Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July 2014 banders where ya at and how is it going?

Hello everyone. It's been a little over six weeks since I was banded. I am finally in the green zone with 6 cc in my band. I works nights as many of you have heard me say and it has been interesting. I am trying new foods and hating others. I am preparing to amp up my walk....to a jog that is and am down 12 lbs. That of course didn't come without me first gaining 5 lbs after surgery. Life for the most part is great. I am still learning what my new norms are and enjoying life. How is it going for the rest of you. Any new things, non-scale victories, new foods. What's going on with you?

I'm 10 days out only 2lbs down . Like u I'm trying different soft foods that work for me . Haven't got my first fill yet . I go back to work on tues . So I'm looking forward to that!

I had my surgery on 7/25 and I am down about 15lbs. from my pre-surgery weight, but seem to have stalled. I expected more, but like you guys, I am still trying to figure it all out. I am glad to hear that I am not alone!

7/15 here!

I have lost 33 pounds, including pre-surgery loss, 18 pounds since surgery. I have had about two weeks without any loss during that time, and up 1 pound since last week. I haven't gotten filled yet, as I felt pretty restricted. That all changed this past week; little restriction, increased appetite, ability to eat anything, anytime, but refraining from indulging and trying to eat my 1/2 cup three times a day. Two Protein shakes a day.

My original plan was to not fill, but I may have them fill at my next appointment in a couple of weeks. Other than the elusive Quest for the green zone, all is going well. Need to increase Water intake. Incisions are healing well. I apply Kelo-cote religiously twice a day.

No complications, no complaints. So happy...Best decision I could have made!

I was banded July 22nd and am also down about 12 lbs since day of surgery. I've had one fill of 1.5ccs. I'm calling next week to get in for second fill I can use it now. I'm exercising more and getting more hungry. I have to stick with the basics. It's easy to get off track. Nice to have these forums as a reminder of what I need to be doing.

It's so great to hear from you guys. I am down 12 pounds I trying to work up the courage to walk and pick my son up from school instead of drive. That gives me 2 mile a day in addition to my walk in the evening. Wish me luck. I want this weight off!

Boy am I glad to have found you! I was banded 7/22/14 by Dr Rumbaut in Monterrey, MX. I lost 5 pounds doing the pre-cleanse. 8 more since the banding, but I've totally lost motivation. The surgery was cheaper in Mexico but it didn't come with much support! They gave me a booklet and sent me on my way.

I haven't lost weight in probably a month, despite receiving my first fill. I think I'm already cheating the band. I ate 2 pieces of pizza on Friday night? Wtf?!

My aunt, who is a doctor, visited thus weekend and re-inspired me. So, I'm reaching out for help.

I need to totally overhaul my routine and possibly get another fill?

Thoughts?

Also, any idea where I can find recs for fill doçtors in central TX? I didn't like mine.

Hi there Greenebean13!

Before getting the band back in July, I did a gob of research. I found a few interesting tidbits. One of those being that individuals with lower BMI's tend to loose weight a little slower. I'm still reading into it but to make a long story short we have to work a little harder it seems to attain faster weight loss I'm on the other hand you want your weight loss to be stead as well. I'm still working on exercise. I need to increase my activity from 45 mins to about 1.5 hours at least 4 times a week. I'm just having a hard time fitting it in right now. Have you added any activity yet?

Where in Central TX?

I live in Austin. I drove to San Antonio for my first fill with Dr Rincon, but that was kind of a mess. Appointment was at 1 but I didn't see him til 5!

Good point on the exercise. I've been super lame about that and kind of waiting for the weight to "fall off" and it hasn't.

But I'm glad I found this forum. I'm newly motivated and am going to come up with some sort of eating plan (what do you eat? Curious!), exercise plan, and lay off the wine (bad habit).

P.S. Did everyone try to talk you into the gastric sleeve instead?! There seems to be a real push for that. Just not ready to do that!

I was banded on 7/11 and am down 39 pounds from the 1st of July. I had my second fill on Wed so I am at a 4. I have another one in a month and then he thinks I will be ok for awhile!!

That's great bugs! I go for my second fill Weds. I'm only 1.5 now so def can use more.