Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Sheelah, hiya how you doing? you found us! good stuff. how are you feeling abut the opp? not long to go..eh? if you need anything at all give me a shoot you've got the number.

Lynette , me get a day off you must be joking!! i was suppose to have tuesday off and i was in and out of the shop like a yoyo!! How you going babes yet again your little fellow is such a cutie pie and just the right age for Annafrancesca when there older!!!! (keep it in mind)

Chimboree, my stunning little sausage how are you?

Aunti Phyl have a super time in Canada, I hope you get good weather while your there.

Sunshine today i taught about you. The reason why is cos its RAINING like crazy here and i taught maybe you could spread some Sunny SUNSHINE over here. Let me know if its possible!!!!! Oh and about saving money i taught that was a good way, in the end that would just be spent on me i earned it!! and now it will be going towards the cruise.

Lindaa you were saying about fitting into your daughter clothes, wel i want to fit into my Mothers clothes. My mom is a size 10-12 ireland/uk sizes so thats a 6-10 USA sizes. I do all my mom's shopping. i totally love shopping for her. she thinks everything she buys look awful so i've to get everything for her. to tell the truth she looks rocking. Customers in our shop keep asking here out as 46 and gets asked out by 30 year old (sorry to have giving you the life story!!!!)

DMTJET how are you doing? are you feeling well??

Is anyone having problems going for a poo? i'm not going at all !!

also i know this sounds strange but when i eat i get this horrible pain in my lower rights hand side back. i'm going back to the doc for a fill (i badly need one) in 11 days so i'mm ask him about it.

i can eat full normal size meals right now. i'm not inpressed.

hope everyone is well x

Hi Dini,

As far as your question about your bowels, My system is al messed up, I will be constipated for a couple of days and then have diarrhea for a few days, I guess it's just part of the process.

But don't fret your not alone:sick

Dini, I think they just wanted to go somewhere where is wasn't AS hot as other places. I guess you can type that word, you sound very upset at him when that word comes up, didn't offend me. I've heard your story and what you've ben through, and I know you're upset. Hang in there with us.

nurse76, glad to hear your full finally. It is a nice feeling only after a few bites isn't it.

ok love you all, but i've gotta go back to work, i'm bring my own lap top with me so i can come on-line after work

have a great day all. xx

Hi, Christy,

Introductions... a good idea. I'm a retired RN, 63 yrs old, married to Earl for almost 43 yrs. Originally from Buffalo NY but DH was career AF so we moved a lot for 20 yrs & then settled in Seattle...for a while, then 15 yrs in Oklahoma (DH worked for Boeing after AF & they transferred us to OK) & now retired & just moved back to Pacific NW to be close to where the kids settled down. We have 4 kids in their 30's. Youngest boy is still in OK. Two girls here in this area & one boy is Navy Cmdr stationed near San Francisco. We have 10 grandchildren ages 1 1/2 - 18yrs.

We are RVers, so we go SOUTH in the winter, to Desert Hot Springs CA, near where IndioGirl lives!! That's where I attended my WLS seminar last winter. Then when we got settled here in our new condo, I found Dr here to do my surgery. Had the last of my pre-op appts. this week and one week from today is my surgery date.

Dini: We missed you yesterday. Sorry to hear your brother is being such a jerk! And hope your pooper starts working!! ;)

See... I didn't write anything down so now I can't remember who else I wanted to "talk" to. Oh, well. Lynette, you are so good at keeping everyone straight. I get all mixed up sometimes!!

Oh, chimboree, hope your UTI is all cleared up by now!

Felicia, sounds like you are doing great!!

And Peaches, as well. Big Wave Dave was in the chat room just before I got there last night. I didn't get to chat with him because everyone was gone, but I guess he must be back home and maybe we'll hear from him today.

We are patiently waiting for our daughter & her husband to get here so we can leave for Canada. We're going to Whistler, which is a winter time ski resort, summertime play! We've never been there but they have. Grandkids were supposed to go with them but both had to work so we get to go instead!! We're excited and DH is pacing waiting for them to get here!!

Hope everyone has a GREAT weekend! Looking forward to reading more good reports when we get back on Sunday!

:) ;) :canada:

Great idea.....

I am 33. I just moved to Frisco...just north of Dallas, Texas. I love being in this area. I am a teacher, but looking to get as Assistant Principal job. I was an A.P. for 2 years in West Texas but went back to teaching when I moved. I am single and have never been married. I have been in several long term relationships, but for whatever reason they didn't work out.

I too realized that I have always found such pleasure in food, but also guilt because I would overeat or eat the wrong things....such an ugly cycle!!

