Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December will be 3 years for me... why am I suddenly so dang hungry?

Life is pretty good, work is good, lots of friends and a fun social life, overally I am happy with life and yet I am finding myself eating WAY too much. I am still maintaining under goal, but the pounds are piling up. I don't get it, it is like s switch was flipped and I want to eat all the time. I think i just need to buckle down and get back to a more disciplined approach and then that feeling will likely subside... but for now, I don't like it!

Having the same issue @@CowgirlJane But mine started when I went headlong into a depression episode after I saw my plastic surgeon. i kinda felt like it was all for nothing....now I am over that but having trouble getting back to basics....Dang..This is for life you know. Just when you think you got it a little figured out something hits you from left field...

We got this girl!

OK ladies....we are all in the same boat here, so we need to help each other if we can. RJ's....what happen at the plastic surgeon that depressed you? I'm about to make an appt to see about getting a stomach and pelvic lift.....

I can't say I'm hungry but I am eating way more than I should...luckily I am not gaining because I move so much, but I am on the edge....and I know if I have the stomach lift I should lose 10 lbs first and that I know will be really really hard.

I would like to say this....we must do whatever we can.....5:2, exercise, therapy, whatever it takes....we CANNOT GO BACK THERE!!!!!!! Right now, I am not doing the 5:2 but I do have two days a week where it is a NO WINE NO COOKIE DAY. I know that isn't much, but it's probably 600-800 calories a week that I am not having...and I am still about 1200-1500 calories a day. So maybe start with something small.

I have been struggling with hunger a lot lately too. I wonder if it's just an aspect of this time of year as we are bombarded with yummy food and it gets dark early which makes me want to curl up with hot coco and popcorn in front of the TV. Also I am struggling with a depressive state. My work has fizzled and my Mom is ill with stage 4 lung cancer. I've gained about 7 lbs from my lowest weight and have been fighting to take it off again. I'm trying to keep my perspective about my weight since 7 lbs isn't much on my big body, but it's enough to make my clothes a bit snug. Also I know what a slippery slope it can be and, as God is my witness, I never be that fat again! LOL! I am trying to keep busy by selling my old size 24 Diva dresses on eBay which is both fun and a pain in the butt. But with my Mom's illness hanging over me I don't want to look for another job cuz I feel like I can't make a commitment to anything since I want to be available for her. I am so thankful for my wonderful husband right now. Don't know how I would cope without him.

OK ladies....we are all in the same boat here, so we need to help each other if we can. RJ's....what happen at the plastic surgeon that depressed you? I'm about to make an appt to see about getting a stomach and pelvic lift.....

I can't say I'm hungry but I am eating way more than I should...luckily I am not gaining because I move so much, but I am on the edge....and I know if I have the stomach lift I should lose 10 lbs first and that I know will be really really hard.

I would like to say this....we must do whatever we can.....5:2, exercise, therapy, whatever it takes....we CANNOT GO BACK THERE!!!!!!! Right now, I am not doing the 5:2 but I do have two days a week where it is a NO WINE NO COOKIE DAY. I know that isn't much, but it's probably 600-800 calories a week that I am not having...and I am still about 1200-1500 calories a day. So maybe start with something small.

I did start a thread about my experience with plastics. he was more concerned about money then what was best for me. He also treated me in such a way that I felt like dirt. So I left there and things have been difficult since. I was approved by the way..But only for minimal care. I hardly left his office and broke down and sobbed. I have an appointment with another one in Jan. I will see where that leads me!

But I have not felt good since that day.....

I have been struggling with hunger a lot lately too. I wonder if it's just an aspect of this time of year as we are bombarded with yummy food and it gets dark early which makes me want to curl up with hot coco and popcorn in front of the TV. Also I am struggling with a depressive state. My work has fizzled and my Mom is ill with stage 4 lung cancer. I've gained about 7 lbs from my lowest weight and have been fighting to take it off again. I'm trying to keep my perspective about my weight since 7 lbs isn't much on my big body, but it's enough to make my clothes a bit snug. Also I know what a slippery slope it can be and, as God is my witness, I never be that fat again! LOL! I am trying to keep busy by selling my old size 24 Diva dresses on eBay which is both fun and a pain in the butt. But with my Mom's illness hanging over me I don't want to look for another job cuz I feel like I can't make a commitment to anything since I want to be available for her. I am so thankful for my wonderful husband right now. Don't know how I would cope without him.

I am so sorry for your situation. I am here if you need someone to talk to ..Just PM me okay! :)

I hear you ladies. I gained 7 pounds during my moms illness, and after my mom passed a few months ago. It was as easy as falling off a log! Eating out, eating for comfort... social eating with family, not having the strength to "deprive" myself in one more way... Now I still have the calories from all that food with me... sitting on my waist! The pants are snug.... do not like that. One day at a time around here. 5:2 fasting days back in place... "feasting days" still a little iffy. I think we can do this ladies... one day.... or hour at a time.

