Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any One Up For an Exercise Challenge?

Curves this AM and PM. Weigh-in is coming up shortly. No weight lost-I eat too much at night and I DONT DRINK MY WATER!!!! Why is it that we do the things we know we shouldn't and we don't do the things we should? Is there a "Drinking Water thread?" I could sure use some encouraging in that area.

I got up and did a double walk this morning plus a little upper body then rode my motorcycle to work for an extra boost of adrenaline. And I'm great about drinking Water during the day, but I don't drink any thing at night because I hate having to get up and pee! I don't think it matters whether we drink it during the day or night, does it? Lauri, try adding a few splashes of cranberry juice to your water. Makes it look pretty and gives it just a hint of flavor to make it go down easier.

You are a brave girl, Marie. You actually went to the dentist. That counts for courage in my book. :D

I walked for 30 on the treadmill. And checked out another workout place. Boy, if you could just have good intentions, I'd be one skinny woman!

Thanks for the cranberry idea! That does sound good.

Marie-I have not been to an American Dentist in 10 years! I went to my grandparents dentist in Mexico to have my teeth cleaned about two years ago-He said my teeth didn't need to be cleaned and sent me out the door! (I don't know if it was because they were really clean or because I was already tearing up!;-) ) I am a compulsive "teeth brusher" because I am soooo afraid to get a cavity! I am fortunate because my parents both had alot of dental issues and so they had my adult teeth sealed when they can in. I dread the day when I need dental work!

Oops Hi-Jack! Well, I am trying to talk DH into going to the Zoo. If not, I am going to work out at curves.

Well, I finally did it, got my Harley out and took her for a spin today. Oh, it felt so good to cruize down the road again. :D:D It also gave me lots of exercise, especially in my arms, which hasn't really had a lot. It was so strange though, as since I have lost weight, my seat fits me totally different, and that was such a good feeling! :laugh

I think I will be able to make my coat fit for the rest of this year, it was snug on me to start with, now it is loose, the sleeves are too long, but when I put my arms up it works fine. I am happy about that!

Been doing weight training sessions to learn the basics and can recommend a few books which you can get at half.com or a book store outlet for pretty reasonable. They are: Strength Training for Beginners (which shows simple ones you can do at home), Idiot's Guide to Weight Training (not meant to be insulting or anything cuz I have it myself!), and Strength Training for Dummies. I also have Strong Women Stay Thin, and Strong Women Stay Young. And if you're bored with the treadmill, there's Walk Away the Pounds DVD or VHS. Pilates is good for stretching too.

Also, for free.....check out these websites, they're awesome!!!

http://www.altusathletic.com/muscle_default.asp

http://www.gsu.edu/~wwwfit/strength.html

http://www.exrx.net/Lists/Directory.html

http://www.stumptuous.com/weights.html

http://www.strongwomen.com/decision_tree.stm

http://www.exrx.net/exercise.html

Let me know how you do!!!

Nancy*

:banana :banana :banana

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Mr.Kantos

Just signed up. Feeling optimistic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
    • ChunkCat

I have no clue where to upload this, so I'll put it here. This is pre-op vs the morning of my 6 month appointment! In office I weight 232, that's 88 lbs down since my highest weight, 75 lbs since my surgery weight! I can't believe this jacket fit... I am smaller now than the last time I was this size which the surgeon found really amusing. He's happy with where I am in my weight loss and estimates I'll be around 200 lbs by my 1 year anniversary! My lowest weight as an adult is 195, so that's pretty damn exciting to think I'll be near that at a year. Everything from there will be unknown territory!!

· 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

You look amazing!!! 😻 you have been killing it!

2. NickelChip

Congratulations! You're making excellent progress and looking amazing!

3. BabySpoons

So proud of you Cat. Getting into those smaller size clothes is half the fun isn't it?. Keep up the good work!!!!

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

That's brilliant! You've done amazing!! I should probably think about changing my profile picture at some point. Mine is the doll from Squid Games. Ironically the whole premise of the show is about dodging death. We've both done that...

• eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches