Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Does anyone have a magic bullet?

<p>I have a Magic Bullet and I think it's a piece of crap. It won't even whip butter!</p> <p> </p> <p>Waste of $$ in my opinion!</p>

I'm not sure I can answer your question because I've never made juice in mine. I can't imagine that it would be completely chunk-free, but you could strain the juice to get the chunks out.

I love my MB! I use it daily for my morning Breakfast Protein shake. I also use it daily to grind coffee Beans. Thank god - now I can dump my messy, hassle-laden coffee grinder (and get it off my counter). I've also used it to make salsa and to mix pancake batter for my kids.

I have one and LOVE it. I use it for smoothies mostly, but I've been putting my Soups through it since I'm still on the liquid stage. It gets rid of almost everything. However, I put lentil Soup through it and it left pieces of the skin from the lentils.

I've never made juice with it, but I think when I bought it it came with a juicer attachment (?). I love it and use it every day. Wouldn't trade it for anything else.

i bought a magic bullet pre-op it broke in no time i didn't do anything wrong the blade busted apart while i was making a smoothie now i am left with al these attachments that are now completly useless. huge waste of money.

This subject has come up before on this board and some people have had similar experiences, mostly with motor issues. I've had mine for 2 years with no problems whatsoever, using it every day. My mom has one, too, same amount of time, no problems either. Did you try contacting the company for a replacement? It may still be under warranty.

hi gadgetlady yes i contacted the company that i bought it from and they told me there was only a 6 week warranty. i had bought it about 2 months before i started my pre-op. so i had not even had a chance to use it maybe my fault but then again i didn't think it would brake on me only after 4days of use. oh well live and learn.

That totally sucks. I would dispute your charges on your cc if it hasn't been that long. If you never used it and it broke 4 days after you did, likely the cc company would stand by you.

I have a magic bullet-- I'm on my second one. The first one lated about a year then it burned. Of course I had a second one because they made me buy two, so I had a backup. LOL. So glad I didn't give it to my sister.

The motor burns out if run it for longer than ten seconds, or try use it for something that is pasty/too thick. But I find it works fantastic at what it CAN do. dips, Protein shakes, chopped foods, whipped cream, mixed drinks, chopped ice, pestos, sauces, pureed Soups. I like using the cup for one thing then tossing it in the dishwasher, and only washing the blade if I need it again. But then I have 4 blades, because I bought two! The juicer DOES NOT WORK!

In sum, I like it alot, it works for what I use it for, but there are some major things it does not do which other people probably don't like.

hey gadgetlady. that is an awesome idea i wish i would have thought about that its been about 3 months now so i am outta luck. i did write the company a very nasty letter. so that got some of my anger out lol.

Yep, I just bought my second one...I got one for Mother's day last year and within a week, my daughter and her friend burned out the motor making snow cones with solid ice!!!! They didn't realize that you're not supposed to let the motor run and run and run! Any way, I love it for smoothies and to puree foods...so I got the second one, at a door buster sale ($49), mainly for the post op diet!

I have one and I use it for everything from blending eggs for french toast to making creamed ham, which has NO CHUCKS and I only add a small amount of Water to it like a tablespoon, comes out as creamy or as soft as a babys bottom if you may. I've never had a problem and could not live witout it. IMO I was told by someone that there is two different sets. one is a lower quality then the other, but I don't know which is which. They said that alot of the stores buy the lower qual one so they can make more money. I got mine from a kitchen magazine. Best of luck if you get one.

A good alternative for the MB is the Hamilton Beach Pesonal Blender - it is $14 and I know a number of people (myself included) that have used their 2-3 times a day for over a year with no problems.

As for making juice......just a reminder - fruit and fruit juice is high in sugar/calories/carbs - you really don't need to include them in your weight loss plan. I missed the fruit flavors, so I now use the SF syrups by Torani or DaVinci and add them to my shakes and cottage cheese.

I have one and it has a juicer attachment that works just as well as my regular juicer (some kind of Jack LaLane (sp) something), only MUCH smaller and easier to clean up. A regular plain magic bullet isn't going to juie to well, just puree, but there is a dedicated juicer attachment that is awesome!

Nothing can be taken as a rule. I've run mine for well over a minute straight WHILE making butter, actually just last weekend - DH is a purist when it comes to the butter on his homemade bread. And it's still working fine today.

Sometimes people think theirs has quit working, but it stops working if too much gunks gets down either under the silver plate at the bottom, or around the holes that the cups lock into. If any of you have them just kind of spontaneously (or even in the middle of running) stop working, just clean it out good, let it dry, and try again. Granted - that may not be the problem, but it fixes it for me.