Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

LB is pissing me off

Green, just for you --

I will keep my eyes out for you and if I ever happen upon said elusive t-shirt, I will buy you one of every mentioned color that they happen to have. To be sure we're talking about the same thing, "boat neck" (to me) refers to a wide but high opening, similar to a regular neck, only cut farther out toward the shoulders. Kind of like the first pic below. N'est pas?

BoatNeck_Thumb.jpg

BTW, you sure you don't like a nice chocolate brown? I know for a fact that (somewhere) I have a boat neck 3/4 sleeve in a chocolate brown. And I'm pretty sure it's the equivalent of a 3x.

I ALSO have boat neck-ish full sleeve lightweight sweaters (somewhere) and (not sure of size, but can check). The neck is wide like a boat, though lower, but then there are two pieces coming around each shoulder that sort of cut it off at a boat neck length except for a tiny bit that shows under. Kind of like a faux wrap. My BAD 4 second redition is below. Like said I would have to check sizes, but if you like, I have black, a deep beautiful turquoise, cream, and a sort of cranberry. I used to love wearing these, but anymore they hang too low and my bra shows even when I'm upright.

post-205294-13813134951332_thumb.jpg

Green, just for you --

I will keep my eyes out for you and if I ever happen upon said elusive t-shirt, I will buy you one of every mentioned color that they happen to have. To be sure we're talking about the same thing, "boat neck" (to me) refers to a wide but high opening, similar to a regular neck, only cut farther out toward the shoulders. Kind of like the first pic below. N'est pas?

BoatNeck_Thumb.jpg

BTW, you sure you don't like a nice chocolate brown? I know for a fact that (somewhere) I have a boat neck 3/4 sleeve in a chocolate brown. And I'm pretty sure it's the equivalent of a 3x.

I ALSO have boat neck-ish full sleeve lightweight sweaters (somewhere) and (not sure of size, but can check). The neck is wide like a boat, though lower, but then there are two pieces coming around each shoulder that sort of cut it off at a boat neck length except for a tiny bit that shows under. Kind of like a faux wrap. My BAD 4 second redition is below. Like said I would have to check sizes, but if you like, I have black, a deep beautiful turquoise, cream, and a sort of cranberry. I used to love wearing these, but anymore they hang too low and my bra shows even when I'm upright.

Omigawd, grrl, that white T-shirt is exactly what I am looking for.:) It seems that they don't import such items north of the border, eh.:cry blehhhh.........

Unfortunately, Green cannot wear brown nor can she wear anything which wraps. :cry This is because I am relatively tubular in shape. I have a thick waist and comparatively narrow hips and though I have broad shoulders I am not especially chesty. An hour-glass I am not! and this is why I look best in boxy jackets and tops. I am kinda of the fatso version of Audrey Hepburn body-wise. :) Face-wise I have the ultra pale skin of a redhead and so don't look good in anything other than the winter colours. Summer is not my prettiest time of the year.:cry

Thanks so much for thinking of me in this time of shopping sorrow. :think It is much appreciated, you know.

I shop online and the return policies are great. If something doesn't fit, you send it back, they credit your account -- and I try to only shop at stores that use plus-size models. Support your sisters!

IGigi

Junonia (sportswear for big girls!)

Always For Me

Size Appeal

B & Lu

Absolute Woman

Just My Size Alight.com

Jessica London (they use skinny models, but the clothes are great and inexpensive)

Ulla Popken

Hi! I also buy all my clothes online but have never bought anything from Jessica London but I love their clothes. I was wondering how they hold up after repeated washings???

I love to shop at Ulla Popken.com. They have a lot of cool styles and lately have been having good online discounts. I will try out the other sites you had mentioned too.

Thanks,

Shelli:cool:

Hi! I also buy all my clothes online but have never bought anything from Jessica London but I love their clothes. I was wondering how they hold up after repeated washings???<br /> <br /> I love to shop at Ulla Popken.com. They have a lot of cool styles and lately have been having good online discounts. I will try out the other sites you had mentioned too.

