Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am 3 weeks post op. I had a minni bypass due to my sleeve failing.

I can drink ALOT of liquid without any issues at all. I am on the purae stage at the moment and today i was able to eat ALOT of a veggie bake:(. I have also been REALLY hungry today.

I am really worried that the surgery has not worked/wasn't done properly. I know that this surgery is only a tool however its a tool that i need to work.

What is everyone else's restriction like? Do you get hungry?

i am going to go back onto shakes tomorrow as clearly i cannot be trusted with food at the moment:(

I haven't had my surgery yet ( Dec 3rd) so I can't give personal experience....but I have seen the suggestion to return to liquid or previous phases if the step up doesn't seem to be working so I think you are on the right track by returning to shakes. Would also wonder if measuring something according to your plan, then eating that and walking away would help....then you wouldn't have to stress about how much you can/can't eat....just some thoughts!

Measuring what you eat was one of the things my nutritionist stressed most in our meetings. They even had us turn in a three day post-op pureed diet to show that we understood the importance of measuring and our limits. Part of getting a handle on the overeating is setting and accepting limits. I am 5 months post op, and yes, I could probably eat more, but I limit myself to the 4 ounces per meal as prescribed by my doctor, and 2 ounces per snack. I have 3 meals per day, and 3 Snacks. I really don't worry about the calories, I track the Protein, the carbs, and the fats. Limits on those are 60 to 80 grams of protein a day (I stick closer to 60), 100 grams of carbs a day, and no more than 30 grams of fat a day, consuming at least 10 grams of "good" fats at one meal. I use MyFitnessPal to track everything I eat, and log the Water I drink. Do you have a good food scale for weighing out portions? LOL, it's the only scale in my house that gets used on a daily basis. Good Luck!

The difference you feel between pureed and solid is huge. I was a little worried on pureed stage as well. I agree measure your meals and tracking them are very important. Good luck and keep us posted.

I had my MIni Gastric Bypass in Tijuana at the INT Hospital with dr. Ponce de leon on Apr 23rd. I weighed 320 lbs and have lost 126 lbs in the past 8 months. I now run 6 miles every other day, am no longer diabetic, nor have high BP, Cholestrol, GERD, or sleep apnea.

I had only one minor issue and that was a week after I got back to Canada.

One of my centre incisions became infected, or rather a couple of deep stitches did, and it required me to see my doctor daily for six weeks so he could repack wound.

The infection had gone deep and I now have a small hernia below that incision. It doesn't hurt and pops in and out but causes no problem. I'll probably get it tended to when I get a Tummy Tuck.

The MGB is free in Canada but in my province of Saskatchewan the waiting list is 5 years. At 57 years of age I didn't have 5 years to wait so I paid the $12,000 Canadian myself for the flight and surgery. It was the best gift I've ever given myself.

INT is the cleanest hospital I've ever been in anywhere and the staff, nurses, and doctors were top notch. ponce de leon has been doing these surgeries for 18 yrs and knows what he's doing. They had a car waiting at the San Diego airport for me and drive me across the border to INT and then back four days later.

I had my MGB done in belgium 28th november.So far i have lost 2 stone 5lbs so am very impressed. The perree food bit was the most difficult eat Soups and yogurt to i was nearly sick then moved unto smash potatoes. I Am now eating small solid meals and when i say smalll i mean small. If i dont eat slow i dont realise when im full then i feel an awful pain but after that experience a few times i know know when i have had enough.The other strange thing is i never thought much about food before just eat it now im aware of it everywhere i go i count the chip shops as im driving i see all the food adverts on tv things b4 i never noticed so the menttality of food was always in the back of my brain, now it thinks its being deprived its come to the front of my bain but i can control it now better. Of course i have a lot to learn but know what i can eat now nothing greasy or fatty and if i do a tiny bit otherwise i will get diarrohea. My scars have healed up well and feel great so onwards and upwards .Hope u decide soon xx

Chantelle,

I was logging my food on a free app called My Fitness Pal. It's phenomenal, and tends to keep me on the straight and narrow much better than free lancing it.

