Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

You're most welcome. Thx for sharing your journey! My day was great, though I am finding it difficult to concentrate with the impending holiday approaching! :)

I am trying hard not to think that far a head..lol

What you're experiencing now is exactly what you'll experience after surgery, so try to figure out some strategies. While I was still on full liquids after surgery, I had to go through a baby shower potluck at work and a lunch thing at church and a company picnic to Dave and Busters all catered. It was weird to be there not eating while everyone else was, but there wasn't anything I could have. So, I sat at the table and drank my shake and tried to focus on the people and conversation -- not the food.

I'm lucky in that I only had to do Clear Liquids one day before surgery but since surgery I have had challenges and it's NOT easy head-wise... tummy wise, I wouldn't have touched that food with a ten-foot pole!

Starting my liquid diet today. It doesn't taste bad and I had a bit of nausea before drinking it but now I have a stomach ache. Weird symptoms since my Upper GI last week so I don't know if it is that or the drink! =/

I just can't imagine getting 64 ounces of Water in a day.

Try and always carry a water bottle with you and keep sipping..

Here I am just done with day 4 of my liquid diet and I go to the mail and I have a letter from my health ins... Saying that my surgery has been cancelled... This letter is dated for June 23 however in June I got a letter from them dated June 18 saying I was approved.. Going to call in the morning.. My first though was to say screw it. Has anyone else have this problem?

I'm on day 10 of my 15 day pre-op diet- Clear Liquids only with 3 Meal Replacement shakes a day- the first week was pretty easy- this second week though has been tough! I mean really tough! I'm constantly hungry. My guess is I'm close to my period, so that doesn't help much! I have a large family- 9 kids plus my husband and I. Cooking for them has been challenging- so I've been making the littler kids smoothies for dinner, or Cereal... or spaghetti o's (please send your mom-of-the-year nominations my way LOL). The older kids are fending for themselves, and hubby... well we work opposite shifts so he's on his own. The most challenging day I think will be tomorrow. My work is catering in lunch tomorrow and we always have these amazing feasts! I'm normally in charge of the planning, but thankfully everyone I work with is an amazing support, so they opted to plan this one without me. My comment was I 'm not eating, no one else is either. And my vote to have a "everyone bring in your favorite clear liquid non-calorie beverage" luncheon was quickly shot down. BOO! I think I'm going to take a walk during tomorrow's lunch. Some fresh air (away from the aroma of yummilicious food) will do me some good! My shakes are great, don't get me wrong, but it is the whole mindset that I need to embrace. I will never go back to where I was- a glutenous food monger- I will only move forward following this wonderful path I've choosen. I want to be healthy. Way too many people depend on me to be around for a long time- if I can't fight the food demons during my pre-op diet, I'll never be able to down the road. I am tough. I am determined. I am a champion...and you're gonna hear me roar!

And you should roar!!! I came home the other afternoon and my daughter was eating French fries and pizza, when the smell if the yummy food got to me I had to go do something

You should roar and do it loud

Here I am just done with day 4 of my liquid diet and I go to the mail and I have a letter from my health ins... Saying that my surgery has been cancelled... This letter is dated for June 23 however in June I got a letter from them dated June 18 saying I was approved.. Going to call in the morning.. My first though was to say screw it. Has anyone else have this problem?

Julez, did you call? What did they say?

Yes I did call, and finely got someone who would help in place of passing me off. The Drs office a referral to the wrong health ins. They are working on fixing this.. Fingers crossed I still on for the 14th of July..

I am pretty proud of myself.. After getting that letter I just want to say screw it and eat but didn't :-)

Did any of you start getting headaches after starting your 2 week diet??? This is my third day and today and yesterday I have had awful headaches. I don't know if it is the change in my diet or if it is the fact that I am back to using aspartame.

That stuff gives me a headache. I had Migraines for years and I stopped using it and poof. They were gone. Now they are back.

Oh man.

I know. This fake sugar is grossed. I guess we just have to get used to it. :: sigh::

Today was our first day on our preop diet. 4 premiere protien drinks, a few mini dill pickles (yummmmm!!!), a sugar free cherry Jello, a 4 oz chicken breast with Adobo seasoning, a cup of boiled carrots, a cup of half caf coffee and 3 cups of sugar free flavored Water. I need to drink more Water but 3 cups is really good start for me.

So, all in all, not too difficult. So far.

12 more days,!! Surreal. Eek !!!!!!

I know. This fake sugar is grossed. I guess we just have to get used to it. :: sigh::

Today was our first day on our preop diet. 4 premiere protien drinks, a few mini dill pickles (yummmmm!!!), a sugar free cherry Jello, a 4 oz chicken breast with Adobo seasoning, a cup of boiled carrots, a cup of half caf coffee and 3 cups of sugar free flavored Water. I need to drink more Water but 3 cups is really good start for me.

So, all in all, not too difficult. So far.

12 more days,!! Surreal. Eek !!!!!!

Oh I would love to be on that diet!

Oh my gosh you get to have food too?? Today is day 7 on the liquid diet. Yesterday was the cookout. And I must say it was hard as hell but I did it.. One week left

Oh my gosh you get to have food too?? Today is day 7 on the liquid diet. Yesterday was the cookout. And I must say it was hard as hell but I did it.. One week left

A little over a week for me too! Well, ten days. So many times I have wanted to eat and haven't. I have complained, however. I have no idea why we can't at least eat a lean meat, like chicken breast. I looked up the nutritional value of a scrambled egg and it seems most of its calories are from fat. UGH. Well, nine more days of this diet and then surgery for me.