Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

NSV... my hubby has been away this week..... I have NOT eaten JUNK.... did you hear me????

NO JUNK!!!! I've journaled my food, gotten off my fat ass and exercised.... I am liking the bike for transportation.

Now the real test will be on Sunday, when I visit my Mom.... usually there are Goodies Galore that are hard to resist...plus I do this emotional eating behaviour too.... ARGH~~~

I will make a plan for sunday!~~~( I promis Janet)

Sweetie - I guess you missed my post - I said this morning how FANTASTIC YOU HAVE DONE THIS WEEK !!!

I am really really proud of you !!! We should have done this challenge ages ago !!! It got your butt in high gear !!!

I think if I go with a Tank-ini I will be okay. I have some cute bottoms that I like, but I don't have a top to go with it.

I am glad that you like to shop because DH doesn't. I don't particularly like it but sometimes you just HAVE to do it. I have a pool at the new apt complex we are moving to and I will be swimming this summer.

I just REALLY want the surgery. But I am committed to running a half marathon on Dec. 13 with Losingjusme so I have to do it after then. By that time all of my other surgeries will be paid off.

I saw on FB 4 hrs ago he was going shopping with you :0)

I too want PS but I guess I'm just not ready for it or I would have done it by now... When the times right - I guess I'll do it - but then what would I have to complain about :unsure:)

What the heck!

How did I get two pages behind!!???

Ya I got the EA too - I haven't tried that one yet - but my trainer says that working with bands is a really good exercise

I agree with you on the wii fit - it is a little slow even though I am not good - I hate how long it takes you to get back to the actual exercise - like the step this morning and then hula hoop - But I did work up a little sweat this am - and I was moving and not sitting on my arse... so that's something..

I am going to try the EA tonite...

I need to know barefoot or with shoes - the whole reason I really got it was cuz I figured I could do it on the days I don't go to the gym Sunday - Thurs - Friday and those Tuesdays that I don't make it - or can do in the morning on the days I do go to the gym -

Does anyone have any of the other games (exercise) like Jillian Michales - I think I may look at the viedo store and try them out before I buy anything...

Ok back to work...

Darling - I am the resident sheriff - but doesn't mean I always practice what I preach - heck if I did I wouldn't have had a weight of 143 !!!!

I think it's just that I can't keep the scale at 138 like I was doing - since Easter - it has been fluctuating 138 maybe 3 time - but usually around 139 - 140 - 141

I know I am obsessing - but imho - i think it's better than saying "f" it and letting those lbs keep adding up til I'm back at 250 !!!

DON'T get the Jillian game.

I've read nothing but BAD reviews on that one. Go to Amazon.com to research some of these games. Click on the reviews to see what other people think of them.

I don't know anything about the EA Active... hadn't heard of that one. I'll have to look it up.

I ALWAYS do my Wii with bare feet. You can buy a "sleeve" to cover it... I was getting black footprints on mine from sweat, I guess. I think they have the covers at Target.

Karri, YEAH FIVE LBS GONE!!!:tongue2:

perhaps those little Terrorist Carrots were good to you after all LOL.

I'll join you on the next WL Challenge, just let me know the parameters....

Janet: don't be concerned about your Wii age, balance is the one that is tricky to improve... it takes practice... and its fun getting the Practice.. each day you'll get more control over your core muscles... I LOVE the YOGA stuff, I prefer that to the balance which I SUCK at too.

LOVE the boxing and step aerobics.. I figured out a way to use my ROWING machine and have it count for Free form Step Aerobics... I just have to place th controller in my pocket while I row, and it counts it as a step... I feel SO clever :unsure:

one px left today

That is pretty clever! I think it was one of our grandsons that showed me some other tricks, but they were only cheats. So then what's the point. He was doing something with his hands on the board to fool the Wii in to thinking he was actually exercising. It was kind of funny, though.

But if you're rowing, then the Wii is tracking your exercise.

So you can all kill me with hula hoop and step aerobics, etc.,

but I'll cream you on balance games!

