Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Guess who got her desktop hooked up at home? Yep. My poor laptop. I'm gonna take it in to see if s'thing can be done w/it. I miss her so much already. I wanted to take it w/me to the hospital b/c our rooms have wireless internet access. I wanted to be able to talk to ya'll while there. We'll see.

Well, guess I'm going to bed. I'm tired. :notagree Gnite!

We'll be praying they can resurrect that laptop for ya, HOTSTUFF!!

I'll be honest, I'm not looking forward to the liquid diet. I start it Sunday on the 8th and will be on it for 10 days. I got all the stuff they suggested, Protein Powder. The thing that worries me most is, during the day, when I'm at work or even at home, I can feel myself go low sugar. I'm not diabetic, and I was on actos for PCOS, but my doc took me off that weeks ago cause he said that would make my sugar drop, yet still if I haven't eaten anything in a while, I feel shaky and it drops. Once I get a little sugar in me, I feel better but I'm worried with the liquid diet that the low sugar might happen.

What have ya'll done when this happens on the liquid diet? I mentioned my this to my doctor but he said once I was off the Actos I wouldn't have to worry about low sugar, but it's still happened.

Well it seems as if I've got this ball rolling again. I finally got a date for a sleep test consult this Friday and I hope I can keep to my new surgery date of July 31st......I like it in July!!!

Chimboree - loved the dress, thanks for sharing your pictures, you definitely looked radiant and very elegant!

Lynette - as Sunshines stated, "You are my idol" I have to agree. You definitely are the poster child for lap band successes! I love reading how you are progressing....

Hope everyone has a great 4th of July......whether you can eat or not!!!:clap2:

ReneeMarie--I'm getting surgery w/Dr. Ortiz on the 11th, and I'm not really doing either. I have a shake for b-fast and generally eat a salad w/some meat in it for lunch and dinner. I've lost 9 pounds since the 25th, and I'm not starving. It's working well for me. Of course, I have to have something fun to reward myself, so I have Healthy Choice fudge pops and 100 calorie pack cupcakes as well. I was supposed to lose 13 pounds, but I guess I'm really supposed to lose 15 now (5% of body weight) because I gained 3 pounds between the time I faxed them my paperwork and the time I started my pre-op diet. D--- last supper syndrome!

Jennifer--I know it's a bummer when things don't go as planned, but it sounds like this date change will really work out for you! I know what you mean about your dad going w/you--I kinda wish my sister would go w/me for the same reason.

Wrangler--I'm not taking meds or anything, but I have been told I have low blood sugar, and I know that when I'm doing well on a diet, I usually get dizzy a lot. Can you keep some oranges on hand for emergencies? (Won't that be convenient? "Sorry Boss, I'll get off the floor in a minute--I just need someone to throw me the orange in my purse.")

Hello everyone,

I am new to this busy board. I will be getting banded July 9th by Dr. Ortiz in TJ. I feel Lucky to have found you...nice pun hee hee.

I was originally going to get this done is June, alone and in secret, but I wasn't as strong and I thought I was. I postponed to July 9 and my Mom is going with me. My Mom was diagnosed with diabetes during the postponement and it brought me out of some denial.

I have yo-yo'd majorly....30-70 pounds with many different diets and I have to learn to maintain a healthy weight. This is my hope with the band.

I have been married 15 years and we have 3 kids.

Congratulations to those of you who are already banded and best wishes to those waiting.

Chimboree – I concur with everyone else, you are beautiful! I love that you get your nails and pedicure done. I have gotten my nails done every 2 weeks for the past 7 years. I have a great nail lady and it has just been something I have always done for myself. Pedicures are now about once a month, as the polish must match my nails, or at least coordinate!

Thanks for being such a cheerleader, along with the others of you who have been regularly. It really does help!

Lynette – I am so glad you seem to be doing well. I was talking with a friend today about the trip and recovery and I told her all about you and how you are doing. My plan is to be the same. Your story and words of encouragement are so helpful.

Ronik – I understand what you are saying about your sister. I want my father to live a long healthy life, but feel at his age he won’t be able to lose the weight he needs to without help. However, I know that no one else can decide for him, I can just be a role model and show him how great the band can be.

Jennifer

The reasons I am overweight – good question Chimboree. Ok, I have to come clean. When I first read this I thought that might be a good question for others, but not something I would answer or even give much thought to, and honestly I don’t know why. However, after reading everyone’s answers it actually motivated me to really start thinking about what got me here, and even more importantly how I am going to change things so that I can deal with the issues and not just find another way to cope with them. So, thank you Chimboree and everyone who answered that question!!

I guess I will give my basic thoughts/answer now, although I will be looking into this much deeper over the next few weeks.

I remember feeling overweight in the 5th grade. However, I know my issues with food started much younger. My mother was very controlling about food, I was not even allowed to get a drink of anything without asking first – even at 10 or 11. She would also lock the freezer and hide food from us kids. She had times where they didn’t have enough as kids, so she wanted to always be sure there was plenty, which is why I think she did those things. After my parents divorced, my father remarried the step-monster and a huge custody battle so neither would have to pay the other child support, I developed an eating disorder, first anorexia and then bulimia. I never really got the care I needed to drop those totally until about 10 years ago. I could be more normal for months at a time, but when things go stressful, I went back to the old habits. I have not done anything like this for probably 6-7 years and it actually never even crosses my mind anymore, which is such a relief.

