Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

So I took some refried Beans, added small amnt of shredded cheese, some sour cream(to make it thin) and a dab of hot sauce, and I could only eat about 4 tsp full.....YES I AM FULL, satisfaction at last. .

That sounds SO GOOD! I hadn't even thought about refried beans - YUM! I might try them even though I haven't gotten my band yet! I'll definitely write that one down! THANKS!

Good morning! How is everyone today? I'm finally at a point where my discomfort is getting tolerable - yeah!

Question: is anyone else feeling a lot of pressure on the chest? I went to bed last night feeling like I had an elephant sitting on me....very uncomfortable!

About me: I'm 36 and live in San Jose, CA. I've been happily divorced for 3 years (was married for 11). I have 2 wonderful kids, ages 5 and 10. Raising them alone is a challenge, but in a good way. I also work full-time in human resources. I started looking into banding many years ago, but my ex didn't approve and I didn't need yet another thing to get yelled at about. My friends have all been bugging me to start dating again, but I lack confidence at this size. I finally decided it was time to make some real changes and take back my life....so here I go! I've been overweight since my latter college years and am dreaming of the day I can shop in the regular size deparments again. :)

My life is pretty boring. I'm Ashley, 23 years old, live in Oklahoma. Work full time as a medical receptionist, and go to school for court stenography. I love to sing, have been performing since I was 11.

I am single, no kids, and still live with my parents. I've battled my weight since I was 6... And that's about all there is to me. :-P

~*Ash*~

Great idea.....

I am 33. I just moved to Frisco...just north of Dallas, Texas. I love being in this area. I am a teacher, but looking to get as Assistant Principal job. I was an A.P. for 2 years in West Texas but went back to teaching when I moved. I am single and have never been married. I have been in several long term relationships, but for whatever reason they didn't work out.

Well howdy neighbor! I live in Frisco as well. We've been here for 2 years now and love it. It's a fast growing area though. We went away for 3 weeks over the Christmas period and when we got back there was a brand new building on the corner of the street.

Just wanted to say hi to everyone. Been reading your posts alot but not nearly able to post as often as many of you ( you know who you are). Banded on 7/3. Including pre-op diet.. looks like I am down 21 pounds. They have me doing full liquids now, mostly Carnation sugar free instant Breakfast, Atkins shakes, etc... looking forward to some eggs next week!

Have been able to do some exercising, but over did it a bit today. I need to be more careful, but, I have an impatient personality.

Glad to everyone is doing so well. Keep up the good spirits and great work!!

Hi Dini,

As far as your question about your bowels, My system is al messed up, I will be constipated for a couple of days and then have diarrhea for a few days, I guess it's just part of the process.

But don't fret your not alone:sick

Might I make a suggestion here.... When I was on the lemonade diet, one of the requirements was to drink Senna tea in the evening. It helped "clear things out" and believe me, it works like a charm! A word of warning though, you have to be readily accessible to the bathroom. When my bowels decided it was time, it went into emergency evacuation mode! :)

We joke because there is a song out there somewhere that stated, I knew I loved you before I met you, and it was the truth.

I can so totally relate to this! My hubby and I met in an online chatroom in 2000. I didn't meet him face-to-face until 2 years later. I knew I was in love with him before I laid eyes on him. When I finally did, it was like everything fell into place. He was so much more good looking and wonderful in real life than I ever imagined. My life has become a fairytale come true since then.

Savage Garden sing I knew I loved you before I met you.

[ame=http://youtube.com/watch?v=69Z9rkmEcPE]YouTube - savage garden - I knew I loved you[/ame]

My name is Brandy, I have been married to my high school sweetheart for seven years, we have a six year old boy named Samson, and two, two year old twin boys named Duncan and Conner (so I am outnumbered), we also have a 10 week old beagle puppy named Howie "Ninga Puppy", they all keep me busy. We live in the middle of Kansas. I am currently am a stay at home mom (that's how I gained all my weight), I have tried to go to college twice for nursing but every time got pregnant and quit. I am hoping that when I lose some weight I will go back, although I am still not sure what I want to be when I "grow up".

Hi all. My name is Nichole and I'm 28. My husband Rodney is currently and ICU nurse for Indian Health Services, but can't wait to get back to Oncology and more specifically the Bone Marrow Transplant Unit. We currently live in Fort Defiance, AZ which is on the Navajo Indian Reservation. We moved down here from Omaha, NE in 2005.

I'm currently in school getting my degree in Elementary Ed and am set to graduate in December of 2008.

We really love the SW region of the US and are probably looking to settle here once Rodney is done with his Masters Degree. We do however want to live somewhere where there are 4 seasons, so most likely we won't end up here in Phoenix. :)

Anyway, I'm day 4 post op and feeling much better today. The only pain I have is where the port is and from what I understand, that's pretty normal. I can't believe I've had liquids all week, and I haven't had the feeling of being hungry. That part has been nice. I can't wait to start eating mushy foods next week, and the refried Beans are on my list of approved foods!! I just can't imagine pureed food and the thought of it makes me a little sick to my stomach. :sick

We are finally getting ready to head home and I'm very excited for that. I have about a 5 hour drive, but it will take longer since we've been told that I need to stop every hour and walk. Oh well, it's all worth it.

I have to go finish packing so I'll sign out for now.

TTYL,

~Nichole

Yeah, Danny, our testosterone is back. So glad to hear you had a wonderful experience down south!! And we're glad you came back to see us too.

Lots going on. We're trying to get a one year Bandaversary Cruise started up for any of us who want to meet next year. Hope you'll think about it. It will be great.

Gets some rest cause you have a lot of reading to do. We've been having a lot of fun around here, and just discard all the estrogen comments. Glad you're back safe and sound!!!