I love Ulla's clothes! I'm going back and that link. Jessica London's stuff is great, they hold up well, and they have some great sales.

Cool, Thanks!:)

I didn't read everything in the thread, but I gather some suggestions for clothes shopping was in order...I have ordered from Lands End catalogue or online. Very nice clothes that wear well...nothing really trendy, though...

I second the suggestion for Coldwater Creek...try the Outlet section online...great deals!

I've bought plenty of clothes at Walmart, also...and Foleys, Macys, Dillards, Target...also Marshalls, Burlington, etc.

After losing so much weight, I've found it doesn't hurt to have an open mind, and try on some things you think won't fit...I've been surprised sometimes!

I quit shopping at LB a long time ago, well before I shrunk out of their sizes. They are just too expensive, and I didn't like their attitude.

I'm just venting because I hate it when stores misrepresent.

I go yesterday because they have a sale, "Buy one get one free, all bottoms." To me all bottoms means all bottoms, but they specify something like, "Jeans, pants, capris, skirts", etc. Here is what I pick up (blue items are bottoms):

Business pant style capri - $39.95

Business pant style capri - $39.95

Skirt - $39.95

Skirt - $39.95

Linen crop pant - $39.95

Linen crop pant - $39.95

Shoes - $26.50

Clearance top - $24.99

Perfect price top - $12.99

Perfect price top - $12.99

My subtotal was $235.47. It seemed high at the time, higher than I was thinking it would be, but I didn't give it that much thought. At first. But then I started thinking about it. I essentially bought 3 bottoms which should have been about $120, got three free. Plus about $50 for the shoes and clearance top, plus about $25 for the PP items, so $195 (going to be a little on the low side)... why was I charged $235?? I look at my receipt and the linen crop pants were normal price. I call the store and tell them I think I was mischarged and they say no, those pants weren't in the sale. I said, "But the sign said ALL BOTTOMS, aren't these bottoms? I'm certainly not wearing them on top." Their claim - the sign said all bottoms, but it then specified jeans, crops, skirts, pants. What I bought, even though it's a short pant, is categorized as a "pedal", and pedals were not in the sale.

I'm pissed, but also running late for a dinner, so I say I will follow up tomorrow (today).

I went to their website early this morning to see what the fine print sai about the sale, but the sale is over so I can't get it. But I do notice they now have a 30% off your purchase deal going. I figure - go for the 50%, but if I can't get it, insist on the 30%.

I call the store back and talk to the manager. Manager gives me the same "pedals" aren't in the sale. So I tell her (in nicer words) they're full of shit, and that I will come in and want the 30% price adjustment. She tells me, "That's not applicable to previous purchases." I remind her I just bought these lastnight. She says it doesn't matter. I tell her that I could refund the pants and just rebuy them today, and she says, "Yes." I say - soooo... oookkk... save us both the extra time and just do a price adjustment. She says no. (I will be making a visit to the store by my work today, and I will help them realize how this is going to be handled. I don't do this crap.)

WTF? Why doesn't "all bottoms" mean all bottoms?

I have had a LOT of experience with Lane Bryant doing this crap. Earlier this year they had a sale, "All sweaters, buy one get one half off." I pick up 4 sweaters and am charged full price for each one. I question it and they tell me, "Those ones aren't in the sale." (This time there were no specifics listed on the sign, it just said "all sweaters"). I ask why not, they're sweaters.. and she tells me it only applies to these specific sweaters. I tell her she's going to sell them to me bogo half, because that's what the sign says. She calls the manager. The manager insists that it only applies to certain sweaters, tells me she cannot override the pricing, and gives me a customer service number to call. I call, they apologize, and send me a tin of 6 Cookies. Argh! I'm buying my clothes at the fat girls shop! How freaking insulting that you think 6 Cookies makes up for your incompetence!