I would highly suggest that before anyone gets PS, that they have really become comfortable with their eating because you look so much better that when you see yourself you think "Why do I have to work so hard when I look so damn good." I am NOT the only one that has had this problem. There are a lot of us that have talked about this problem...though it is not widely published. People don't like to talk about their failures. However, there are at least 7 of us that have gone through this and emailed each other.

This is another reason that it will be beneficial for me to wait until December. That way I will have acclimated to my new job and figured out if I am going to be able to handle the stress. If I find that I am turning to food like in my current job then I am going to have to wait until summer next year. But at least this time I am prepared for the mind set that seems to come along with the knife.

BTW I can join in on the Wii challenges when we move to our new apartment. Right now we are playing but our front room has things stacked on top of each other so that we can actually play.

Karri, I am officially jealous, Not only do you have a wii, are a fabulous writer, you are a size 2. I don't think I was a size 2 when I was 2. I will be happy with a size 12. In regards to the Tummy Tuck, I would love to have one some day. After 5 children, 2 c-sections, and 7 abdominal surgeries, I have a hanging apron, that covers most of ...well you know...down there. Even at my thinest and a size 6, I still had a stomach pouch. I have only wore a swimsuit as a child, well okay there was the summer....let's leave it at that.

Okay dinner...it tasted so good, but alas, could only eat 1 little shrimp, 1/8 c of salmon and 2 little bites of sweet potatoes. I'm still hundry, but no more will go down. So I put it in the refrig and will eat it later if I can. I'm bummed

Karla, my official goal when I had surgery was to be a size 10. I was SHOCKED when I got to a size 4. I joked that if I EVER wore a size 4 I was going to put my pants on inside out and take a picture. There is a picture of that day somewhere WAY back in the pages. Don't sell yourself short...you could get there too. Janet is a size 2/4 as well. Age, previous history, and other obstacles will not get in your way if you don't let them. I NEVER even dreamed that I would ever be a size 2. But here I am. Hard work, dedication, and refusing to give up will get you there too. I am not saying that you HAVE to be a size 2, but don't set your goals to low. Like I tell my students...Don't dream big, Live BIG! Dreaming only gets you so far....living will get you where ever you want to be.

As for the Wii...I wish we could use it more. It actually isn't good for me because I play it and don't go to the gym! I should be at the gym right now, but instead I am at home playing a new boxing game that we rented. DH likes it but the jury is still out for me.

I too have heard NOTHING good about the Jillian Michaels one. I am looking forward to hearing the review about the EA sports one. I have heard that it is pretty good. I am glad that Janet bought it so that I can try it out before I buy it.

What the heck!

How did I get two pages behind!!???

DON'T get the Jillian game.

I've read nothing but BAD reviews on that one. Go to Amazon.com to research some of these games. Click on the reviews to see what other people think of them.

I don't know anything about the EA Active... hadn't heard of that one. I'll have to look it up.

I ALWAYS do my Wii with bare feet. You can buy a "sleeve" to cover it... I was getting black footprints on mine from sweat, I guess. I think they have the covers at Target.

That is pretty clever! I think it was one of our grandsons that showed me some other tricks, but they were only cheats. So then what's the point. He was doing something with his hands on the board to fool the Wii in to thinking he was actually exercising. It was kind of funny, though.

But if you're rowing, then the Wii is tracking your exercise.

So you can all kill me with hula hoop and step aerobics, etc.,

but I'll cream you on balance games!

[/center]

Most likely cuz you were farming all day :unsure:

Ok gang wand to know how stupid I am !! I had the freaking Wii board backwards !!!! No wonder I couldn't keep pace - it said left I put my left food on it but it didn't work - I leaned left - it leaned right - it wasn't til I was doing the EA (phyl I saw it on QVC I think or tv or read about it somewhere a couple of weeks ago and on FB Jackie was asking about it) Well anyway I was doing the skating - it said raise left leg - I did but the Mii right leg went up - after 2 rounds - I looked down at the board and the light bulb went off !!!! STUPID!!!..

So tomorrow I will retry the Wii fit balance & tightrope - I finallay got to 34 ft but the clock ran out on me..

