Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

I'm excited and getting nervous again, but oh well. I feel horrible too because I cheated on my pre-op diet on Saturday. But, I got back on the band wagon and am doing ok now. :eek:

Good luck to those of you getting banded in July! I can't wait!

My surgery date is July 10. I am a self pay and am going to Mexico to be banded by Dr. Rumbaut. Anyone else? My mother and my older sister are also going to be banded that day!

Rebecca

278/278/150

Rebecca--I'm getting banded July 11th in Mexico, but w/Dr. Ortiz. We also have a similar amount of weight to lose. You are very lucky to be having surgery w/your family. My sister is a very big girl, but she won't even consider surgery. My mother lost a lot of weight not too long ago, so she really doesn't need it right now, and, thankfully, she's mostly quiet about her obvious disapproval. She is spending two nights at my house to watch my kids, so she's supporting me in her own way. Still, it would be great to have a fellow bander in the family!

Nicole

261/?/130

Hi Ronik,

Thanks... I had to adopt to get my little girl... but she is worth being jealouse over!!!

Kathy

If I have another it'll be adoption or maybe fostering, and I'll be looking for a girl. I'm getting old (36) so I may just wait for grandkids. I have a 17 year old, so it's not ridiculously far away. It better be at least 5 or so years, though!!! BTW--I bought a Tink goal shirt today. It's a large, but the styles are tiny right now, so it looks really small.

Forgve70X7 -

Thanks for the welcome and the info on the AZ group. Is it another group on this board?

I am also following the Dr. Kirshenaum thread, as he is my Dr., but I need to find a backup for fills here in Phoenix.

I actually have my consult over the phone with Dr. K in just an hour, so trying to get any last minute questions thought of, typed out and organized before he calls. It is funny, this is really the first time I have felt nervous at all about all this! I guess it is finally becoming real.

I hope everyone is having a great day, especially the 3 (I think) that are having their procedures done today!

Jennifer

I was beginning to think everyone had disappeared. For some reason my e-mail notifications weren't letting me know there were updates to the thread. I finally came here manually and discovered there were 3 pages worth of posts to read. :P

Dini: Thanks for the info. I remember reading about it earlier in the thread but had forgotten who it was that posted it.;) I'm glad things have improved for you and you're back on track again. With any luck I'll be mid-cycle on surgery day, but Murphy's law and all.... It'll be just my luck that I get it early just to keep life interesting! :eek: I don't have any more questions at the moment, but that doesn't mean a hundred won't pop into my head at any time. :D

Sunshine6855: I'm getting banded the same day as you. Guess that makes us band sisters. :biggrin1:

Kathybad: I hadn't even thought about port location being so important. I don't want it in the underwire bra section and I don't think I want it under my ribs, bothering me when I sleep. So that's definitely a question for the doctor when I go for a pre-op visit next week.

Dini also brought up the type of port. I have no idea! I've been so consumed with jumping through hoops trying to get insurance approval that these little important questions just fell by the wayside. But I'm making a list and checking it twice now. Thanks ladies! :D

[Go to TickerFactory.com to build your ticker counter. Chose weight loss and then select your tape from the many choices. Once you've selected your tape, hit "next" to choose your marker, then hit "next". Once it's complete, highlight the tape and hit "ctrl+c" to copy it. Then in this website, go up to the top and click on "UserCP" and select "User Signature". Click in the signature text area and hit "ctrl+v" to paste the tape.]

Kathy-thanks for the reply, but I tried this and it still didnt work--I tried to copy and paste the bbCode and the HTML and I tried to cut and paste the tape itself and paste it.......NOTHING!! I am a spaz

Any other suggestions?

Anna

Anna,

Pasting the bbCode should work. I had to do it several times before it looked right. Try again. Don't give up. Once its done, its real easy to update. Set up a password and Bookmark the page. Hope this helps.

