Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Did your surgery ever get postponed ?

Surgery scheduled Monday but got called today postponing it til the following Monday. This makes my 3 rd surgery date ! Will I ever get there ? I'm feeling pretty down this evening !

I was given a tentative surgery date of July 29th. It will likely be postponed, so I'm prepared to be sleeved in August.

I was delayed twice, so don't despair. It happens.

Mines got postponed too :( my surgery date was June 16th, and I got a call saying date is changed to August 27 (sigh)...

They tried to pp me. I cried so they didn't. ;)

I got a call as I was checking in that it was cancelled. I had a complete breakdown in the hospital.

They got me in later that day though, so I was pretty lucky.

My surgeons surgical nurse is on vacation and she doesn't feel comfortable doing the Duodenal switch with anyone else. So after talking to them today I feel better. So now I'm scheduled for July 16 th. So I continue with my liquid diet that I've been on since June 24 th ! Shew

Wow, I give you all praise, I think I would have flipped over the chair (and what a mess that would be) if they postponed my surgery. Not that they gave you a choice. That really sucks, especially if you have to continue the same diet I did.

Good luck and if the call back, turn on the crazy. lol

I was postponed for 3 months. Not due to the surgeon but because of my own sneaky health issues. The surgeon wanted me to take a few months healing time from diverticulitis. My original date was June 17th. Now it's August 13 (the 3 months started from the time I was hospitalized in May). It was a hard thing to deal with so I feel your pain. Time has flown by though and I am gearing up once again ..... this week will pass quickly and before you know it, you will be post op and really starting your journey. Good luck to you!

ChristyAZ. I had it postpone my surgery date of June 9 th because I was in the hospital with Diverticulitis. Thanks for the support and good luck to you also.

Well it's almost here Wednesday is my big day !! I figure I'll get called tomorrow for my arrival time. My surgeon told me I'd be first so my last to surgery dates it was 5:45. So I'm guessing it will be the same time. I'm just praying things workout and I actually get it over with this time : )