I would highly suggest that before anyone gets PS, that they have really become comfortable with their eating because you look so much better that when you see yourself you think "Why do I have to work so hard when I look so damn good." I am NOT the only one that has had this problem. There are a lot of us that have talked about this problem...though it is not widely published. People don't like to talk about their failures. However, there are at least 7 of us that have gone through this and emailed each other.

This is another reason that it will be beneficial for me to wait until December. That way I will have acclimated to my new job and figured out if I am going to be able to handle the stress. If I find that I am turning to food like in my current job then I am going to have to wait until summer next year. But at least this time I am prepared for the mind set that seems to come along with the knife.

Kari - well that "why do I have to work so hard when I look so good even without PS is a problem " I gotta say that's how the 2 lbs creeped back on - oh a bite of this or that skipping going to the gym on Tues - that extra treat here and there - What really worries me about PS is that I won't be able to exercise - and I so don't want to ever get out of that habit - yes I have been doing it for almost 2 yrs now - and that is the LONGEST time I have ever stuck to anything - including eating healhty..

I know that I have read on the other threads that alot of pple are struggling who are 2 yrs out (don't remember if it was the ps or April 07 thread) but pple are having a hard time.. But that just goes to show us that - this is a battle that is going to have to be fought everyday of our lives - some days it will be easier but then again some days are going to be so very hard..

BTW I can join in on the Wii challenges when we move to our new apartment. Right now we are playing but our front room has things stacked on top of each other so that we can actually play.

Of course - I just jumped in myself - Yesterday 30 minutes on the Wii - today 1.5 hrs !!!! 30 min this morning and 1 hr tonite...

I like the EA but I need to get some bands that have more resentants - the one that came with it is too easy - for a beginner it would be fine - but I do lift weights and this band isn't giving me enough of a work out..

Karri, I am officially jealous, Not only do you have a wii, are a fabulous writer, you are a size 2. I don't think I was a size 2 when I was 2. I will be happy with a size 12. In regards to the Tummy Tuck, I would love to have one some day. After 5 children, 2 c-sections, and 7 abdominal surgeries, I have a hanging apron, that covers most of ...well you know...down there. Even at my thinest and a size 6, I still had a stomach pouch. I have only wore a swimsuit as a child, well okay there was the summer....let's leave it at that.

Okay dinner...it tasted so good, but alas, could only eat 1 little shrimp, 1/8 c of salmon and 2 little bites of sweet potatoes. I'm still hundry, but no more will go down. So I put it in the refrig and will eat it later if I can. I'm bummed

Karla - I never in this world thought that I would be a solid 4 with a few 2's in my closet - I was happy with a 14 - then the 12 omw I was in hog heaven - the came the 10 - then 8 - then 6 and I said oh that's it a dream come turn - then those 6's got too big - I didn't do anything else but eat healty and work out and my body has found it's happy weight and size.

So like Karri says don't limit yourself to a # - just keep eating healthy & exercisse and what is ment to be will come..

you have 5 kids !!!! I just thought the 3 girls - I was confused on the FB pic when you said all your girls

Ok this is a perfect example of what I am talking about - you are pouch full but hungry - well if you are physicall full - how can you be hungry - head hunger - this is why you can not be so tight that you can't eat a meal - cuz then you are going to end up eating around your band..

Karla, my official goal when I had surgery was to be a size 10. I was SHOCKED when I got to a size 4. I joked that if I EVER wore a size 4 I was going to put my pants on inside out and take a picture. There is a picture of that day somewhere WAY back in the pages. Don't sell yourself short...you could get there too. Janet is a size 2/4 as well. Age, previous history, and other obstacles will not get in your way if you don't let them. I NEVER even dreamed that I would ever be a size 2. But here I am. Hard work, dedication, and refusing to give up will get you there too. I am not saying that you HAVE to be a size 2, but don't set your goals to low. Like I tell my students...Don't dream big, Live BIG! Dreaming only gets you so far....living will get you where ever you want to be.

As for the Wii...I wish we could use it more. It actually isn't good for me because I play it and don't go to the gym! I should be at the gym right now, but instead I am at home playing a new boxing game that we rented. DH likes it but the jury is still out for me.