I'm down 126 lbs in the 8 months since my mini gastric bypass and still dropping lbs despite getting a little to loosie-goosie (it's a Canadian saying I think lol) with my diet. Time to reel it in a tad, and regain control before things start heading in the wrong direction. Logging does that for me.

With winter here, and running outdoors, I found an innovative way to wear sunglasses without the fogging up due to cold weather. Here's my 5k run yesterday in -26c weather :Dpost-217717-14209011150867_thumb.jpg

What are you drinking for liquids? You should be on a liquid such as Gatorade with the necessary electrolytes. Our relationship with food changes after surgery. Head hunger and thirst can be mistaken for belly hunger. First defense is to drink. Nibbling on crackers or pretzels can help the feeling. Also consider an estrogen patch for a short period of time to see if that helps. As we lose weight rapidly in the beginning, we also lose our estrogen stores rapidly which can cause multiple issues both physically and emotionally. Keep us posted on your progress.

Chantelle,

I was logging my food on a free app called My Fitness Pal. It's phenomenal, and tends to keep me on the straight and narrow much better than free lancing it.

I'm down 126 lbs in the 8 months since my mini gastric bypass and still dropping lbs despite getting a little to loosie-goosie (it's a Canadian saying I think lol) with my diet. Time to reel it in a tad, and regain control before things start heading in the wrong direction. Logging does that for me.

With winter here, and running outdoors, I found an innovative way to wear sunglasses without the fogging up due to cold weather. Here's my 5k run yesterday in -26c weather :Dattachicon.gifImageUploadedByBariatricPal1420901113.275943.jpg

HI Brian will definetly download this app and see will it help me too. I know what u mean getting loosie goosie ( like that ) with food. I got mine done on 28th nov 2014 so all still new to me have lost 3 stone 51bs so far so pleased.Well done u thats a fabulous loss and your running and everything now, I can't just go that far yet but i have noticed a great improvement in my mobility so far which i hope will continue. Do u get diarrohea at all or is that just eating too much fat perhaps...oops :) Please keep us posted off your progress xx

i have heard of people keeping a small tupperware container with them and what fits in it, they eat...no more or less....but there is definitely a difference between pureed food and whole food. We all need to be mindful eaters...no distractions...sit and enjoy your meal...make sure you chew good...no liquids while you eat ...protein first then veggies then carbs...proteins really fill you up and some of us cant eat them very well. If you have kids or family...help them with their food or getting something they need out of fridge or an extra napkin...this slows our eating down which is important because most of us eat fast...then while everyone else eats we continue to graze and that gets us in trouble...i eat till im full and then i get myself in trouble with water.... i will drink Water waiting for everyone else to finish and then it soaks in to all those starches in my belly and all of a sudden i am dieing...good luck...by the way...i have never heard that going back in stages helps...

I am 3 weeks post op. I had a minni bypass due to my sleeve failing.

I can drink ALOT of liquid without any issues at all. I am on the purae stage at the moment and today i was able to eat ALOT of a veggie bake:(. I have also been REALLY hungry today.

I am really worried that the surgery has not worked/wasn't done properly. I know that this surgery is only a tool however its a tool that i need to work.

What is everyone else's restriction like? Do you get hungry?

i am going to go back onto shakes tomorrow as clearly i cannot be trusted with food at the moment:(

Do you know, did they revise your sleeve as well? Or just do the bypass portion and leave the sleeve as it was?

i just had the mini gastric bypass and i am on several chats for mgb...also liquids can dump into your intestines without stopping very long in the tummy...they call this dumping syndrome...if it is sugary it can make you real sick because that much sugar for your intestines to absorb at once is hard on your body and makes you very ill...i had this happen once when i had a milk shake and i still have it happen with Protein shakes....liquid is liquid and food is food...you should not worry unless when you eat food...real food ...and can eat a lot then maybe you have a problem....also if you do have a problem, going back in stages is not going to fix problem...problem will still be there and im sure your dr will want to know you can eat a lot of real food so he can address this quickly.