Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So my surgery date is for October 30. It's so close I can feel it!I haven't heard from my gastroenterologist yet from when they checked my stomach. I saw my lung doctor and he said I was good but wanted a sleep study done. Which is this sunday. I'm having a stress test wednesday. Now I felt kind of fatbashed by my cardiologist as in he was super suprise that I was a "healthy" fat person no problems in the ekg and on the outside in general. So October 22 I got back to my lung and heart doctor and I'm hoping they give me the clear for October 30!!

Although I have a gut feeling it won't happen then I just really hope it does...

Just remember to advocate for yourself. This road is anything but easy from approval to post op. You are far from alone in this journey. I hope you get the news you want, but in case you don't just remember a lot of people now post op were told no throughout their journey too.

My surgery date is Oct 27th, I too have been collecting items to use post op. My visit to the cardiologist is the 29 th of this month for the keg and stress test. Last visit to the dr who is doing my weigh ins is the 15th of Oct. cutting it close yes I know but I don't need ins approval with medicare whoo hoo I'm so ready for this journey

My surgery date is Oct 27th, I too have been collecting items to use post op. My visit to the cardiologist is the 29 th of this month for the keg and stress test. Last visit to the dr who is doing my weigh ins is the 15th of Oct. cutting it close yes I know but I don't need ins approval with medicare whoo hoo I'm so ready for this journey

so #9grammy

I too have Medicare, and was so worried Bc I don't have any major health problems, that Medicare wasn't going to cover it?? Is it true you don't need approval with Medicare? Thank you in advance :)

My coordinator said so, so I called Medicare myself and they also said no prior approval was needed. Just have to go through the steps of the 6 NUT appointments, I had to be under a drs care for that. Then the other visits, pulmonary, cardiac, psyc, exercise clinic I needed a pass from them also. As she put it we need all our ducks in a row if they want the papers after surgery.

You don't even send in the paper work unless they ask for it.

If no major problems then BMI of 40 I believe, 35 with .

Good luck too you

so #9grammy

I too have Medicare, and was so worried Bc I don't have any major health problems, that Medicare wasn't going to cover it?? Is it true you don't need approval with Medicare? Thank you in advance :)

Cpap? Ughhh I'm so frustrated now they are making me have a sleep study went thru all this two years ago was diagnosed severe sleep apnea had the machine tried it for 5 months was the most godawful experience I couldn't get used to it at all couldn't fall asleep or stay asleep or roll over or lay on my side or it would move or leak in a two week period I missed three days of work from being so tired I couldn't get up one day I fell back asleep never called work to say I wasn't coming around 930am boss calls says what's wrong where are u? Well let's just say it wasn't a good day I had two face masks and a nasal one I always felt like I was suffocating they say if I don't use it I can't stay in the program or have surgery if I can't sleep at all how in the heck am I supposed to make a living or even function I could just cry I'm so upset has anyone else had this issue? Any advice welcome thanks

I too have sleep apnea and suppose to use a CPAP machine. I can't!

I've tried and tried just can't handle it on my face, suffocating , can't breathe...

I'm on 2 ltr of O2 at night, during the day as needed.

The pulmonary dr is hoping the surgery will help with the sleep apnea. I also have COPD cronic asthma.

I don't know what to tell you, but try again, maybe with the surgery you will lose the weight and not have the sleep apnea anymore.

Good luck whatever you do.

Thank you #9grammy! Does anyone know what the recovery time is, and how long I'll be out of work, I'm a hairdresser and am on my feet all day long, my bosses sister is getting the sleeve as well. My boss told me a week tops for recovery, but I went to the doc today (lost a total of 11lbs in a month :)) and they told me 3 weeks?? Help!!'