Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Hello all....I've been reading the posts, but not posting myself. I guess I've just been a little bummed that my day got moved from the 11th to the 31st due to the confusion to obtain a sleep study test. I feel like I was mentally psyched up for the 11th and now the 31st feels like a long way off (even though I know it isn't!)

Some good news though, I am off to do my sleep apnea test tomorrow night, that was fast!! A cancellation allowed me to get in 2 days after my consult, I felt pretty lucky about that!

I wish all those who have gotten banded recently a smooth and painless recovery...I love hearing how you all are doing. And to those who are going to be banded in the next few days, I feel your excitement and resolve and hope I feel the same way when my day comes.:)

Oops, forgot the question of the day......what pieces of clothing am I looking forward to wearing??? Where to start.

I've been heavy all my life, just growing larger each and every year, so I think the last time I wore jeans that didn't have elastic in the waist was about 15 years ago.....I'd love to have a nice fitting pair of jeans that look great on me, without my tummy falling over the waste band!!

Someone mentioned a little black dress....that sounds sexy, I'd like one of those too!!!:eyebrows:

hi caolin

im due to be banded on july 31st too it seems ages off but i know its not. i always thought i was fat cos some nasty people always commented about the size of my boobs so i started dieting and it was up and down for twenty years concequently im now 87lbs hevier than when i started. Roll on surgery day. as for wot im gonna wear when im slim its a pair of jeans that i bought when i was having my son in 92 still with the lable on

Good Morning Lucky Seven Bandsters!!!!!!!!!

What a beautiful Sunday morning it is here:cool:. I promised myself a little outing today:whoo:, so you'll be glad to know I won't be siting on my computer all day long:ranger:, again, like I've been for the last 6 days.

chubby buddy, welcome to the Lucky 7's. We're a comical bunch around here:eyebrows:, and I seem to think it's a great support group too. Hope you like us as much as we do.

Coltonwade, I'll try to get a picture on here of my ID Bracelet. And check with your surgeon about the pedicure thing. I wasn't allowed to have toe nail or fingernail polish on during surgery:mad:. Just an FYI.

Marcy, do you know I laid in bed last night for the first time since surgey, and I had pain in my port area for 15 to 20 minutes:omg:. I laughed so hard last night, I actually started thinking a poped a stitch or something:eek:. So no hard laughing until all is healed.

caolin, I know it's not this week:(, but your surgery will be here before you know it. At least you got in earlier for the sleep study;). Just remember, God has his plan for you and his reasoning behind the date change. I know it sucks, but hang in there with us.:)

appleblossom, best of luck to you.:whoo: I didn't realize you'd be leaving already. Hope you have a smooth recovery, and let us know how everything goes for you. Your in our prayes.

Chimchimorie, Chimboree, where have you been. Hope you're feeling better:sick and don't have that infection you thought you might be getting.

Dini Bambini, what fun I had last night.:clap2: I haven't laughed so hard in a long time. Laughing is so good for the soul, just not good for your port!!!!

Jessica, Where did you live before? I'm sorry to disagree with you, maybe because I haven't been wherever you have been, lol, but I love VA!!!

Jeannie,

I am originally from South AL so we always went to Pensacola Beach or Ft Walton Beach. the sand looks like sugar there and will squeak when you walk on it. Here, not so much. LOL

I can't seem to get the picture of the Bracelet laying flat to copy, but you get the idea anyway. Nothing fancy, but I don't ever have to take it off to shower or swim. It's 10k gold.

Just in case any other 7/9 Bandsters will be leaving today for surgery, I'm going to wish you all the best right now.

So Dakota, james2539, forgv70x7, dmtjet, tinkerbell, bun1, jdhj861jr, cantweight, and appleblossom, you'll be in our prayers. Be safe, have a fast recovery, and come back and let us know how you all are. Good Luck everyone. Hope I got all of you.

To Everyone flying to get their band.....

I just called Delta Airlines ( I will be flying in 2 weeks to Mexico) and requested the bulkhead seat for the flight back, I can't imagine being in a squished seat just having surgery.

This is what they told me:

-1st they entered the request in the database under my reservation,

-then they said when I arrive at the airport to request the bulkhead seat and

-I am also going to bring a note from the doctor that I just had surgery.

The airlines always hold bulkhead seats for the day of travel. I guess I just need to get to the airport early to insure this works!!

Makes me feel so much better, I'll be able to stretch out a little more!!:biggrin1:

Good Morning to all. I just have to write a little note to thank each of you for you notes of support. I was so bummed out yesterday and so many of you wrote back such positive things that I feel like a new woman today. I am totally back on board and getting things all ready for my big day Thursday. My sister came yesterday afternoon and we talked and made plans for her to take me to the hospital at 5:45 AM on the 12th. My surgery is at 7:30, so I will not have to sit around and think about it all day. I am very thankful for that. My doctor always make his patients spend the night and all of his banded patients go down to x-ray together the next morning for a barium swallow test. Then if all is ok, you back to your room for you clear liquid Breakfast and then home for the FIRST DAY OF OUR NEW LIFE! All is good and I wish all of you who are getting banded prayers and good luck this week. It is so nice to have others let us know what we can expect.

