Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Jeans or a dress?

I love wearing dresses, i find them comfy, easy to wear etc. I often wear them when i go into the office. I can wear heels and my calves are toned so look not bad for a middle aged lady!

I generally wear skinny jeans and a "top" when i go out because that seems like a more normal, typical way of dressing at least where i live.

Recently read dating advice that women should wear a dress on early dates, look feminine, show off legs etc. It is all part of that initial visual attraction. Not so much to look crazy sexy, but rather to emphasize the feminine and so forth.

I am very curious other's perspective and experience on this. i have a "going dancing" date on Friday night and i would love to wear a dress, but was planning on my jeans since that just seems more "appropriate" - like a dress seems like its trying to hard or something. thoughts? Maybe I am kind of interested in this guy that i am thinking about it! :)

Girl, wear a dress or skirt that will show your legs! Not a hoochie dress, but one that hits at or just above your knee, and a top that shows a little cleavage. Not a lot; just a hint. Classy. Sexy. Feminine. Approachable.

Walk in. Smile. Head up. Eye contact. And when you cross your legs--'cuz you can do that now!!--those legs, calves and your knee will show. Hot stuff. Go for it...in a dress or skirt.

i don't wear low cut tops... and all my skirts are just a couple of inches about the knee... any longer and I look frumpy, any shorter and it looks like i am trying to dress like a teen. My favorite "going out dress" has a very fitted bodice but is actually high necked and sleeveless. It shows off your figure, in a fairly "covered up" way. The main thing is I feel like it is the "trying to hard" thing... Personally, I think we should dress up and look fabulous all the time..haha!

I don't know, but I kinda like your "after" picture in skinny jeans, high heels to arch your back and stick out your booty, and a fitted jacket to emphasize the girls. I hope I look that good when I get closer to goal.

i think you should wear whichever one makes you feel more comfortable dancing. if you're not comfortable, it will show. that said, if they're both equally comfy, i'd go with the dress. it's not "trying too hard" to just TRY! :) no reason not to put what you think is your best foot forward, regardless of what you want the outcome to be.

Years ago, my favorite song to exercise to was "She's a Bad Mama Jama," (even though I didn't then own the words for myself).

Now, from the song "Blurred Lines," I love/embrace the words when they say, "You're the hottest bitch in this place!" and "...swag on, even when casual; it's almost unbearable." [A great NSV since surgery is being able to just grab and go when it comes to clothes, so it's easy to do that now].

I agree with jessi...wearing a dress isn't 'trying too hard.' A dress/skit is a normal feminine thing to do...and with less fat, better curves, hey! But do what you'll feel works for you and you won't be self-conscious. If you don't usually wear dresses/skirts (maybe because of the then-weight), it might feel unusual; but I say go for it: a dress and heels.

Maybe put on a dress and heels, play some music with a good beat, and dance around your house to see how you feel. In any case, have a good one; and have fun.

I say wear whatever you're most comfortable in. You're going to look good either way. If you want to wear a dress, go for it! Depending on the type of dancing, you can dress down the dress with lower heels or flats, or dress up the jeans with heels and jewelry.

Sounds like a good excuse to shop for a great dancing dress! Back in my previous life my favorite dancing shoes were flat boots. Have a great time!

I loveeeeeee to get dressed up. If its a tendy kind of place, then rock the dress. Show off. Its not trying to hard, its who you are! if its like my fave little whole in the wall bar, then Jeans/Leggings are fine. I like to make a good impression when I go out so I wear whatever I feel the sexiest in!

I love wearing dresses, i find them comfy, easy to wear etc. I often wear them when i go into the office. I can wear heels and my calves are toned so look not bad for a middle aged lady!

<snip>

I am very curious other's perspective and experience on this. i have a "going dancing" date on Friday night and i would love to wear a dress, but was planning on my jeans since that just seems more "appropriate" - like a dress seems like its trying to hard or something. thoughts? Maybe I am kind of interested in this guy that i am thinking about it! :)

I vote dress. Especially because you do find them comfy.

Dress 100%. Dancing + Dress go together perfectly!!!!!!

I also agree that a splash of femininity is really appealing in the early stages. Have a wonderful time! :)

I met this guy 2 weeks ago in a strip mall/grocery store parking lot. He had his boat on a trailer... I had my horse IN a trailer. I was wearing jeans, boots, and had helmet hair after my ride. He was in shorts and a t shirt. We have talked alot since, but haven't met up since. I really want to show off my girly girl side, but, the little town we are going to - the dance places range from a fun saloon down to a biker bar..ha. I loved all your comments, still thinking...

So, I am not getting hopes up but I admit I am really interested in this guy. :) A little part of me thinks it doesn't matter if i am dressed way wrong for the setting, I wanna get his attention and show off the womanly side of me.

I say, go for it. Wear the dress. Experiment. Find out what happens. :)

We aren't talking a ball gown right? Then wear the dress you want! I believe you should dress to make yourself happy. If you feel good in your dress, then you will look good. Do you have a nicer jean jacket or something you could bring along, just in case? Then you'll have both jeans and dress. ;)

Well date was fun! dinner and talk then dancing. I wound up in skinny jeans because I just decided that it fit the setting better and rain was forecast ,(though it was dry) and we planned to walk from place to place. We didn't like the band at the blues place so mostly were at a dive bar that had a heavy metal cover band..loud! I was better dressed than 98 percent even in my jeans so it was a good call.

We hit it off but I realized that part of it is that he reminds me of someone I still carry a little flame for. :)

Anyway, good start!

I am in the mindset to not "miss" opportunities if someone appeals to me and is expressing interest. That was the big deal for me - how to meet people more "organically" and have it actually lead to a date or social event. I am pleased how this turned out so I feel like that is the better path for me over online dating.