Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

pre-op diet?

Sooo.... my nutiritionist and doctor did not tell me calories, how to add the Protein to my drinks or yogurt.... I'm at a loss.... I mean, realizing it 5 days before pre-op isn't the greatest, but anyone wanna give me some input? @@Mami5Boys - can you give me some input if Dr Paragi told you anything about the diet before and directly after surgery? I think I'm just in last minute panic mode lol

I have been on my pre op diet for a week now and my surgery is in the morning. I, until today, could have 3-4 Protein shakes a day. No caffeine , all the sugar free Jello I want. any sugar free drinks, low fat yogurt and lots of Water. I would call your DR, and ask what he wants for a diet!

I get to do Protein drinks, fat free milk, fat free yogurt, and all Gatorade G2, Powerade Zero, Crystal Light, Decaf coffee/tea, unsweetened applesauce, SF Jello, SF popsicles

Do I add Protein to the Jello and liquids and applesauce? How does this work? Am I only supposed to have a certain amount of things or is it unlimited because it's all technically 5 calories lol

The shakes are 110cal, 23g Protein, and 11fl oz

@@Shell88 Yep, I'd ask them, depending on how many your allowed you may not need to add protien to other things right now....unless you just want to but I didn't like adding Protein Powder it changed the flavor of what I'm eating "unflavored"'my buttocks! I did after surgery because I HAD to since I couldn't really Even drink that well.

hmmmm @@Elode I may just wait for that post surgery lol.... I have a massive amount of Protein powders too..... I did my sample buying a few weeks ago from Nashua online.... I wanted to try it all! lol

@@Shell88 I tried a few and bought a big container of the nectar fuzzy naval that everyone raved about...it's ok but I haven't used it since making a few Popsicles out of it. It Doesn't taste like any "orange juice" I've ever tried before I also bought the unflavored GNC protien powder and it def changes the flavor of things so its a big fat LIAR! Protien powders are hard!

@@Elode the fuzzy navel wasn't bad - was more like the peach mango drinks I like. All Protein powders have that initial odd taste and smell to them until a few sips in and you get used to it. Didn't like the nectar cherry.... The Bariatric Advantage Iced coffee was definitely hard to get down. But if you like vanilla ice cream, nectar vanilla Bean Torte with fat free milk and ice in a blender is amazing!

I did not think about popsicles though.... good call!! I think I will definitely try that!

My pre op diet consisted of 4 high Protein slim fasts every day for 4 weeks, I wasn't supposed to have any other type of food or anything, even sugar free Jello. I was allowed Crystal lite.

@@Shell88 Ok well I may have to try that on the next order, I keep hearing then Cappuccino by nectar is really good so I think I'm going to order the sample packs this time.

@@Shell88 I tried a few and bought a big container of the nectar fuzzy naval that everyone raved about...it's ok but I haven't used it since making a few Popsicles out of it. It Doesn't taste like any "orange juice" I've ever tried before I also bought the unflavored GNC protien powder and it def changes the flavor of things so its a big fat LIAR! Protien powders are hard!

Fuzzy navel should be peach tasting ( I'm a bartender on the side lol) I'd like to try that though.

@@Elode Yeah, I'm liking the samples- don't have to commit :-P

@@laurenella82 - oh it does haha trust me.... still has that protein-y initial taste, but some schnapps would do the trick (just kidding)