RJ, I know our experiences are not the same, but my first plastic surgeon consult was emotionally devastating. I felt... so awful. He pointed out flaws I didn't know I had. He was trying to set realistic expectations but it left me feeling defeated, ugly, and that I would never be able to look "normal". I also believed I could never afford it, the hours in surgery and recovery thoughts terrorized me.

In hindsight, and I believe 4 more consults later, I realize he was actually being very open, honest, clear and all sorts of good things. My emotional state however was pretty bad for awhile. I think some of that is because I did my first consult right when I hit goal and I still felt very fat... I still had "fathead" big time. Excess skin also looks a great deal like fat, so that didn't help either! I was emotionally vulnerable about my looks and so some guy pulling my skin around and telling me my boobs were uneven was just more than i could deal with...

When I finally had my surgery, the consult was done by email. When i actually arrived in Monterrey Mexico to Dr Sauceda he does the "final" consult and mark up. My friend was devasted by it. She thought he was so mean, said horrible things, was discouraging and all that. She had a very similar reaction that i did to my first consult.... but of course I saw things differently by then. Dr Sauceda is a very kind and gentle man but he also didn't want to over promise (he typically does the opposite, under promises so his patients are generally pleasantly surprised at results!)

Anyway, I still don't know why I have such a high drive to eat right now. My leading theory is the carb train has left the station and has been gaining steam! I have been eating both healthy carbs (fruit, whole grains)... and not so healthy (wine, chocolate) - but in total just too many!!!

Chelenka, I am sorry you are going through so much. 7 pounds isn't bad, very fixable and you know what... it is what "normal" people deal with all the time!

An ill parent is very sad. i feel sometimes like I have had a lifetime of losses already...

Thank you @@CowgirlJane I am slowly working myself back up to I don't care what one person think if he can do his job and do it well.

I am fighting 10 lbs. It does not want to go....I lost it when I was 2 weeks in the hospital and it came back on hard and fast....My hubby says I am nuts to worry! oops....

He's so sweet! :)

Thank you all for the kindness. RJ -- i think a plastic surgeon is probably looking at you and thinking in a technical way about how they can do the job. The thing is, as CGJ says, to not take this personally. That would be very difficult since it's your body and you've been through so much. I'm in awe of your courage! I don't think I could get myself to undergo plastic surgery even if I had the money. But I'm a big surgery phobe. Not sure how I got myself to have the VSG! LOL!

I think stress triggers me to want to eat. I find exercises helps, especially walking and yoga. I'm loving yoga which I feel like is saving my life in a way. Only thing is I think it's built up my upper back and shoulders which is changing how my clothes fit.

I find it ironic how I stress over a few lbs now. I also feel so fat! What's up with that? While technically I am still overweight I'm a shadow of my former shadow, as one friend told me. I catch myself being very negative about certain aspects of my body rather than grateful for my wellbeing and my transformation. My body has carried me for 55 years and that is a beautiful thing!

Lots of love and light to all you beautiful ladies. We'll keep it together, together!

I am planning a trip to Hawaii. I am gonna see if I can't leverage that into some motivation!

OK CowgirlJane or anyone of my BP buddies....if you want to go to Hawaii...talk to me! I lived there for 10 years and still own property there; one is a fabulous vacation rental on Maui....if you want to go to Maui, I will give you a very good deal.....(we have owned this for many years and run very very full so I'm not just trying to fill it up, I truly will give you an incredible rate if Maui is where you want to be). Just let me know but give me some advanced notice because it really does run pretty full. You can see it here: www.makai-vista.com

Aloha!

Queen of Crop

I am waiting for him to find out when he get time off work, but we want to go pretty soon... likely December. We are trying to decide between big island and Maui. We are active, hikers, snorkeling, sightseeing, nightlife etc less of laying on the beach types (I burn easily!)

Looks like your unit is completely booked for a few months out so probably wouldn't work, but thank you! I will definately keep in mind for the future.

Hi all,

I'm hungry too. I put on eight lbs over the summer and it's not gone yet. I wanted to lose it before halloween, but just haven't buckled down and done what needs to be done. It concerns me because now my pants are tight and I have no wiggle room for Christmas holidays.

My husband thinks I look better, but I don't so I'm working towards getting back to goal. It's my Christmas present to myself. Was supposed to be my birthday present too. At least I've stopped gaining. Go away yummy lemon drop martini. Get out extra crackers between meals. Ugh.

l