Good luck to you guys, I'm being banded in Monterrey with Dr. Zapata on the 9th, Staying at the Shereton, Leaving the 12th, I wish you all the best of luck, Danny

This is one active thread!!! Hello to all the lucky#7's, I have been reading your posts for a while. Not many guys on here, Where are you Guys at? Not that I don't you ladies, matter of fact , after reading all these posts i feel like I know each and everyone of you. I wish this group the best of luck, Danny

July 9th Dr. Zapata Monterrey Mexico

This is one active thread!!! Hello to all the lucky#7's, I have been reading your posts for a while. Not many guys on here, Where are you Guys at? Not that I don't you ladies, matter of fact , after reading all these posts i feel like I know each and everyone of you. I wish this group the best of luck, Danny

July 9th Dr. Zapata Monterrey Mexico

Thanks, Danny, and welcome! This is a great group... very supportive and much encouragement here. Very enlightening, too, to read everyone's diffrerent experiences and how different the doctors' protcols can be as far as pre=op, post-op diets, etc. I have learned a lot in the few weeks since I found this site!

Hey gang!!!! WOW!!!! I have just been catching up and boy, did that take me a while. That is wonderful. Glad to see so much activity going on.

I sure hope our friends are doing okay...Lynette, BFyneNTyme, and BeefyIrish...We are certainly thinking about ya'll. As soon as you're up to it, give us a shout! Let us know how you're doing.

I am updating the calendar right now, so stay tuned.

Be back shortly!

TO: Laurend, Bobberts Mom, MrsHorne and Abbey12477

GOOD LUCK TOMORROW !

TO: All new to the Lucky 7's - Welcome !

Okay...Here it is. The most recent calendar. Please let me know if I've missed you or if there are any other corrections.

If I did miss you, I'm sorry...It really wasn't intentional!

July 2007 Bandsters.doc

Praise the Lord! Miracles DO happen! All this talk about periods, flowers, Aunt Flo, "being in the womanly way", etc. has brought on my period a week early! You know what this means???? It means I'll be done before my surgery next week WWWAAAAAHHHHHOOOO!!!!!

:clap2::whoo::clap2::whoo::clap2::whoo::clap2::whoo::clap2::whoo::clap2::whoo::clap2::whoo:

I DO believe in miracles and I also believe that HE deserves the credit for this one! Rock on, God!

Now, for more serious matters....I had to explain Carbs to my sons the other day (Connor is 7, Owen is 4) and did a little "well if you eat 10 carbs and only burn 5 then the other 5 turns to fat....I'm trying to trick my body into burning fat since I'm not eating carbs". A resounding "Ohhhh, I see" comes from the back seat, then my little Owen says, "I'm not eating carbs ever again!" I had to explain that popsicles, ice cream, Peanut Butter sandwiches, and milk all had carbs in it...we just have to eat them in moderation and make sure we burn them. I swear the kids have been more active since I explained this! It's funny....after they eat they run outside to "burn carbs" too funny! At least the weather is cooperating today!:eek:

If you think I'm hot now, just wait till after I'm banded...I'll have to change my name to FIRESTARTER!!!! :flame: LOL!!!!!!

Oh yeah, forgot to tell ya'll that my laptop caught on fire! :omg: For no reason. Sooo...I'm gonna have to hook my desktop up so I can have internet access this weekend. Boy oh boy. That's the 2nd thing of mine that has caught on fire for no reason. My car did a few months ago...that was scary cuz I was in it!!! Anyhow...gnite gang. Will talk to you later!

wOW!! Chimboree.... you must be HOT!!

:omg::omg::omg::omg::omg:

Hello everyone !!! Welcome new lucky 7's !!!

Boy is it hard to keep up with this thread..... I've hardly visited other topics !!!

NELLI I love to watch Big Medicine....I'm wondering how that other young guy is doing...I think his name was Allen.

CHIMBOREE You are one hot chick already !!!!! :eek: About the exercise... I have a treadmill in my home that I use faithfully ('bout the only thing I ever stuck with) I also LOVE to do Turbo Jam....only I used to do it about 40 pounds ago !!!! I will definately do that again when some of this weight comes off.

LYNETTE Best wishes girl....not too much longer !!!

DINI WOOO HOOO good to hear from you...glad you're doin a little better each day !!!!

God Bless everyone..... Thanks for all the support !!!!!!!!! ;)