Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was reading over my boylove post and it I became curious about bandsters and abortion.

I am PRO abortion

but

I don't like abortion .

I would never have (I don't think) an abortion.

I feel like the person who has one, has to live with it FOREVER, so they should be able to decide for themselves.

just my opinion

edie

I have had an abortion and never regretted it for one moment. I was too immature to have a baby and the father ran out on me. I never answered my letters or calls. He didn't care. So I was left with the fetus. I hadn't even graduated from college at the time. I had no other choice because I knew that I couldn't give a baby a decent life. I didn't have decent life for myself at that time.

In my opinion, other people can just butt out about abortion. It's a choice the mother makes, and I don't think others should, or could, possibly make that choice for the mother. However, if people insist on stopping abortion, I recommend that pro-lifers pay for the mother to have the baby as a surrogate mother. The going rate for surrogate mothers is too little. I recommend at least $500,000. Then pro-lifers should adopt the baby, and raise it since it is their responsibility. No child should be sent to an orphanage. This should only apply to women who didn't mean to get pregnant. If they did want to get pregnant, they should raise the kid. Above all, no male should have any opinion on this. When man can have babies, they can have a say. Until that time, they should butt out because all they contribute is sperm. They don't go through months of bodily discombobulation, and they don't have to take care of the baby once it is born. I get a little irate about people trying to decide what one should with one's own body. It's your body! Screw them! Make pro-lifers pay and adopt.

I've never been in a position where I had to choose for myself, but I don't believe it's my choice to tell anyone else what they should or should not do.

I do however have an opinion on the idea that there are some women out there having abortions as a form of birth control (ie, 2, 3, 4 abortions). I think these women should sterilized, or have some semi permanant form of BC, like an IUD, installed. I also think that anyone under 18 shouldn't have one without their parents knowing about it. My sister couldn't get a cavity filled without my mom's signature, but at least in some places, teens can get abortions without it...

I had an abortion when I was in my early 30s. I have never wanted children and so had been meticulous about birth control. I would have had my tubes tied but no doctor would agree to do the operation. The abortion was a result of birth control failure and I arranged for this as soon as I found out that I was pregnant.

I am pro choice, but I think the choice should be made before you sleep with someone. Anytime sex is involved, pregnancy can be an outcome, no birth control is 100%. Abortion should not be used as birth control. And as for no man should have a say so, while the mother carried the baby, the baby is genetically half of the man's, so why should he not have a say in the matter if he is the father. That is crap! Clearly I am pro-life (but not for religious reasons) Any one who has seen an ultra-sounds, even with a very young fetus and say its not a life is crazy. All due respect to you BOH ( my fellow NSU buddy) but I have to disagree. Just my 2 cents.

I also am ProChoice.

I'm not sure that I would have an abortion, but I also would like to have the choice if needed. I had my daughter when I was 19.. but we managed to make it on our own. Not sure how... but we did. Abortion wasnt even an option in my mind then...

I had my bloodwork drawn yesterday for preop.. I called the lab (where I used to work) to get a verbal result..it was negative.. (btw... normally they are forbidden to give verbal results to patients...).. I was hoping I was not pregnant. As directed by my Dr I stopped my BCP a month ago and we have faithfully used condoms..but accidents DO happen. We have already talked it over...and with me staying at home, getting married in 6 months and having this surgery...without a doubt we would abort...if I could actually go thru with it. Yes, it would be hard, and we would have to live with it the rest of our lives...but it would be the right decision.

I do think that there are some women who don't bother getting the morning after pill and then they don't want to be pregnant for nine months and then give the baby up, so they abort. But I think those women are probably the minority of abortion users. I think it should be legal. Who is to say until they are in that situation? I know that women would have them anyway even if it were illegal and that that would be dangerous and people would probably die. Even as a married woman I can't say theres no way I would never have one. What if I found out my baby had tay sachs or something like that early on in my pregnancy? Or doctors told me I should abort for a variety of good reasons?