I guess I never really learned how to eat properly and have not stepped up to the plate and taught myself and been strict enough with myself in the past. I know I eat for the wrong reasons at times. I am so looking forward to having Boris/Bandolina (I just thought both of these were great!) be there to help keep me in check.

Wow, I am just chatty Cathy tonight I guess. I know some of the reasons I got to this point and hope no one will think I am whining about the situation. I think we become who we are because of our past and our experiences. If there is something we don’t like, then it is up to us to make changes to fix those, blaming others won’t help. I guess it just took me this long to find what I need to help me make those changes.

I am proud to be one of the Lucky 7’s, everyone who is here has made the decision to do something to change their life and I know we can all be very successful at this.

It is late so I will go to bed and stop posting now! :notagree

Jennifer

I was banded yesterday and for the most part had a good experience. I did get sick after waking up and vomited. All I could think of was...Oh No I don't want it to slip.

They gave me every option to control my nausea and it just did not work on me. Mostly, they made me feel very sleepy. They had me drink 30 ccs of Fluid before I could leave.

I have five incisions and I am sore but moving around fairly well today. I can't really feel where the port is but I can see which cut is the largest.

Good luck to everyone...

wow Chimboree, I am really going to have to think on why I am over weight, that is so tough. I would have thought that I was an emotional eater, but that isn't really true. When my mom died 4 years ago, I lost a lot of weight only to gain it back. We were very close. Now, my husband was just laid off from his job of 30 years... downsizing so they let the highest paid workers go with no notice.... and in the 2 weeks, I have lost weight... so this is one I really have to think about.

I saw your pictures and I think you are beautiful... along with your nails and toes :cool:

Good Morning to all my Lucky 7 Band Buddies. Happy 4th to all.

Welcome to ReneeMarie and AppleBlossom. As you can see, we have a great support group and we're excited you've joined us for your your lap band journey.

MrsHorne, glad you're doing well. I too did the vomitting after surgery. I remember a nurse saying my name, and I moved my head a little bit and there it was, the nausea, and then it came up. I really wasn't even awake at that point, and I told them before surgery that it would happen, but then I felt so much better afterward and started answering all the questions they asked me. I wouldn't worry about slippage at this point. I think you have to do this many times before it will occur. Congrats on your success, and keep us posted on how your doing.

Wrangler, I don't know anything about the sugar thing. Wish I could help, but I've never had low bloodsugar. I'd keep your Dr informed on how you're feeling though. Just because he says you shouldn't be feeling that way doesn't mean you don't. Don't ignore your body. Talk to the Dr.

Caolin and Sunny, I feel honored to be your Lapband Idol. Just wait until next year, I'll be petitioning to get my picture up there on the top of this page!!! HA-HA.

JenniferNaz, I'm glad my experience is encouraging to all and I hope everyone will have the same experience with their own recovery.

So I slept real good last night.:notagree Up only once to potty about 3am, and went right back to bed. Getting up I was a little sore, but once I get moving I feel great. I stood and washed dishes this morning for about 15 minutes, and I'm getting really good at picking things up with my toes so I don't have to bend down!! My sons coming home today from my moms and then is going with my MIL for the afternoon, so I'll get to see him for a few minutes. I miss him so:cry, but I know I needed the time alone to get through these last 2 days.

Thanks to all of you for your interest and support, and for your analysis, Chimboree. I think I do have a Last Supper mentality, plus my daughter is pregnant and I think I'm reliving my pregnancy with her through her, when for the first time in my life, I ate what I wanted. I was 130 pounds then and put on 50 which came off fairly fast. Now of course everything's different but I don't think my mentality has shifted, unfortunately.

I'm excited about the surgery and Rebecca, would love to hear from you when you can post again. Best, best of luck to you. All details welcome. I'd love to bring my laptop and will have to find out if they have wireless at the hotel.

WOO HOO!!! So glad you're doing so well!!

Lynette, that's wonderful. You're a quick healer. So glad you're keeping us all posted on the day-by-day.

Low Blood sugar --- I started my pre-op Sunday. Monday at work I had that dizzy feeling in between shakes. My dr allows a fruit snack in between so I am doing bananas to offset that feeling. It only lasted on Monday and seems to be gone now.

Maybe do half a shake every 2 hours instead of 1 shake every 4 or so? Split it up to help keep it level.

MrsHorne, glad you are back and doing well. Sorry for the episode of nausea but that is common from anesthesia. Hope we hear from the others today.

Lynette, I smile when I see your posts, thinking about you bored at home with only us for company. I thought you said you were taking 4 weeks off. How did you manage that. I only 2 weeks.

Jennifer, I think it is great your dad is going with you. But you cannot have the name Chatty Cathy. When I was little I got that doll for Christmas and my Mom swore to me they named it after me. :cool:

Chimboree, I love manicures and pedicures. I get a pedicure fairly often but not the manicure. My thing is massages. There is this guy here with hands that should be insured for a million or so. He is so great. My daughter and I give him back and forth for birthdays and Christmas. I usually get a massage once a month. I would love to be able to afford once a week. If I ever win the lotty I will go daily...:(

goodmorning and welcome to reneemarie and apple blossom. this group is great.