My defining moment when I decided I had to do something was...as terrible as this may sound....I am not a judgemental person, just honest!! I realized I didn't want to date a fat or overweight man. But I struggled with why I wasn't dating alot......I do have a pretty face and a great personality (uuuggghhhh....we all hate to hear that!!) How could I expect men to date a fat girl? This was my ah-ha moment!

Has anyone else in the dating world felt this way...

I was just scanning back & noticed we have several nurses! I wanted to say one more thing, Christy. I was an LPN for 10 years before I went back to school (with four kids!!) to get my RN. Its hard work but well worth it. Congrats to you for doing that!! My neice just did that, too & she has FIVE kids including two newly adopted while she was going to school!!

Gladster, I though what you wrote was well said, and I dont think anyone would be offended by it, it's your truth. For me, I've always ended up with thinner men, not that I looked for that, and I've been attracted to heavier men, they just weren't who I ended up with.

Funny thing about my DH and I, we met on a singles phone line. We talked for about 14 hours over the course of 3 days, and then finally met face to face. We joke because there is a song out there somewhere that stated, I knew I loved you before I met you, and it was the truth. We had so much in common and found out so much about each other in those 14 hours of phone conversations, that we knew we didn't even care what the other looked like, we liked each other from the get go.

I remember him getting ready to pull away from my car one night, just 5 days after meeting him face to face, and he mouthed the words 'I love you' to me. I was freaked out, because I thought if was too fast. We had both been seperated from our soon to be ex's for only about 8 or 9 weeks. But it was love, and we couldn't help it, and I couldn't help it that the man on the other end of the phone line was a 'HOTTIE"

I got in last night, everything went well, my mexico expierence was wonderful,Dr. Zapata is incredible, the hospital was super clean and modern, the room me and my wife stayed in was huge, along with the bathroom, I could actually fit in the shower. I'm having a little port pain, I guess it is more of a discomfort, my stomach feels like I did about 300 crunches, sore but very tolerable.

It's been 3 and a half days, I've lost 14lbs, I feel like I am shrinking, I can't say enough about the support everyone on this site has given me, if it was not for my wife and you guys I would probably still be reading all these threads,not answering any of them, and say maybe next month I'll have surgery, it is time for change. I have a lot of reading to catch up on, you guys are lightning typers. My 3 words a minute, just doesn't measure up.

Talk to you all later, Danny

Dr. Zapata (I'm his new spokes person)

Monterrey Mexico

Inamed Vg 11 cm band with 3cc's left in band

Starting weight 310lbs current weight 296lbs

Yeah, Danny, our testosterone is back. So glad to hear you had a wonderful experience down south!! And we're glad you came back to see us too.

Lots going on. We're trying to get a one year Bandaversary Cruise started up for any of us who want to meet next year. Hope you'll think about it. It will be great.

Gets some rest cause you have a lot of reading to do. We've been having a lot of fun around here, and just discard all the estrogen comments. Glad you're back safe and sound!!!

Hello Everyone! I was just banded Monday and I am so amazingly happy that I have my lapband. It looks like we have a pretty big group of Lucky Sevens. I look forward to getting to know you all!!!!:)

Welcome Becca, we have a great support group here. There's a lot of us, but the more the better. We're excited to have you join us.

So where are you from? I'm in Covington, KY. Did you have surgery local?

Hope you have a fast recovery. I was banded on July 2, and I'm feeling great!!!

Hey Danny!! Wewlcome back! I am wondering how your expereince went....since I am getting ready to do the same in Monterrey.... I hope your port pain eases! Great work on your weight lose!!

Hi- I am from Katy, Texas and I went to Monterrey to have my band too. My doctor was great, so I have no regrets. I am so thankful to be home.

Hey Becca--The nice thing about this big happy family is that there is always someone here to talk to. I've been around for two weeks or so, and have found tremendous support, encouragement, and honesty here. Whenever I get hungry (which has been pretty much non0stop for the last two weeks) I just check in to see what's going on. Everyone's positivity and encouragment is uplifting. Thanks everyone!!!!

Hi! I'm Kim from Kansas...I am a new teacher (2nd year) - worked in business and finance previous to teaching - now I'm actually happy in what I do :). I'm married to a WONDERFUL hubby - I have one daughter, almost 16, and my husband has 3 kids. I also have Boy Kitty the wonder cat - I bottle fed him as he was abandoned by his momma.

I love reading, cooking (uh-oh), traveling, and riding my Harley. Just went on a "chicks" ride with 24 other riders - had a blast!