Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am very offended by the B**love post

Now more and more states are doing away with capital punishment.

Not Texas.....we put in an Express Lane.

And Carlene this is one time that we are finally on the same side

Not sure that's exactly true. Your anti-Liberal post definitely isn't something I would agree with. I took exception to Mark's remark (that he found prayer in school almost as offensive as pedophilia), but that doesn't mean I agree with forced prayer in schools. I don't. What if I were your child's teacher. Would it be okay with you if I taught him/her to pray the Rosary? How about Muslim prayers....are you up for that? Jewish? Hey....we all worship the same God, right? So....a prayer is a prayer is a prayer, yes? And mine's as good as yours, isn't it?

Oh and liberals do not try to impose thier ideals of "moral code" in legislation. Get real! We need laws man if anyone has forced thier "moral code" on anyone it would be the liberals. And I'll show you where. We used to have no abortion and now we do. We used to send convicts to prison were they had to work for the state. Now we give them basketball and cable tv. We used to have capital punish punishment for people that kill. Now more and more states are doing away with capital punishment.( oh you killed some on well Bob Barker what do we have for them well we have a nice room with a bed and all you can eat, no bills and all the cable tv, weights, basketball and cigaretts you want.) yeah we are the ones imposing our "MORAL CODE" get a grip.

Yeah, that's the problem with America. We make prisons too comfortable. Life in prison is such a picnic. I see exactly what you mean. And if we just had more capital punishment, everything would be much better. I see your point.

We used to send convicts to prison were they had to work for the state. Now we give them basketball and cable tv.

I read that Paris Hilton was sentenced to 45 days in jail because she just couldn't seem to grasp the concept of "suspended license means do not drive". Score one for common sense and fair play.

Oh and liberals do not try to impose thier ideals of "moral code" in legislation. Get real! We need laws man if anyone has forced thier "moral code" on anyone it would be the liberals. And I'll show you where. We used to have no abortion and now we do. We used to send convicts to prison were they had to work for the state. Now we give them basketball and cable tv. We used to have capital punish punishment for people that kill. Now more and more states are doing away with capital punishment.( oh you killed some on well Bob Barker what do we have for them well we have a nice room with a bed and all you can eat, no bills and all the cable tv, weights, basketball and cigaretts you want.) yeah we are the ones imposing our "MORAL CODE" get a grip.

You are up in arms over abortion? Poor dear, the VERY next time someone forces you to have an abortion you let me know. I'll get my friends together and we will pitch a fit! I'm quite sure we could even get that one on TV. BTW, we have ALWAYS had abortion, it's not a new concept and considering the good church going folks vote the majority of politicians in office... you'll have to forgive my roaring laughter on blaming liberals for this.

Prisoners and cable TV... I used to agree with your point of view until I met a jail guard. He explained that if they keep the nasty little buggars busy (cable TV) it makes the jobs of the guards a great deal easier. Matter of fact, the prison guard claims that prisons with cable require fewer guards. Prisons are safer because while the prisoners are watching mindless TV they aren't starting riots. Anything that will keep the guards safer, I am all for. Are you?

Death penalty... I don't have strong opinions one way or another. But I'm not so sure it is the liberals that are fighting for no CP, I think it might be the fundies that don't think humans have the right to kill other human beings. But I could be wrong on that one. Personally, if pedophiles were executed, now that - I'd be all for. However, I'm not so sure it is wise to refer to the legal killing of human beings "moral" ... perhaps a different word is in order. Otherwise it sounds kinda weird.

As for jail being so pretty and nice, you are clearly not familiar with Tent City in Phoenix, Arizona where Sheriff Joe is in charge. It ain't what you claim, not by a long shot. They don't get all they can eat of green bologna and they pay for their own food themselves. Tent City has no cable TV, last I heard they could watch religion or reruns of Sheriff Joe on TV. I think they get to watch xmas specials, but I forget details.

Cigarettes are also not permitted in our jail, however please feel free to point me to the prison that provides cigs to inmates. In my part of the world when prisons do permit cigarettes, the inmates have to pay for them themselves.

I'm a conservative, not a liberal. But honestly, if THAT is your list of the horrors of liberals, you really force me to defend them. Com'on... you can do better, can't you?

You guy's want censorship. Well wait becuase the post I made above will bring Alexander running.

Son, pity pots don't fly over here. They sit and smell bad.

Nobody will remove that post. I believe we are confusing rants and free speech again.

You guy's want censorship. Well wait becuase the post I made above will bring Alexander running.

Who? :Banane43:

:thumbs_up:

Nope, 396, there was nothing even remotely inappropriate about your last post. Now, compare it to the earlier ones which we did take issue with, and you will see "attack the idea, not the person" at work.

I have never attacked any one person. I attacked the way people think and belive.

Question...

If atheists attack your Christian beliefs, is that mean and/or liberal or is that acceptable?

I have never attacked any one person. I attacked the way people think and belive.

I don't want to take over the thread with a rules and regs discussion, but I will say this: 396, there is a difference between saying that (for example) "knitting is boring" and saying that "knittERS are boring." That's the difference we ask everyone here to observe. The first is criticizing the activity, the second criticizes the people who do it.

For all of your disapproving language, your earlier post is criticizing liberalism, not liberals. And that's the way it should be.

We need laws man if anyone has forced thier "moral code" on anyone it would be the liberals. And I'll show you where. We used to have no abortion and now we do.

Please tell me when, where, EVER, has there been "no" abortion? Never in the history of humankind has there been an absence of women doing whatever they must to end unwanted pregnancies.

Question...

If atheists attack your Christian beliefs, is that mean and/or liberal or is that acceptable?

You make no since. All you are doing is making my point!

Abortion used to be against the law!!

Yeah! Thank goodness that changed. Thanks to many atheists, Wiccans, and Christians (not to mention science) we finally got that one changed.

Isn't life grand?

BTW, done any polls lately on who believe abortion is a positive right for women to have? Might be surprised on just who supports it. Personally, I oppose it for myself but I'm not about to tell another woman that your religion dictates she has to follow your beliefs.