Cruise, I LOVE CRUISES, count me in. Give me the latest details, I think this is a great idea. You guys are the best! Danny

Anyone up for the 08/08/08 Cruise please PM Dini. She'll be keeping the list and 2 others are getting prices and checking out cruise lines. I think we've all agreed the Carribean cruise will not work with hurricane season, and so far we have votes for a Mexico and Alaskan cruise. Any other ideas, please don't hesitate to shout them out.

Hi, Everyone!

Frustrated, where can we find Senna Tea? Don't believe I have heard of that before? Does it taste good?

Dini, I haven't been able to move my bowels right either since my surgery. Haven't gone yet, but I believe Lynette said it took her 5 days. I am taking a stool softener now to see if that helps, but with what we are eating, probably wouldn't go much anyways.

Trystelle, I know what you mean about keeping up, it is quite a challenge!!!!

nurse76, congrats on being full after a few bites. I can't wait to start eating something substantial. These liquids are getting old today! I feel hungry and hadn't up until now!!!!

Becca, welcome and congrats on getting banded Monday! Same day as me! Hope you are doing well!

jdhj861jr, welcome back! Glad you are feeling well! How nice your wife sounds!!!! You will have loads of support and that is wonderful!!!!

Lynette, I know, isn't it nice to be in love???? When you are, you just know!!!!

:faint:Yesterday and today I have had so much swelling in my ankles and feet. Last night, had to prop them up and my left one throbbed! So I called the Dr. today and he said come in right away. They did an ultrasound on both legs, but didn't find any blood clots, thank God! He said if I get any sudden pains in my chest and/or shortness of breath, call 911 right away and get to the ER. So, yeah, hope that doesn't happen!!!!!! Gee, my husband was giving me a foot massage this morning to help relieve them and the nurse says that is the worst thing to do!!!! Well, who'd of known that???

Tell us about you!!!!

My name is Jeanie and I am 46 years old! I live in PA. I have 2 wonderful girls, one aged 23 and one nearly 21. I am very proud of them!!! I have been married to the same wonderful man for 25 years in January. He is my best friend and I love spending time with him (and my girls, of course!!!!). We are a very close knit family and love doing things together. However, the girls are getting older and my husband and I have a lot more time together, but it is good and kind of refreshing after all of those years of doing things around the kids! I have taught school for the past 15 years. I love what I do and I am ready to enjoy things more now that I will be feeling better! My life is GREAT!!!! No complaints!:whoo:

Hey Danny!! Wewlcome back! I am wondering how your expereince went....since I am getting ready to do the same in Monterrey.... I hope your port pain eases! Great work on your weight lose!!

Hey Michelle, your going to do great!!! My expierence was awsome, It went so fast, I swear I landed in Monterey(my phone worked, called Alltel they had an international plan), they picked me up at the gate(nice car), straigt to the hospital(checked in), I met the nurse(all the pre op was done),met the dr. and the anestiologist, went straight to surgery, all this happened within 2 hours, was back in my room at 10:30 pm, my wife sais I was pretty out of it, about 1:30 am, I got out of bed and started walking(just like they say), I met 2 other nice women who had the procedure done that day, they were both doing well, but I never fell back asleep, I would watch the 3 english channels, a little apple juice, ice chips, and Water. Every half hour that night, I walked, with very little pain, I guess you feel very bloated with soreness in your belly, like you did 300 situps.

It's been over 3 and a half days, I can look at food, No cravings, that is a miracle in its self. The hotel was nice(Shereton 4 points), it connected to a nice size mall(Liverpool), so I walked a lot. sleeping on my back, thats been a little bit of a challenge, I took some liquid tylenol for the port pain, it has helped a lot, been using the gas strips(need I say more). Probably the most embarrasing thing, I'm not constipated, I have direahea(Thank god for my wife or toelet tongs), she has been a savior. I was eating that sugar free hard candy, but I recommend to stay away from it!!

Monterrey was very industrialized, it was not very clean, but overall, I felt very safe. You will see more billboards in monterrey than anywhere you will ever go, if the room you have channel 5, 23, 29 are the english ones!

Please Michele, walk as much as you can, when you wake up from surgery(you will be very groggy, you will be in and out, at that point I was thinking, This was the dumbest thing I have ever done, but after you get over that groggy part, everything seemed normal. Plus I was on a mission: WALK, WALK, WALK, WALK ETC..

I hope I do not go through bandsters hell, I am so full right now. I did get a little heart burn, 33 yrs. old never had heartburn, kind of weird.

I love being banded, I feel like I have discipline, I hope we all can get together one day, you guys have been the best. I wish you the best of luck and I will pray for all of you. Danny

Hi, Everyone!

Frustrated, where can we find Senna Tea? Don't believe I have heard of that before? Does it taste good?

You should be able to get it from your local Health food store. In the herbal tea section. Whole Foods, GNC, Wild Oats or some equivalent.

Does it taste good? It's not horrible. It took me a little while to get used to the taste of any herbal tea really. But I use it more for medicinal purposes. If I feel I'm not as regular as I should be, I'll have a cup of it in the evening and it'll help clear me out the following morning. It seems to work its magic overnight for me.

Here's a bit about me:

My name is Ruby. I'm 43 years old. I met my hubby online in 2000, met him in person in 2002, decided we couldn't live without one another so agreed to make it a permanent arrangement. I lived in New Zealand at the time, he was working in Overland Park, Kansas, but changed employers and location to here in Frisco, Texas just before I came over in December 2003. We were married in April 2004. I have an almost 9 year old son. He has 2 children (boy 12, girl 10) who live with his former wife in Germany. I can't think of a single time when we've had an argument. We've had disagreements, but we've never gotten really upset at one another to the point where we've raised our voices. It's so very different for the both of us. Our previous relationships were often battlegrounds.