I too and Pro-choice. I am not sure if I could personally have an abortion but I am glad that the option is there if I needed it. I cannot stand the people that sit outside placed like plan parenthood and yell at the women going into the building. If a women takes the responsibility and does abort a pregnancy because she feels she can not support and take care of a child right now I think that is alright, however it should not be used as birth control. There are so many children born to women that are abused and mistreated, because they were not wanted. When these children are molested or even beaten to death people always say why didn't anybody help. I feel that this is a womens choice. It is also a womens choice to have herself sterilized if she choses so. People can always point the finger at someone else and judge them when they truthfully need to look at themselves in a mirror and judge the reflection. I also feel that the men should have a say so. If they are willing and want to take responsiblity for the child then they should be given the choice. I know, people are going to say it is my body and I am not going to carry the pregnancy and give it to him. It was a joint decison to have intercourse and we all now how a baby is made and if you are willing to have sex you are willing to take the chance of becoming pregnant. If you are truly going to have an abortion for the "right reasons" and not birth control or convienence then you should be willing to terminate your rights as the mother and give the child to the biological father for he too is a part of this so called life.

I am pro-choice as well..however I do beleive that people under 18 should be allowed to have them. I know so many people who if their parents found out would kick them out/beat them...and so on. Which to me is just as terrible as bringing a child into this world when one is not ready. I do not think it should be used as a form of BC but it is there for a reason. The reaosn they made it ok for teens to secretly get abortions was exactly because of that...what soem parents would do...it would really put their children in danger.

Thirty years ago, we didn't have the morning after pill. If we had, I'd have taken it. We also didn't have birth control pills. I hate to tell you how many of my college friends got pregnant. One got pregnant without even actually having penetration. Those little sperm can swim! The men, of course, claimed that wearing a condom was like wearing a raincoat in the shower. They didn't suffer the consequences though.

One thing I should mention. If people are having abortions as birth control, they have to have their brains in their butts. An abortion is not pleasant. It's painful and one has problems afterward. I don't think anyone in her right mind would have an abortion as birth control since pills are so readily available. I think this must be a myth, though some stupid people might do this. It's far too expensive to use as birth control. But then some pharmacists will not fill birth control prescriptions due to religious scruples. That really peeves me. I think those pharmacists should be fired that day. They are there to fill prescriptions, not force their own ideas on the customers.

But we must remember Margaret Sanger's crusade for birth control. She found so many poor women were having baby after baby, despite the health concerns, because the men insisted on having sex. Many, many women died because of this. We should remember that pregnancy is dangerous and not something to be undertaken lightly. Luckily, we have a much better medical system, but women still die in childbirth. Just a thought.

One thing I should mention. If people are having abortions as birth control, they have to have their brains in their butts. An abortion is not pleasant. It's painful and one has problems afterward. I don't think anyone in her right mind would have an abortion as birth control since pills are so readily available. I think this must be a myth, though some stupid people might do this. It's far too expensive to use as birth control. But then some pharmacists will not fill birth control prescriptions due to religious scruples. That really peeves me. I think those pharmacists should be fired that day. They are there to fill prescriptions, not force their own ideas on the customers.

But we must remember Margaret Sanger's crusade for birth control. She found so many poor women were having baby after baby, despite the health concerns, because the men insisted on having sex. Many, many women died because of this. We should remember that pregnancy is dangerous and not something to be undertaken lightly. Luckily, we have a much better medical system, but women still die in childbirth. Just a thought.

I know a girl who has had 5 abortions and still does not use any type of birth control. DOn't tell me that is a myth. As for the expense, her health insurance covers it I assume because it would be cheaper for them to fork over the $300 instead of forking over thousands for childbirth.

As for people picketing, I cannot stand that. I been in a clinic before with a very close friend of mine who had gotten pregnant while having an IUD as her birth control. She was very troubled by the decision but knew for the sake of her other child that she had to do it. Her and her husband did not have much money and there was no way she could afford another child. I have seen what she went through and seen the faces of those inside pained by the decision they had to make. The last thing that a woman needs when already being troubled by that kind of decision is to have someone screaming at her how she is a baby murderer and going to hell.

Let me start by saying . I am Pro choice up to a certain number of weeks.

Right now a baby can be aborted at 26 weeks along and a child at 23 weeks can be saved in the NICU.

So if the baby can survive outside of the mother WHY can the mother make a decision. If a women wants to make decisions .. great .... I'm totally with that.......but not when the baby is completed formed....

I am not talking about those babies that are deformed or have a horrible defeat that would lead to death within a short period of time after birth.

Just my opinion...

Debby...

Yes, I feel the same way about the gestation age....

There was a girl I went to school with who had 4 abortions....all with her long term boyfriend.. She was a smart, straight A student all her life.... I thought she was a smart girl... the kind of person I wanted to be (I really didnt do so well in high school...) but after learning about the abortions... I surely had a way different opinion of her. I was responsible enough to go to planned parenthood and get on BCP and have a yearly exam... no reason why others couldnt.