Have a great day!

Patti C

Some info for the logs....

Chimboree Yes, my surgery is on a Saturday!! It works out great since my husband has to be Mr. Mom!!

My current weight is 275, 5'8", was there any other information you need for the spreadsheet?

I have started weening myself off of some foods, I've been off of coffee for 4 days, and no sugar/sugary foods for 2 days. My Dr. also has a Pre-Op diet/Liquid for 8 days before surgery.

I can't imagine going from regular eating one day to lap band eating the next day! I would be definitely setting myself up for DISASTER!!! I just don't want to not succeed at this like I have all the other diets that I have been on. I really get worried about that?...anyone else have these same fears??

Good Luck to everyone who is getting their lap band in the next couple days!!:clap2:

Lynette, Dini and Dmtjet, y'all were having too much fun last night:biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1: I was laughing reading your messages. Good thing I don't have a port yet.

Dini, I agree with Marcy. Try focusing on the positive, of why you love each other and got together to begin with. Sometimes this is very hard to do. Like Marcy said, if there are no positives, maybe you should move on.

I hope Lynette got this list right cause I copied it. Dakota, james2539, forgv70x7, dmtjet, tinkerbell, bun1, jdhj861jr, cantweight, and appleblossom, I will be thinking of you all tomorrow. May your surgery and recovery go well.

Chimboree, I hope you are feeling ok. You are missed here.

Laurend, how is it going. You just did so well. I didn't see a post from you but could have missed it in all of the pages:biggrin1:

Kathybad, I am a Cathy also...and a nurse. I am renovating also, I have been de-junking forever. I don't think I will ever finish. I removed the carpet from the living room, dining room and hall and I am having Pergo put down. I WILL have all this finished before the 25th because my cousin is coming up to stay with me a few days with surgery. She really didn't need to but she wanted to and it will be nice to have one person here focusing on me and my recovery. My kids are 20 and 23 and are busy with their own things. My 82 yo mother lives with me but she won't be able to take care of me. I just need a little pampering..:biggrin1:

Welcome to all those who are new. this is a great group.

Marcy, you mentioned what 3 things I have to be thankful for : my family, my faith, my friends, my health, the ability to support myself comfortably, my generally positive outlook on life, my animals, I did mention my wonderful children did't I...the list goes on and on:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Talk with y'all later...

:)Welcome, Chunky Buddy! Your day will be here before you know it! Trying to catch up with everyone, but wow, lots to read!

KathyBad, Yeah, I got my pencil back! Thanks to Lynette!!!!

:paranoidLynette, Suzielondon, and Sunshine, thanks for the well wishes! I am nervous, but excited and anxious to get it all over with as well. My husband made me a hamburger on the grill today, with baked Beans, and watermelon. It was yummy! So the rest of the day is SlimFast shakes! Oh well, I really kind of like them! Especially, the Cappuccino delight!!!:)

Just a note: :cool:I went to bed last night, thinking how very lucky I am to have found this post!!!! You have no idea how much easier this has made this whole process!!!! I know I would be much more nervous, if it weren't for all of you!!!! Thanks for everything! By the way, I had a blast last night too. I think this could be the beginning of some very long and lasting friendships!!! Whoever would have thought that something this simple could make so much difference! It is so nice to share with people that TRULY understand what we are going through. Thanks again!:clap2:

What am I thankful for?

I am thankful for my wonderful and loving husband, my two beautiful girls that have turned into such loving and caring young ladies (they make me proud every day!), my mom with whom I can share everything, my home, which isn't that big, but perfect for me!, a good job and the ability to pay for MOST of what I want, the health that I am striving to keep, and the good Lord above for bestowing all of the treasures upon me!!!!!!! Gee, I am really quite a Lucky Lady!!!! Really no complaints, other than the weight, which I am taking steps to restore, so ... nah, no complaints from me!!!!! Oh and yeah, I do want to wear a sexy, red, slinky, dress!!!! LOL :whoo:

Thanks for your posting, Suzie. I have a 4+ hour flight as well, and will definitely ask for bulkhead seats on the return trip.

My biggest fear is what if after losing this weight (all 200lbs) what I am hoping for will not come true? Okay, I currently weight 435, I am at home all the time (I am also a stay at home mom, so I mean all the time!), I don't like to go out because I am afraid of what people think of me, what I look like, and because I get tired so quickly. I am ackward in meeting people because I don't feel like I have any important thing to contribute. I have this idea of the person I want to become when I lose the weight but what happens if that doesn't happen? What if I just stay boring, hermitlike even after losing the weight? Does anyone else feel a little like that?