Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Ronik, my darling if it cost only 25$ i would be getting them every week & would have the prettist feet of all the land!! mind you if pedicures are that cheap i'm sure everything else is. Jesus i would pamper myself all the time. Then god love everyone i'd be a cocky demom. Letsw just say it probably best i can't pamper myself everyweek, i'd have the biggest head ever!

Lynette sugar if you want my name on your nails you go girl i promise i wont ask you to take it off!!

on a more serious note i'm not feeling the support off Adam (my partner) he thinks he's being really helpful but to be honest he's totally not. Even little call or txt to see how i am but he ALWAYS as an excuse why he didn't.. eg he didn't want to bother me, he taught i wouldn't answer my phone in the doctor ...lalalalalala

hope everyone is well. x

Suggestion, Dini. You should definitely let him know what you need from him at such a vulnerable time, so speak up. But make it an "I" message, not what he hasn't done, but what you would appreciate from him. Maybe something like - this is a tough time for me, you've been great, I don't want to ask for more but it seems I need more contact from you but just very short text messages during the day, a quick phone call. Could you do that - it would mean so much to me - or something like that in your own words.

I agree, it is a serious matter. Good luck.

Hey gang! Just popped in to say hello. I am about to head out the door to do some family stuff. I will certainly check back in and write more once I come back.

Glad to see so many folks on already. Haven't heard from Breadlady lately. Where are you?

Later gators!:biggrin1:

Oh my gosh - you don't post here on an hourly basis you have to read 5 pages just to get caught up - and then if you are old like me (i know we do have some 50+ here :() you read all the post and then forget who wrote what - but can idenify with it all..

Well, I have had last meal mentality since 5/31 when i went to the doctors.. Have my pre-op visit 7/6 - so that means 7/7 pre-op diet to shrink my liver - don't know what it will consist of but hope to get at least 1 meal w/meat & veggie.. 7/13 have my colonoscopy so only Clear liquids 7/12 and the 7/16 same thing another colon cleanse :cool:.

I had my sleep test 6/15 and got the cpap machine 6/26 and must admit that i feel alot more refreshed when i wake up in the morning - still having a hard time with the mask.

Fill & Pedi here in the Desert $40 for both.. Do it every 3 week..

I too have a lot of confidence for a plus size women and know that i will think i am TOO HOT when the weight comes off (and i think a friend at work who will be jealous and secterly say i did it the easy way - she struggles with her weight too)

Why am i fat - don't really know, except i know i make all the wrong choices when i eat - fat/sugar love veggies but drown them in butter, eat the fat on the steak - skin on the chicken - I LOVE all food. Eat when i am board - weigh at birth 3lbs (and lived which most likely back in 1955 was rare) & my Mom always said i made up for it. Maybe looking for comfort that I didn't get from my Mom (she had some mental health issues) was thin form 15 to 25 but didn't really relize how cute i was (thin body but still fat in my head - and now fat i don't always see myself that way in my minds eye)

Never liked exercise - execpt dancing - I was a DISCO GIRL :whoo:

I thinnk i just gave up.. It's too hard to diet when everyone else can eat and be thin.. and what's the use i lose it but it always comes back plus more.

I need the help of the band to control my portions...

Well the timer just went off - so gotta ck my ribs :hungry: Getting ready for my family to come over swim & eat.

Hope everyone has happy 4th

Sunny,

I've been with my company for almost 13 years now. I have 15 weeks of medical leave I can take a year, but I have to take a week of vacation before I'll get paid 67% of my pay. So this week is my vacation week, only taking 4 days due to the holiday pay I'll get for today, and then I'll take 3 weeks of medical leave. I want to get through the liquids and mushy stages before returning to work. So I figured I have the time, I may as well use it. I'd like to stay home 6 weeks, just to have some extra time with my son, but I'll probably be ready to go back after 4 weeks off. I figured I'd need the time to mentally prepare myself for the rest of my life with this. So I am going to use the time wisely.

AppleBlossom--hey, I'm going to Dr Ortiz on the 10th for pre-ops, surgery on the 11th. Welcome.

Mrs Horne--I'm glad you're well enough to post--sorry about the nausea.

HEY EVERYONEHAPPY 4TH JULYHOPE YOUR HAVING A WICKET DAY I'LL POP BACK LATER AFTER I DO MY food SHOP X

Hello Fellow Bandies!!! I'ts nice to finaly say that!

My Surgery went very well yesterday I have 4 small Laproscopic holes and 1 larger for the port 3" under my breast bone center. I'm sore but its managable with the Meds I'm a firm believer in taking pain meds as needed...why suffer, enjoy the ride!:whoo:

I'm feeling no hunger so just sipping lots of liquids beef broth realy tastes good! I think my new montra is to just enjoy the little things 4 oz of broth, whodof thunk it!

The hospital called me to come in early 8:00 AM and I was home at 3PM

definatly have a heating pat Itrealy helps with the gas pains, also when ever I stand up I start burping, Intresting huh It took a while to get the first burp out and then its almost constant kinda feels good after!

sorry for the LOOOONG text off to the sofa to my beloved heating pad!

hope the other 7/3/07s did as well as me...BTW I got the 10cc vg band.

more later:notagree

MrsHorne - glad you're home, sorry you had a rough go of it for a while.

Bobberts Mom - nice to hear you are home also. Love your cat, btw.

I'd take the Lean Cuisine!!! at least its SOLID ha,ha,ah....

I started my preop diet yest... cottage cheese, yogurt... by supper time I HAD to have 1/2 of a Sweet potatoe(no butter) and one cube of pork from my DH Skewer of Souvlaki.... but other than that DAY ! pre-op went o.k.