I too have heard NOTHING good about the Jillian Michaels one. I am looking forward to hearing the review about the EA sports one. I have heard that it is pretty good. I am glad that Janet bought it so that I can try it out before I buy it.

Karri - I think I like it - did one set at intermediate pace - worked out 26 minutes (ran boxing kicking arm curls lungs)- and I think that included the instruction - I worked up a little sweat - just learning it but think I am going to like it..

Ok gang it's 9:37 and I haven't eaten and I need to eat if I am going on 1.5 hike at the crack of dawn - and I can't wait to come home and re-try my wii fitness now that I have the board figured out :tongue2:

Oh gang - please say a prayer for my gf Linda - she is the one who had bypass in Septemeber - she is in the hospital with a lower intenstal blockage (I think it's lower just remembered the words blockage)

She called me this morning and said she wasn't feeling well that she went to the ER and they said everything was fine - and to see her reg doc - so she calls her primary care doc - not her wls doc and makes an appointment for Monday - well I tell her she better call her wls doc cuz this is her stomach that's hurting and he needs to know..

Well don't know what happend but her daughter called to nite and she's in the hosptial (Linda would a blockage have anything to do with bypass surgery)

They were waiting for surgeron to come and talk to her - I told them that the doc here needs to talk to her wls doc before they do any cutting...

Linda is Auntie Linda to my son and I am Auntie Janet to her kids - I am an adopted member of their family - I love her dearly so please keep her in your prayers tonite...

Thanks !!!!

50 minutes on the Wii tonight... about 20 on Wii Sports and the rest on Wii Fit. Scores improving. I think I got 3rd place with my downhill skiing... so almost up to my best personal times. Wii Sports age was 78 tonight! Because it gave me THREE boxing exercises to test me. I can't get the boxing gloves to go where I want them.... must be holding the controllers wrong. So then I did some bowling. Only 21 yds on the tight rope. I was doing well with that one lst fall, but now I can't do the knee thing so that and the ski jump are big failures for me. I got all the way through the 8 levels on advanced tilt table, but couldn't come close to my top 10 scores. I do all the balance exercises except the snowboard and that stupid last one... I think you're supposed to sit on the board, and that's not going to happen.

Food today... eggbeaters omelet with art. crab, salad with more art. crab for lunch, morning snack sf,ff latte. Afternoon... wine... about 6 oz and a tiny bit of gorgonzola cheese. Dinner... 1/2 a small filet... about 3-4 oz, 1/4 peas, sauteed onions and mushrooms. Tonight... 60 cal Jello pudding. Not good with liquids today... all my coffee and only one 20 oz jug of crystal lite.

Phyl, you make me laugh... the sitting on the Wii board to do tha last balance test... Its a candle and flame, if you sit there concentrate and stare at the candle thru all the interuptions it throws at you... then you get to the end... relaxed.. Its really kinda cute.

But I know what you mean about getting down on the floor and sittin on it.. I have trouble with the Downward DOg pose because I have to put my Hands on the Wii board and my wrists don't like all my weight :lol:

Janet; the board backwards:biggrin: that is too funny GF!~ I can only do the 5th level balanceing boards, and PHYL is alrready up to 7 or 8 :lol:

I think my core is getting stronger with the biking... For this ol' gal to keep from falling over on the bike is a riot.. AS long as I am moving and have momentum I am great... but I am sure car drivers kill themselves laughing when I stop at a corner and have to put a foot down for balance... I just about fall over every time! :blushing:

O.K. Gotta go vacuum my house, been procrastinating long enuf.

Good morning ladies, woke up to a cool morning, we are only suppose to be in the 50's, great planting weather for the baby flowers.

BBQ'ed some salmon and shrimp kabobs last night. Sprayed the salmon with olive oil and then sprinkled lemon pepper on it. This was new to me, I always just bake it with lemon, boy BBQ is the way to go, a whole new flavor and texture!!

