Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any One Up For an Exercise Challenge?

Now that all of you are back from the Vegas Bash, and the rest of us Pity Party goers are up off the couch - is anybody willing or interested in participating in an exercise challenge?

I'm not thinking anything drastic - just more than what we're already doing. I think the goal should be for a 'heart healthy' 30 minutes of activity a day, at least 3 days a week. Anything more is a bonus and worth an extra woo-hoo from the group!

Anything counts - weights (Darcy), walking, bike riding (Marie), playing tag with the kids (all the Moms out there), dancing your a** off (Leatha and Lisa).

I know Penni wants to do a 5K here soon, and this would be a way we could all get going with our exercise.

I would love to hear suggestions, comments, any type of feedback.

Do I have any takers?

I might join ya later on this, but my surgery is next Monday, and I don't think I will be riding the Harley for a while after that:D :D

I will be doing some walking though. We'll see! Thanks for thinking abut me:D

Is the pity party over? I'm still on my couch. :D I need to do an exercise challenge. But...wah...I don't want to..... All right, I'm over it. :)

I'll make you the same deal I made my hubby -- minute for minute. I still owe him 40 minutes on the exercise bike, so I better get him paid off first. :(

Hey You know I love a challenge. I walk at least 2.5 miles every day so yeah I am in.

Where's Delarla??

Count me in. I bought a pedometer yesterday & have walked 8,529 steps today. . . my goal is 10,000 steps at least three days a week.

Walking is my main exercise; I'm going a little farther and a little faster these past few weeks. It's not only good for me -- the chunky dog is looking a little sleeker too, and loves spending more time outside during the height of squirrel season.

In a burst of enthusiasm I bought two five-pound weights at Target. I know, I know, that's a wimpy size, but I have back trouble -- that's my story and I'm sticking to it. I dragged those weights into the house last night, then I realized that I was dragging double that before I was banded. This lesson was underlined when I tried to lift a 20-lb. bag of dog food -- and to think I was carrying that 24 hours a day. Just think of the bags of dog food all of us have lost since banding -- enough to fill a PetSmart!

Maybe we need a bandster Olympics for all you budding athletes! My event of choice is a sweaty game of Scrabble.

Yeah I'm in too..my exercise is non existent these days so I need a kick in the ass from all of you to get my butt movin' again. I will challenge myself to ride the stationary bike 2 miles a day 3x's a week it's better then nothing huh? I'm hopeful this challenge will work as well for me as the weekly scale challenge has...who knows I may feel inclined to do more like walk my son home from school everyday

This is cool - I'm glad there are so many of you interested.

I started back exercising today. I'm going slow, taking it easy, 3.5 miles on the treadmill at an easy incline. I plan to go back to the gym again tomorrow. I like to watch all the different TV's while I'm sweating!

I'll post and let everyone know if I really got out of bed or not.

Thanks for joining me in this challenge.

Sounds like fun! I'm in...or at least i'll try to be...i'm only 3 weeks out so i can't do the weights thing but i'm up for some walking in the woods and around the yard and on the treadmill!! Did i mention i'm a college student and have to HAUL myself around that campus...jeezzz i should get SOME credit for that :) LOL....I'm not up to 3.5 miles yet but I'll get there live2canoe! BTW, how long does it usually take u to do the 3.5 miles?? It would probably take me all day! Ok so I'm in.....when are we starting? Today?? I walked in the woods for an hour today...woo hoo that's Monday down!! :D

love you guys!

Katie

I'm in... walking, and I'll add the exercise bike and treadmill. They need dusted off anyway...

I'm starting tomorrow, I'll consider friday and saturday night extra credit cuz I run my butt off at work. I used to wear a pedometer at work and always exceeded 10k steps. Might have been what kept me from creeping even higher on the scale. Thanks for the motivation, I needed it.

I don't know who created this site, but god I love that person! :banana

I just bought me one of those fine tread mills (a month ago) I've been afraid theat it has become the most expensive cloths hanger I've ever bought!

I'm in for walking, I need accountability.

Originally posted by Zoe

In a burst of enthusiasm I bought two five-pound weights at Target. I know, I know, that's a wimpy size, but I have back trouble -- that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Zoe, when I first started walking, I bought some 2-pound wrist weights. I was surprised how heavy they were after walking for a while! (So I was wimpier than you!) But I liked that they left my hands free. (They're like a gel-type substance, soft.) I can even use them when I bike, vacuum the house, etc. I've been looking for a second set, to increase the weight amount now.:)

Maybe we need a bandster Olympics for all you budding athletes! My event of choice is a sweaty game of Scrabble

Too funny!! But I prefer Trivial Pursuit!

Katie - it took me an hour to do 3.5 miles. I was not exactly burning up the treadmill! Get a pedomoeter like Zoe - I'll bet you walk more than you think!

Exercise is the one part of my life I have kind of under control. I like to go to the gym. The rest of my life is a wreck - but I do get a workout in 5 days a week.

Today was my first day back on the ellipitical trainer in over a month. That thing kicks my a**. I went for 45 minutes and did 3.5 miles. WooHoo I made it.

I'm going to try some light weights (upper body) tomorrow. Still not ready for any abs!

What's everyone else up to today?? Time to check in.