Todays much better.... and only 6 more days to go~~~

Bobbets Mom, you're home. I'm glad you're doing so well. I haven't felt hungry either, I'm having a hard time decifering between gas pains and hunger pains, so i just figure it's gas. I'm having a hard time with the burping. I can walk up and down my street 5 times and only burp once. It's getting frusterating, but at least I have no gas pain in my shoulders.I remember that from my gall bladder surgery.

Glad to see you're doing well. Check back in with us later. Welcome to Bandland.

Dini, Happy 4th to you also. You'll love this one getting back to the conversation on support of our partners from yesterday. So my DH and I are standing in the kitchen about 5 minutes ago, and he steps back and starts looking at me. I say to him, what's wrong. He says nothing. I asked what he was looking at? He says, "you're legs are getting smaller already!!!" See, they just don't understand. They try, and my DH has always had that sense of humor, but sometimes, it's just not funny.

So now, would I even think to ask him how he thinks I look say 1 month post op? No. He thinks he's funny, but he just isn't all the time.

Oh well, I let it go, and he's gone now, so I'm going to enjoy my evening alone.

It's raining here in Kentucky, with thunderstorms and tornado warnings. My DH just left to go watch fireworks with friends. He's going to have a wet night. He wanted me to go. I guess maybe he thought he could talk me into it. Not. Especially after the leg comment!!

Chimboree: "Just wondering. What caused you to gain wt? Was it a pregnancy, depression, some other major life event?"

I've been overweight all my life. Photos cost money way back then, so the only "baby" picture of me is when I was 2. I was this beautiful, chubby little girt, chowing down on a bag of potato chips... sort of stuck with me. I hate that picture.

I've battled with my weight ever since. I remember going to the doctors when I was in grade 4. I weighed in at 101 lbs. My son will be starting grade 4 in Sept. He weighs 70 lbs. Man, I was fat.

As an adult, I did the yo-yo, but sort of had things under control once I met my DH. Still overweight, but not too much, and a lot healthier than I had ever been.

When I was pregnant, I gained a lot of weight... but lost it all within about 2 months post-preg. But when my son was diagnosed as deaf at 10 months, it started to creep back on, due to stress. Then more medical issues = more weight. Then, 2 years ago, I started a starvation diet, and lost 75 lbs. I felt great, and was keeping it off for a few months, until our new daughter moved in.

She was then suffering some medical challenges, and again more for our son. So I quickly packed on 85 lbs. Now I'm at my highest, and I can't go any further. My health hasn't been worse, and I'm scared.

My surgery can't come soon enough. I did my pre-op medical stuff today, and got confirmation from the bank on my financing. It's not covered by any insurance plan in Canada, and costs me $16,000. So I'll be paying for this for 4 years... but I think my life is worth it... and so does my DH.

Ok, I've been rambling too long. By the way, Chimboree... you are beautiful... loved your photos.

Indiogirl, I'm glad to hear you CPAP machine is working well for you. I don't know a lot about it, but wondered if this is something you will need after surgery also? I didn't have a sleep study, so I'm not sure how it works.

I'm a pretty confident plus size woman from the outside:), but boy I feel way different on the inside:cry. I think I try to be the jokester of the group when I'm out, trying to divert others attention away from my weight. I can see myself becoming a very confident smaller size woman also, outside and in, but please don't let anyone tell you that you took the easy way out. This is not easy. It's a tool. It won't do it for us, we have to work with it for success. And DAMN right, we will be hot mamas and papas someday, and I think we all can be a little proud and cocky about it once in a while. It will be healthy for us!!! Sorry if I offended anyone, but we're going to work our butts off to be healthy, and if we feel we want to be a little cocky about how we look and feel, then more power to us.

Wow, did I just type all that.:) See, I'm getting a little cocky already.

Must be the meds I just took,:paranoid or the comment my DH made about my legs- refer to my last post to Dini.

Kathybad, I am self pay also. About $16,300 after all is said and done, but I think it is so worth it. I'm worth it. It's an investment in myself. I'd do it again in a heartbeat. I'll probably be paying on mine much longer, took out a second mortgage, but at least I'll be around to pay for it!! And the way I'm going to look and feel will be priceless, and I'm ok with that too!!:clap2:

Lynette. ( and everyone).talking again back to 'support issue'

About half an hour ago Annafrancesca while playing with her hit me right at my port I couldn't breath with the pain. I waddled to my bedroom. Adam follows with Annafrancesca and she to her give mommy a kiss, the poor little girl is looking at me crying trying to kiss me then i have to pick her pt and comfort her, while i'm in agony... he walks out and go's for a smoke on the balcony.... 20 minutes later kisses me and said good-night.........Right now i want to go pack his bags and kick him out. i'm so annoyed.

Did you ever think he was being serious, all jokes aside did you not say you lost 4-5 lbs before the op, maybe just maybe he was being serious.

Bobbert_Mom, heh heh heh , you sound like your doing great.

Kathybad, i too am self pay 10,000 euro (just over 13$) i refuse to get into debt. i was supose to get it in Nov 06' but decieded to save up fist and pay it all off 1st! it sounds like your all set

MrsHorne, how are you darling? i hope your feeling better. i've sending a cyberHUG hope you get it.

I see there are a few online how how you guys doing?

Oh Dini, I have tears in my eyes just thinking about your daughter kicking you. Are you OK. I can't even imagin the pain you must have been in. You poor thing. We know she didn't mean it, but it doesn't make it feel any better. I'm sure he could of stuck around for a bit to see if you were ok, especially since you said you had a hard time breathing. She very easily could have knocked the wind out of you.

I just think my DH was trying to be nice, I'm just thinking how could I have lost any in my legs. I always lose in the chest area first. I had shorts on, and all he could see were my calves, which are pretty muscular. He's just trying to be funny, and make me laugh.