Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Christmas Gastric Sleeve Surgery Booked - December 21st! Anyone else in December?

There is a Facebook page for December Sleevers. Called December Sleevers.

Yes, there is a group December Sleever, I've joined.

It seems they are all, the members, are in Aussie or Europe areas....

They are paying for their surgeries outright or going to Mexico. I'm sort of lost in their group.

Information seems a bit off from what I'm receiving at my surgeon's office as well as the nutritionist.

December 11th for me! Two weeks after Thanksgiving and two weeks before Christmas. I dont know how that happened but I'm considering myself lucky! Getting sleeved in Lexington Ky.

Congrats. Good luck

Hi! I am north of Seattle, Washington and am going to get sleeved on December 4th!

Hi! I am north of Seattle, Washington and am going to get sleeved on December 4th!

Good luck!!!!

Greeneyes - I sent you a private message with my information on it, to be added to the Facebook group.

I haven't been feeling well the past few days... back hurts, tired, thought i was fighting something, but woke up

today with what I thought was an UTI, went to a doc center, I do have a PCP but she couldn't see me until tomorrow.

I went to the doc center, told him, he did a urine, turns out glucose was off the charts in my urine, he did a finger stick and my sugar was about 240. Believe me I'm not too thrilled.. I knew this day would come - he gave me some diabetic medicine that I have to start talking - I am hoping that at the end of this journey I won't need this medicine or the other 2 i'm one - anxiety and GERD :).

I know my PCP said my A1c was up last time but i guess it's been up a while longer than she thought.

I guess I'll be talking ot her about diabetes tomorrow...

December 22nd for me in Raleigh, NC

Edited by peacie

Hi there Jess,

My surgery is Dec. 15th. Would love support from others who are at the same stage. I think that will help some and of course advice from those that have been down the road ahead of us. I'm also female, weight in at 247...can't believe I'd ever hit that high number and I can't wait to see the scale numbers go down and to feel better.

I figured my deductible and out of pocket cost have almost been met so why not do it now. My husband will be off for the holidays and I get the chance to have 4 weeks off work to recover and get myself together. Hoping to feel well enough not to stress over the holidays and I can't even think of anything I'd even miss eating right now.

Good luck!

Chris.

Omg! My date is Dec 22nd and I am getting my surgery at IU North Hospital in Indiana.

I am having my preop testing on Dec 1st...have any dec sleevers in the US gone thru preop testing? My doc says I dont need to go thru the swallow test where they look inside my stomach. Also she says doing the leek test i.e injecting the blue liquid during the surgery to check for leaks is not effective foe sleeve, so she just does extra sutures where the staples cross and at the top....should U be concerned? Can someone please share what your doctor has told you regarding preop test and surgery leek test?

My pre-op tests where chest xray, EKG, and labs. Easy peasy lemon squeezy.

My doc says that after surgery while his patients are still asleep from anesthesia he does a scope to check out everything on the inside. and then the day after he does do the leak test. We have to drink nasty stuff and then they track it going down somehow, but I'll be totally conscious.

Hi there Jess,

My surgery is Dec. 15th. Would love support from others who are at the same stage. I think that will help some and of course advice from those that have been down the road ahead of us. I'm also female, weight in at 247...can't believe I'd ever hit that high number and I can't wait to see the scale numbers go down and to feel better.

I figured my deductible and out of pocket cost have almost been met so why not do it now. My husband will be off for the holidays and I get the chance to have 4 weeks off work to recover and get myself together. Hoping to feel well enough not to stress over the holidays and I can't even think of anything I'd even miss eating right now.

Good luck!

Chris.

Good luck Chris! Mine is only 6 days after yours :) You have support from me and our stats are similar! please feel free to message me anytime :)

At least you have 4 weeks to recover, that is a nice amount of time. I have 2 weeks so I hope that will be enough!

I am more worried about the surgery itself rather than the post op way of life....but I am sure it will all go fine. Xxx

Has anyone actually started their pre-op diet yet? If so, please tell us all about it, what you're eating/drinking and how you're feeling?

Also does anyone watch Youtube channels of people who have been sleeved. I watch all of them, but have recently found Leah's VSG Channel, which is one of my favourites. She went from 226 I think to 125-130, which is my goal too so shes super inspirational and talks about ALL of the good and bad things we may have to face. Anyone else watch her?

Good luck to all! :)

X

My pre-op tests where chest xray, EKG, and labs. Easy peasy lemon squeezy.

My doc says that after surgery while his patients are still asleep from anesthesia he does a scope to check out everything on the inside. and then the day after he does do the leak test. We have to drink nasty stuff and then they track it going down somehow, but I'll be totally conscious.

Wow, thats all?

Oh, sorry, pre-op tests, I didn't have those yet --- I've had 25 other tests though LMAO!

Good luck Chris! Mine is only 6 days after yours :) You have support from me and our stats are similar! please feel free to message me anytime :)

At least you have 4 weeks to recover, that is a nice amount of time. I have 2 weeks so I hope that will be enough!

I am more worried about the surgery itself rather than the post op way of life....but I am sure it will all go fine. Xxx

I agree, I'm more worried now about surgery.. I was fine up till they set the date, now i'm a worry-wart!

Hey tenzinblue , I have done the liquids a few days a week just for myself, I don't want to go cold turkey at the last minute, so to speak. I have known from the beginning that the weeks( not just days) would be hard for me, I'm working up to it O guess,

And thank you best of luck to you also