Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Favorite foods post op?

I make a large pot of chili that the dog and I share all week once a month. I use ground round, black Beans, jalapeños and top it with a slice of pepper jack cheese plus all the other ingred. She gets what I can't eat in her dish. I call her my "hot dog" because she likes my very spicy chili.

I tried a half a slice of toast last night and I was in pain for 2 hours. I won't be doing that again for a while.

Three months out and tried a few Cheez-Its (about 1/2 oz) and stomach was NOT happy. So no more of those. I stay away from bread.

For the pizza lovers in the house, have any of you tried making pizza with cauliflower crust? A friend of mine who is a vegatarian made it for me just before I had my surgery, and it was yummy!!!! Look up recipes for it, and give it a try. The Protein count for it with the cheeses and maybe some chicken is pretty high. From the things I've been reading, there really isn't too many foods you can't find some sort of a suitable substitute for. I'm going to consider it a personal challenge to sample and try all kinds of new stuff once I can eat solid food again. In fact I'm looking forward to it.

I LOVE eggs now. Or I should as AN egg, with a slice of american cheese on it.

Roterisserie chicken, home made Soups with lots meat, or chili.

Immediately post op I made a lot of stuff off theworldaccordingtoeggface.com. Great resource for all diet stages.

Also, I was not a sandwich person pre-op, but since I've found P28 Protein bread, sandwiches are part of my life! I live alone, so on the occasion I haven't been to the store, (which seems like often, lol), I'll throw together a 1/2 grilled cheese with P28 bread. Gives me my comfort food fix, as well as my protein, (14g per slice plus whatever's in the cheese). It's filling so I haven't tried it with meat. Might need just 1/2 slice! I can't get it locally so I order off their web site. It freezes well.

My new love... Ricotta cheese Cake in muffins size. They are Fat free, sugar free and 9 grams of Protein per muffin. Made with only Fat Free Ricotta cheese, Organic Stevia, eggs and vanilla.

They are a perfect snack!! Yummy

post-232944-14147545230137_thumb.jpg

I make 6 servings in a muffin pan and used My Fitness Pal to break out the recipe ????

post-232944-14147546662775_thumb.jpg

attachicon.gif ImageUploadedByBariatricPal1414754522.019968.jpg

I make 6 servings in a muffin pan and used My Fitness Pal to break out the recipe ????

attachicon.gif ImageUploadedByBariatricPal1414754665.147818.jpg

I also used Fat Free Ricotta????????

@@BellaLuce4

Where can I find the recipe?

It's early so u I uploaded before modifications ... lol sorry

I use Fat Free Ricotta cheese and 4 Organic Stevia pkts. I spray Pam in Paper cup cake holders. Depending on your oven, you might want cook a bit longer , until tops are light brown.

Wrap individually after cooled and refrigerate. Yummmy and healthy snack? ??? Enjoy!

There's also another good ricotta dessert. This one is served cold but it's super good and easy!

vanilla Ricotta Creme

1/2 Cup Part Skim Ricotta

1/4 Tsp Vanilla Extract

1 Packet Truvia or Stevia

Mix it together, put in Frig to let it cool and eat when it's chilled.

I just made it and put in the frig and I'm going to have that for dessert tonight.

10 grams of Protein for dessert? I think so!

My Dr. here in Texas told me no breads, pastas, etc. He said that I would not feel well after having these types of high carb foods (potentially vomit) and that I would slow my fat burning metabolism. And I certainly am not interested in slowing down and feeling bad!

Just another perspective...

My Dr. here in Texas told me no breads, pastas, etc. He said that I would not feel well after having these types of high carb foods (potentially vomit) and that I would slow my fat burning metabolism. And I certainly am not interested in slowing down and feeling bad!

Just another perspective...

My doctor prescribed bread restrictions such as staying away from Gummy, chewy breads and pastas. I don't eat Pasta anymore so thats easy. I do eat low-carb tortillas and baked pita chips. These kinds of breadstuffs agree with me very well. Also, the amount I eat helps boost fat burning.

At almost 4 mos out, I have tasted a couple of simple-carbs but I have found I've lost my appetite for such things. No intention on getting it back either.

Nuts and cheese and those definitely were not my faves before! It was red meat and sugar!