Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sleeved Dec 2nd *need ppl to talk to*

I guess every surgeon has a different pre op diets. I plan to go full liquid 3 days prior to surgery. When were you advised to take your laxative? I'm so nervous y'all!

My doctor didn't say anything about a laxative. I do full liquid 3 days prior also.

Edited by TimeForChange8888

Hi debfan I'm Dec 3rd too and I have hypothyroidism but my levels are good enough for surgery.

I am dec 2nd as well! My doc has had me on a 3 week pre op lean diet with only the last 2 days clear liquid only. I'm starting to get nervous! So far I have lost 40 lbs since 9/5/14... I can't wait to start my new healthier life!

I will be getting sleeved Dec 2 in Tijuana, Mexico and i am pretty nervous. I'm on day 2 of my pre op diet. I'm clueless as what to eat, so I'm just drinking 2 Protein Shakes, drinking Water, and a small piece of chicken and veggie at night. I haven't rested peacefully since i found out my date. Haha! I'm excited, but nervous and hopeful. Would love to hear from other sleevers feeling the same!

hi, I am also going to Tijuana. My surgery is on 12/20. Sooo excited but also very anxious. Please let me know how it goes with you. We can do this!!!

I'm on the 3rd and am feeling the same jitters. I guess it's normal but doesn't make it any easier. When I saw my nut the last time I asked her if there was anyone she saw who regretted doing the surgery and she said not one, that she would've found a different job if that were the case bc she likes to help people. I think about her statement all the time. Best wishes to you!

Mines is on Dec 2nd and I'm a nervous wreck trying to get everything I need for home before and trying to get my house together also. Best of luck to you guys!! We came this far we can do it. :)

Surgery Tomorrow!!!! I check in at 9am, I thought it would of been earlier. I have tried to keep myself busy tonight. I'm so nervous! Good luck to Dec 2nd and 3rd surgeries!

the emotions are valid!! I went thru them also...for 2 wks preop I was all over the place. the 48 hrs before I went on my Protein Shake ..3 daily...1 light meal.high protein..then my last 24 hrs was all liquid...the least solids you have in there the better off you will be . it helps when the liver has less to work with an shrinks some for the surgeon an its easier on both of you. you will feel rough waking up...dont be surprised if you cant eat much or drink much first wk...I sipped all day..it was normal for me to just get in 2 small bites at a time the first few wks. but at least get your Fluid down as much as possible. you will have to work up to the required amounts..it doesnt happen right off the bat..at least it didnt for me. do the best you can. dont beat yourself up. take day at a time. walk walk walk!!! after about 4 hrs postop I walked a lil..not much but every hr the first evening I walked a lil...slept all night..woke up at 5 an the hubs helped me walk the halls..at least tried to do 1 lap..worked my way up...its def a learning journey..Im 5 months postop down 80...its amazing...best thing I did for me...I didnt tell no one except 2 other BFF's...my hubs was only family ..I didnt want to hear anything neg from ppl..I am finding myself again an luvin me again...:) best wishes..You can do this! glad your here..you'll learn alot..dont hesitate to ask questions..:) keep us posted!!

Surgery went good! Stayed one night at the hospital. Home and trying to get my liquids down which has been challenge. Hope everybody else is doing good also!