracks, at least at the beginning. Anyway, you are not alone.

AMRDMR

I have been here since 2005, and at times I wonder if I am being ignored (But I realise it's my rather unpopular "you have to eat right and exercise, and not rely on restriction and starvation" opinion that gets me into trouble around here, that and having been at goal for some time. Once the struggle is over, it appears you are no longer one of the "team" and there is little room for you, your opinions, or advice. People only want to hear from someone who is where they are now, not people who have been there and done that. Blind leading the blind sorta thing.)

*Shurgs* Just jump in there, either you will find a clique, or, you will end up one of the fringe dwellers. Fringe dwelling is not so bad... I kind of enjoy it.

Chickie,

not sure if i agree with you. i look towards you (and others who have done SO well) as my inspirations. keep posting, please!!

i often feel the same way though about the fact that most people have to EAT (more than 6-800 cals/day) and move in order to lose weight.

Sheree,

I just started on here and I have had people reply to my posts and some not, it is a great place to get inspiration though. I have only lost 15 lbs so I need all of the inspiration I can get!! Congrats to you and keep us updated on how you are doing. Isn't it amazing to see how the lapband has helped so many of the people on here?? Can't wait to see how it works for you and me!!

Ciao Bella!! (goodbye beautiful)

Sheree, i'm not sure how to respond to people.. I only know how to do the quick reply.. Can you help me with that..

PS- CONGRATS to you...

Sheree, I am sorry you felt ignored! I promise you none of us meant to do that. We are all here for support, advice and friendship.

Congratulations on getting your date. Does your doctor have you doing a liquid diet? If so, when do you start. Keep us posted on your progress.