Last year I'm in and there's a sign up by the jeans saying "Two for <whatever amount it was>." So I pick up two pair. I'm rung up and it's full price on both. I tell her the sign said two for whatever, and she says "That ended yesterday." I say, "But the sign is up today." And she tells me - IGNORE IT. (I ended up getting my way on this one)

I went to FREAKIN LB solely because of the sale coupon they sent to me...Buy One Bottom, Get One Free. I was so excited. I get to the store only to find out this particular store wasn't participating in this sale. Whatever. They should've honored it, anyway. I am a very loyal customer there...And I have to drive 45 mins to get to our closest mall/LB. Talk about mad. :angry I thought it was so funny when I saw this rant...I definitely can relate.

I just short of skimmed through this thread, because of LB on top. I just wanted to report my many awful experiences with lane bryant retail store.

1. I worked at two different ones. The first one was okay, but discriminated against me because I was white. This may sound outrageous, or unbelievable, but it is true. Check my postscript. The second store sucked generally all around, no discrimination, but the managers were jerks (ladies) and very careless and irresponsible. I quit after being denied a vacation day that I requested and was approved for MONTHS in advance. Why? Because she "lost my paper and forgot".

2. The service at three different stores (in addition to the ones I worked at) has been frequently atrocious. Store a mess, no one around, long lines, not enough cashiers, rude salespeople.

3. They screw up their advertisements and misrepresent on sales frequently.

4. I have had 3 pairs of their stretch jeans pull apart from what looks like dry rot after a month or so of use. No bleach, not too tight, no reason for them to do this.

So I go to the Avenue and hope I can lose enough weight not to need to shop at fat stores anymore. Sometimes I think that corporate owners understaff those stores on purpose because the market is cornered, not so much supply, lots of demand for cute retail plus sizes. You can get a size 10 anywhere. But if you want a size 22 in a cute fashion that fits well and isn't outdated, choices are limited. I think they know there are lots of fat women who will pay alot and put up with alot because there are no other choices.

My mom always said to try to say at least one thing good about someone (or some organization) if you can, so here it is: Lane Bryant's stretch tees are made of nice fabric, last a long time, are made in a variety of styles and colors, and are frequently on sale. I still occasionally run in there, if I walk by, and there's a good sale on plain stretch tshirts.

Evilah

ps

I had an immaculate employee history, and was really friendly, and overheard the manager say to the assistant manager that another employee would be given more hours because they thought she could bring in more black customers, even though my sales were higher and I was a more reliable employee. !!!!!! I didn't fight it, I just kept quiet and then moved to another store. Is that discrimination? I think it was. I told a thin girl who worked at the second store, and she voiced similar complaints about being given less hours because she couldn't wear the stores' clothes to advertise and customers couldn't "relate" to her. I also chatted up a gay male employee who said he loved working there, and was very happy with the management.

LOL You certainly are! :mad: And my husband is the answer to every woman's dream. He loves to shop, finds watching sports on TV boring, folds laundry, repairs stuff (if you wait long enough:rolleyes) and he does all the vaccuuming. And he is straight!:mad:

Woo hoo - we are married to the same man! My hubby is the

GREATEST!

I used to work at an LB and was management for a long while. It seems like most of the complaints are about the service, not all of the Lane Bryants are like that. Out of all of the Lane Bryants in the district where I worked my store was the only one that did go an extra mile to help the customers. And as far as the advertising discrepancies, it has nothing to do with each individual store, it has to do with corporate. My best advice is to talk to a district manager or send an email to their website.

They're not going to care. Before 2001, when the limited corporation owned LB it was much different. They had better quality clothes, took more pride in the store's appearance and paid/treated the employess better. Since Charming Shops bought LB (they own fashion bug and catherine's) it is all about how much money they make. Also, they aren't going to care if a few people decide not to shop there any more, more and more the population of women are getting heavier and there are always going to be more women shopping and buying their clothes.

Someone could print out and mail this thread to the CEO of the company with a covering letter. There might be a response.

I stopped shopping there years ago because of the "fat tax". There clothes are so much more expensive than they should be. Try one of the regular stores like Target... sometimes they have things on sale.