Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hardest thing i have ever done !

As my sleeve August 18 th. Wow never dreamt it would be this hard post op day 8 still can't get more then 3-400 calories in per day feeling weak and irritable. Everything taste like crap. I regret this right now I hope this changes. Yes I have lost 9 pounds since surgery but who wouldn't starving themselves. Not the easy way out by no means!!! This is a daily mental and physical struggle. Not for the weak of heart. I am a strong women and fought and won many battles but this is kicking my ass big time !!

It gets better. Remember that you just had a significant surgery and no one feels normal after a major surgery. Add to this the fact that you are unable to continue eating like you used to.

I felt the same way my first 2 weeks...I was miserable and wish I hadn't done it. Now that I am 6 weeks out I am so very glad I did it. It is forcing me to make good choices and adopt a healthy lifestyle. In time you will feel the same way especially when you are better healed and can progress your diet.

Hang in there! I have lost a close to 30lbs since July 14.

Stay strong, it does get better. Be kind to yourself and try not to stress. I would not worry too much about calories at the moment, concentrate on Fluid and Protein.< /p>

In less than 2 weeks you won't remember this phase. You'll feel really good and 3 weeks from now, you'll feel TERRIFIC! This too shall pass and you will feel like this WLS is the BEST thing you've done for yourself in your life! Trust me! I am almost 4 months out, 53 lbs down, energy levels ridiculously high and feel AMAZING. I am the happiest and healthiest I have been in over 30 years...!! Just get your walking in, your Protein and your Water. Good Luck!

As my sleeve August 18 th. Wow never dreamt it would be this hard post op day 8 still can't get more then 3-400 calories in per day feeling weak and irritable. Everything taste like crap. I regret this right now I hope this changes. Yes I have lost 9 pounds since surgery but who wouldn't starving themselves. Not the easy way out by no means!!! This is a daily mental and physical struggle. Not for the weak of heart. I am a strong women and fought and won many battles but this is kicking my ass big time !!

Hang in there honey. It will get better and everyone has their own time table as to when. I felt much better when I was still restricted to Clear liquids and was able to drink some Isopure clear Protein. Until then, I felt so incredibly weak. I don't think the beef and chicken broth was giving me enough Protein. Once I purchased the Isopure and drank it I felt better. Hope you feel better soon.

Like others have said, get that Water in and the protein the doctors allow you to have. Your body has just been traumatized by the surgery and it needs lots of TLC to recover.

Kathleen

I feel for you. I had my VSG the same day as you! I agree the sticking sweet stuff I awful & crushing your medicines yuck! Having no energy is hard too. But..... It only gets better from here. Try some cream of whatever Soups with unflavored Protein Powder it's better (I think) stop being so hard on yourself! Do what you can do just stay hydrated & take a nap! ;)

Thanks everyone for the support!! I had a long nap and took a walk I feel a bit better managed to get in some cream if mushroom Soup and yogurt. I'm sure it will get better and it has gotten better since day one. I'm so glad I have great people to vent to when I feel down :)

I was sleeved Aug 21 2014, Been feeling the same exact way Tabithacool66. Thank you all for your words of encouragement...I continue to forget I just had major surgery..Need to take time to heal...I know it will all get better soon.

Feeling a bit better today. Been having loose bowel movements though. I'm not losing weight either and am taking in 400-600 calories per day. Oh my still having a hard time finding the positives in this but maybe one day it will all come together. I have found though I feel best after going for a walk. Sitting around does not help at all

I agree with others. once my drain was out it improved a LOT and then at week 3 i felt like a new person! hang in there and know that we ALL go through some major bumps in the beginning!