Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey pals, I had surgery June 23rd at 9:30am. I stood 1 day in the hospital than came home. I have been making great progress day by day... Still having some gas pains and haven't had any bowel movements but that will come... Overall I'm feeling better than I've heard others feel, I'm just tired of liquids I want some puréed food already I feel like I need more variety. In time I know lol.... So how are y'all feeling?

I hope my experience is as good as yours. Continued success.

Sounds great...think i will order up your recovery.

Day one, still in hospital. I feel as I expected to... Keeping happy

Wow, it sounds as if you are doing SUPER! My RNY surgery was on 6/18/2014 so I am nine days out. By Day 5, I was gagging from drinking the shakes so, with the NUT's approval, I started on hi-pro Soups and Greek yogurt thinned with part of my shake. I thought I'd made heaven - hahaha!

Today, the NUT allowed me to eat non-fat refried Beans thinned with chicken broth - yummy! The Beans and the yogurt should have been on the 2 Week food Phase but everything looked so I got early approval.

Don't be afraid to ask what you might be able to move up in the food phases. And, ALWAYS check with your NUT before making any changes! Great changes are coming our way - woo hoo!! :D

This is my 4th day and I have a bit more energy today. I'm tired of phase 1 liquid only, but l know it's worth it and I'll make it. sugar free Popsicles are my best friend now. Trying to wean off of the pain meds so I can get around in my own, but it's hard with 6 stab wounds in your abdomen and a G-tube hanging from your tummy. Overall, I'm excited with the changes to come...hope you guys are too

Congrats to you all , you will see each day gets better I'm 6 weeks out and feel great remember to walk and dip.

I am post op three days and having trouble getting down the Protein Shakes (2 a day) plus liquids. They all make me naseus. It's more me than my stomach. Anyone having similar issue?

I am almost 2 weeks out and I could not get the Protein in, neither did the other girls at my drs office... When I went for my post op she said I didn't need to take them anymore that I just should find foods that have a decent amount of protein, tuna, Beans etc... Good luck with everything!

I had my surgery on July 2nd. The gas pain is still there but improving. However, I seem to burp after most sips. Is this normal?

Yes. I'm on day 9 and still burp after every sip. If you don't, you will experience real pain inside. So the burping is a good thing. In fact, I wove it into my sipping routine: Sip, walk, burp, sip, walk, burp....

Oh, that may be why I am hurting badly in my stomach area after my broth this morning. I did not burp. Thank you for your reply.

Walk! Burp! Sip! (lol, I hear march music in my head). That was the reason why I have absolutely no gas pain or discomfort after surgery. The first four days, I had to set a timer to get me dancing. I set the timer for ten minute when I sipped. Then, I paced slowly until it rang again. By then, I had burped and moved enough to tolerate the next sip. It was worth the diligence.