Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 Wks Post Op so looking for a Great Mentor, I'm in MD/VA area

Hi, my name is Lizzee and I just had surgery 2 weeks ago today. It's been a crazy ride but also a happy one. I'm so new to this and am looking for someone or several people that can help me along the way. I have a lot of questions but also need the encouragement as well. So hopefully, I can get some help here and continue this wonderful experience with those that have had that experience. Thanks so much and hope to meet some great people too. :D :rolleyes:

Hi, my name is Lizzee and I just had surgery 2 weeks ago today. It's been a crazy ride but also a happy one. I'm so new to this and am looking for someone or several people that can help me along the way. I have a lot of questions but also need the encouragement as well. So hopefully, I can get some help here and continue this wonderful experience with those that have had that experience. Thanks so much and hope to meet some great people too. :D :rolleyes:

I need someone like that too! I am 4 weeks out. I see you are in Waldorf. I used to live in La Plata and still have family out

there!

Hi Pik! That is Awesooooome! Was just in Laplata earlier. Lol. Yes, I actually live closer to Hughesville but still Waldorf. How are u doing? I'm so new to this and though "Great, they offer mentorship for people like me". I'm excited but definitely a Newby. Heheheee!

Hi Pik! That is Awesooooome! Was just in Laplata earlier. Lol. Yes, I actually live closer to Hughesville but still Waldorf. How are u doing? I'm so new to this and though "Great, they offer mentorship for people like me". I'm excited but definitely a Newby. Heheheee!

I love La Plata! I really miss it. I've been in Northern Virginia for three years. I have had a difficult time with recovery but I am getting there day by day. How is your recovery coming along?

Lizzee038 I just saw you live in the Hughesville area. I live in La Plata. I'm going through Bluepoint Surgical Group with Dr moazzez. I saw you were looking for a mentor. Well since you already had surgery I can't be your mentor but I just thought I'd say hi since you live nearby. Do you go to the support group at st Mary's Hospital ? It meets the second saturday of the month at 10 am I'm pretty sure. I haven't been to it yet but I'm going to go in September. I'm looking for a mid September approval and a end of October surgery. Get back in touch if you want to. Hope everything's going well for you as you continue to recover .... Jenn

I'm 4.5 months Post op. I live in Frederick Co MD but had my surgery in Fairfax.

I'm not on the board often but my email is AmyLLf2@aol.com

Amy how is your recovery going? I see you had your surgery in Fairfax did you have it at Fair Oaks and who was your surgeon ? I'm going through Blue Point Surgical Group with Dr Moazzez probably the end of October or the first week of November

I had mine at Fair Oaks and used BluePoint, Dr. Halmi...

Mine was Matthew Fitzer Virginia Bariatrics in Reston.

4.5 months out things are going well. I'm in the losing hair phase but I knew that was coming. I'm taking Biotin. I have no idea if that's working or not. I hope I'm losing less because of it but that may be wishful thinking.

My Fair Oaks experience was great. I only stayed one night. Looking back I probably would have stayed the 2nd night since I was given a choice. But the staff was really nice and the set up for walking the halls was great.

Mine was Matthew Fitzer Virginia Bariatrics in Reston.

4.5 months out things are going well. I'm in the losing hair phase but I knew that was coming. I'm taking Biotin. I have no idea if that's working or not. I hope I'm losing less because of it but that may be wishful thinking.

My Fair Oaks experience was great. I only stayed one night. Looking back I probably would have stayed the 2nd night since I was given a choice. But the staff was really nice and the set up for walking the halls was great.

My stay was not so nice, and that was due to the girl in the other bed next to me and a nurse named John who insisted I need to cycle through my pain and nausea.

How is everyone?

Hi Amy I'm doing great I just found out last week that my surgery was approved and my surgery date is November the 4th. Very excited a little nervous. Just went to a support group in my area and that was great especially since its only a half an hour from my house instead of an hour and a half which is where Fair Oaks Hospital is from my house. How is your recovery coming? Hope you're doing well