Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is there something wrong with my band

So my weight has stalled n well I'm sure I am part to blame. I can eat way more than I'm supposed to. I can eat like 3 peice of pizza with no problems (shame on me) its rare that I splurge.. on a regular basis I get stuck on the 1st bite about twice a day. I'm only aloud 30min for lunch and I usually get stuck the 1st bite no matter how well I chew and I usually throw it up cause I'm so hungry I'm shaking bad. Than some times I don't get stuck . Usually can't eat any Breakfast everything gets stuck. Example lunch is 3 oz chicken salad and yogurt or apple. I eat it n feel fine (if I don't get stuck) than 20 min layer I'm super hungry like stomach pain hungry . I dread eating now when the hunger pains come I get so fustrated like..hmm what's gonna get stuck now

This has not been my experience but I do know from what others have written that throwing up is not normal. Maybe you should discuss this with your doctor?

I'd recommend you talk to your surgeon and your bariatric nutritionist. I know you think you chew a lot but I keep seeing this same scenario time and again. I too thought at one time I chewed enough but I was wrong.

Try this and I know everyone thinks this is a big sin. Take a swig of Water before you eat. If you think you're going to be too tight for the meal you're about to eat, help the food slide through with a sip of Water about 30 seconds after you swallow the bolus of food. Learn to use salsa, sauces, gravies to lube your food if you keep getting stuck.

The pain 20 mins after a meal is a concern and should be addressed by your doctor. When was your last visit with Dr?

Edited by 2muchfun

@@ladytru84 I find that if I eat something when I am already super hungry the first bite will get stuck mostly because I am so hungry the bite is not band sized it's Lisa sized and no matter how much I chew that bite it's just too large a volume and it gets stuck.

I would suggest eating smaller more frequent meals through out the day. In the mornings I am super duper tight and just getting my meds in can be work, then other mornings it's 123 and all down and ready to go. The way I "feel" on a given day can affect how my band is. For example I didn't sleep well last night I had a terrible horrible no good very bad day yesterday...and today I am in a foul mood. So my band is not having anything today. I had a cup of mild tea this morning with my morning meds and it was a slow go.

I'll try a shake in a bit, and then in an hour or so when my band and I am feeling more friendly I will have something else more substantial. I know that when I"m fickle so is my band and if I force the food in I'm going to regret it BIG time.

I did that last night after my horrible day, I just wanted to go home relax and sit on the couch and eat something I was really hungry but my older step son stopped by for a visit and I couldn't very well eat in front of him and I did not have enough chicken to say hey are you hungry. He's a BIG boy he would laugh at my tiny bits of chicken strips...so I didn't eat I entertained him till I had to eventually throw him out at 9:30 b/c I have to get the pups and myself to bed we are up at 5 AM!

I was still hungry and I know better then to eat right before bed...but I ate the chicken and about 5 minutes later it all came back up, and I didn't feel or sleep well the rest of the night..hence today's bad mood and cranky band.

So I'll be easy with my band and myself today...and break up my meals to mini mini meals and relax and let my band relax as well.

Of course I always advocate talking to your Dr.'s but in the interim while you wait for a call back, try breaking your meals down into mini mini meals through out your day and see if that helps your hunger pains as well as the stuck issues with your band.

Let us know how your doing!

I just wanted to go home relax and sit on the couch and eat something I was really hungry but my older step son stopped by for a visit and I couldn't very well eat in front of him and I did not have enough chicken to say hey are you hungry. He's a BIG boy he would laugh at my tiny bits of chicken strips...so I didn't eat I entertained him till I had to eventually throw him out at 9:30 b/c I have to get the pups and myself to bed we are up at 5 AM!

I was still hungry and I know better then to eat right before bed...but I ate the chicken and about 5 minutes later it all came back up, and I didn't feel or sleep well the rest of the night..hence today's bad mood and cranky band.

I just commented on your status regarding the above. Read it!

Thanks everuone.i saw my primary he's new so iv never delt with him before . Told me I'm eating to fast yadayada n I said how am I eating to fast with my first bite lol.. whatever he told me liquids for 2 days n it would fix the issue no more throwing up.. iv been down this road 100 times but doctors orders so I did.. he said " no throwing up with the liquid right?" N I said well no its liquid it doesn't get stuck for me to thro it up. Always so first day back on solids stuck. Even my husband doesn't understand how a bite the size of my thumb tha. I puree in my mouth gets stuck. I'm not saying it's every meal but 1-2 times a day I wake up dreading when I get hungry cause food is such a battle.. maybe it's just me but this is noway to live . Getting stuck fearful of what may or may not make u sick. Or having to have a liquid diet .. that's not good at all.. so for my rants I'm just annoyed.. iv had the band for 4 years n this past year has been horrable. My doc said he's gonna do a barium swallow to see if there's any issues than he will give me the referral to a bariatric doctor