Dad ended up having a blood transfusion and they took him off diretics. They also increased the speed of his pacemaker. Dad is 6'5", so I think they had his pacemaker too slow for his tall body. I hope that this works, he is so thin, only 180 lbs. Normally all cardiac patience are on diretics, but I think because dad doesn't drink a lot of Water, the diretics were dehydrating him. He still is extremely weak, worse than when he left the hospital. I wonder if mom is making sure that he takes his meds? I know she doesn't make him do his physical therapy. With mom it is all about her. I just want to see some sparkle back in his eyes before he 'goes'. Sorry, just a little maudlin today.

I have an idea for how to honor our weight loss winner this time....Those who lost will have to awknowledge the winner's superiority in our posts for 5 days....Such as: "_______ is the weight loss queen of Round 1 and we bow down to their superior committment and control. We are proud to stand in their decreasing shadow." Just a thought.

Good morning!

Down 1 more pound this morning!!!! Today I am going for an EXTRA LONG hike. Up and around Smith rock and then up to the top of Burma Road and down again. I think it is between 12 and 15 miles, but most of it is uphill so even if it is shorter it should make for some great calorie burnage.

Can't get DH to go with me though. I asked if he would just go and do 1 part of it and he was like "Eh...I don't feel like doing anything physical." Oy...sometimes...oh well. After that I don't know what I am doing. Probably working on curriculum for a bit and then maybe I can convince him to go to a movie or something.

Have a great day!

Good Morning Ladies

First off, I want to congratulate all of you for doing so well with this challenge. I am not doing well at all. Gym membership ran out and they more than doubled the price and they'll only do monthly so I need to get busy and find somewhere to go that is affordable. The gym I went to was twenty minutes away and that is the closest one. I'm still pedaling the exerbike at least 60 minutes a day and I am still trying to talk myself into getting outside and walk.

Phyl - You're not the only one who is two pages behind. I didn't get here yesterday. Besides all the errands I had to run, I just couldn't get off the farm. I'm in the process of moving things around. In fact, if the stupid site wasn't down, I'd be there right now. I think I am more than addicted.

Karla - You are not the only one without a Wii. I don't have one. It sounds good.......but I guess I'm too cheap to put out the money for one. Only have DD at home and she's only here to sleep. DH won't lower himself to play it. And besides, do I really need something else to get myself addicted to? I don't know. I know it would be good for me. I do need to exersize........but after putting out all that money, how long would I use it before it is outdated or I am sick of it? So, unless I find myself a rich relative somewhere or a rich friend (hint hint) to give me one, I'll probably live without one.

OKAY, NEED TO MOVE ON AND GET DRESSED. GOT UP AT FOUR THIS MORNING THINKING ABOUT THAT DARN FARM AND COULDN'T GET BACK TO SLEEP.

TTYL

Just found out that I am going to Canyon Ferry for a math conference with Step!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A whole week of partying...ah math stuff..

Good Morning - Up this morning 4:30 did 30 mintues Wii - with the board turned correctly - I got across the thightrope!!! - did the step - I think it was 30 Minutes - Mopped my bathroom - washed a load of clothes and was out the door at 6:30

- The Bump and Grind Hike

Popular Rancho Mirage trail with wide, well-maintained paths for hiking and mountain biking.

2 miles to the top, 1,000ft. elevation gain.

Trail options include steeper, shorter and more rugged paths at various points on the mountain or a longer and wider path with a gentler slope.

Panoramic views of Palm Springs, Rancho Mirage and Palm Desert.

Don't know actual time cuz we stopped and rested on the top and I had to stop a couple times going up for like less than a minute - It was a very very good workout - 1:45 minute total I think for actual walking time - 1000 ft - elevation -

I was really really proud of myself - Karri this is where we are going on Saturday early if it's hot by then - you can run the sucker - I'm walking !!!

No way would I do a 10 mile hike - this 2 miles was enough for me - maybe when I get more conditioned I would but doing this hike was totally diff than doing the treadmill - I do 15 inclines for like 1 or 2 songs then go back to 6 incline - where as this is a continous incline -

Kari - darling you need an intervention on farming !!! You need to move - get the wii - it's fun to challenge yourself and the more you do the more games that get unlocked -

I haven't gotten on the scale today - maybe after my shower...

Ok - I need to shower and maybe take some tylenol my hips are aching a bit...

CBL