Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I started this process in August 1st 2014. For ATLEAST 5 consecutive years I've had:

High Cholesterol

High Blood Pressure

Bmi over 40

And my newest symptom is a fatty liver yay! I am 33 years old and I have 4 children. Boy (10) girl (7) boy (5) and girl (2). I am an Air Force veteran rated at 100%. I asked my doctor for weight loss medicine and he denied me and told me since I've been battling my weight (since I was 10) that he is going to refer me to bariatric surgeon. This is at William Beaumont Army Medical Center in El Paso Texas.

My 1st appt is a seminar on 21 August at 1230.

2nd appt is support group 28 August at 7:00 pm.

They told me after the seminar I would have a checklist of items to do including a psych eval.

My question is...has anyone had surgery here at this location? Has anyone heard anything else about the process when going through the Veteran Affairs?

Thank you so much in advance. I am super nervous and hope this all goes through. For everyone who prays, please pray for me. This could potentially save my life.

Hi elphasovet. I am a 100% disabled army vet. I am not going through the va but I feel your pain. If you are getting it done by a private doctor, then it is probably fee based and it should all be covered. I am a a prayer and will pray for you. I have a group on Facebook called women aspiring for higher. You should find it and join. Lots of prayer and encouragement for whatever you are going through. There are over 300 women there to support us. And some of the daily posts are very encouraging. I have surgery on august 26 and have battled with my weight have a military injury and two twin pregnancies. It is had, it is a challenge, but if the va has already approved you, you are golden.

Okay I will definitely be looking y'all up on Facebook! I'm not sure how the whole process works but the bariatric surgery consultant is the one who said that the referral was approved. I still have to get approval from surgeon and psychiatrist and I am praying hard I do. If I don't do something drastic I don't think I will make it past 40 :-(

Hi elphasovet. I added you on the Facebook page. Everything you post there is private. Make your prayer requests known and people will pray for you there. By the way, my name is Zaneta in case you were wondering which member was me. :-)

This is the hospital that my physician is trying to send me to. Did you have the proceedure as of yet? I would love to get some information if you have any. I live out of state and will be traveling there to meet the requirements with that facility.

Thank you!!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

Amazing! Congrats!!! Watch out for the sharks. 🦈

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches