Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tired of hearing about it

I am preparing for Bypass surgery the 1st week of August. I am soooo excited about it and have been very open to my friends and coworkers. My problem is I almost feel like I have talked about it too much and people around me are tired of hearing about it. No one has said anything - but we have all had that friend who perhaps broke up with someone and wont shut up about it? I dont want to be that person..lol. Does anyone else feel that way? I am really afraid of how much I will talk about it AFTER the surgery!

Also - Does anyone else out there feel all alone? Even though my BFF is right there beside me - I still feel alone..I have so many fears like I am going to be the 1 person this doesnt work for - that I will drop 20 or 30 lbs but it will take 6 months....That I will never get to taste a cupcake again...That my hair will fall out - I will look 20 years older and have all this skin hanging from my body...

I also wondered if anyone had any comments on their calves? I have large but muscular calves - will they get smaller or will I have popeye legs?

Im the exact opposite I didn't talk about my decision with anyone but family and that way if they did get tired of me talking about it they would say something ha ha I also don't think you will have Popeye legs :)

Omg finally someone talkin bout some reall stuff, i also feel tge same way... omg n my caves are for some reason hard to like all muscle, i dont even wanna think about my tattoos n after.. all i kno is ur not alone im thinkin jus like u.

And about the talkin so much, im guilty, n i do feel alone even with all tge suport, but its not the same. If only i had a twin to do surgery with me

Edited by maggie.alvarez

Since I only told a few people that I was having the surgery, I was more inclinced to not talk about it to others. I have my husband and a dear friend (who had the same surgery 5 weeks after me) to talk over any concerns with. It would be really helpful if you had a friend who has gone through this surgery. It will probably be a challenge to not talk about it non-stop, but my advice would be to only talk about it if someone else brings it up, and then, try to keep the conversation to a minimum. That's what these boards are good for. You can share all you want and ask any question you have. :)

Wow! It was almost like I heard myself thinking in your post! I've had the same thoughts and fears. I talked with people about it before surgery only a little and now, I'm 4 weeks post op and only talk about it with my support friends and those who ask about it. Things are going well so far and clothes are starting to fit looser. I'm starting to get excited when I was scared and cautious before. It'll be great!

Its nice to no the outcome of someone who feels the same way.. i was thinking of deleting this cuz most people who already lost weight forgot how they felt before n that becomes no help no suport. Im extremely happy to hear someone feel like me. Thanks for sharing

Yeah I dated a guy who wouldnt stop talking about his surgery. This was before I was considering surgery. We didnt click and even if I had liked him I couldnt stand hours of listenimhw to him list forrest gump style what he couldnt eat anymore.

Now I feel bad because I know how excited I am. Lol but we didnt click anyway.

I am preparing for Bypass surgery the 1st week of August. I am soooo excited about it and have been very open to my friends and coworkers. My problem is I almost feel like I have talked about it too much and people around me are tired of hearing about it. No one has said anything - but we have all had that friend who perhaps broke up with someone and wont shut up about it? I dont want to be that person..lol. Does anyone else feel that way? I am really afraid of how much I will talk about it AFTER the surgery!

Also - Does anyone else out there feel all alone? Even though my BFF is right there beside me - I still feel alone..I have so many fears like I am going to be the 1 person this doesnt work for - that I will drop 20 or 30 lbs but it will take 6 months....That I will never get to taste a cupcake again...That my hair will fall out - I will look 20 years older and have all this skin hanging from my body...

I also wondered if anyone had any comments on their calves? I have large but muscular calves - will they get smaller or will I have popeye legs?

I feel the same way. I haven't told anyone but my husband and kids but I feel like I talk about it too much. I hope it's not too much. But it's exciting and you have to talk to someone about it or you'll bust. I am having weird thoughts like you also. Just stay positive and we will be healthy before we know it. Just imagine what you will look and feel like a year from now. Amazing! Good luck in all you do. Just remember to smile and think positive. :)

Thanks so much guys - it helps to know I am not alone in the way I am feeling. Do you have any other advise on what to expect once I have the surgery? When did you actually start seeing the weight loss? I know it is one thing to see a number fall on a scale - but when did you actually FEEL like you had lost weight? I have been larger than I should be all of my life. The smallest I have ever been in my adult life was a 14/16. I am now in a 20/22 - though I tend to always wear shirts even larger than that so they dont cling to me - as though people cant tell I am fat! lol. Oh lets put on even bigger clothes to hide the fact!!

I am afraid of the Water thing - I dont drink enough liquid now - dont know how I am going to be able to get down 64+ ounces a day! I drink a cup of coffee in the morning and then maybe a glass of tea at night - I am just not much of a drinker at all! How did you make sure you were/are getting enough Water?

Lucky for me all of my tats are in areas where they shouldnt have much of a change - the rose I got on my boob when I was in late 20s already turned to a long stem rose years ago! And the small bird on my back is now an eagle - but other than that I should be ok! lol. So when is your surgery?

Omg finally someone talkin bout some reall stuff, i also feel tge same way... omg n my caves are for some reason hard to like all muscle, i dont even wanna think about my tattoos n after.. all i kno is ur not alone im thinkin jus like u.
And about the talkin so much, im guilty, n i do feel alone even with all tge suport, but its not the same. If only i had a twin to do surgery with me

So glad there are others out there who are on the same page as me. I too feel like I am going to be the one who only loses 20 or 30 lbs. lol. I also feel like I am alone in this even though I have family and friends who are very supportive.

When is your surgery? My tentative date is set for August 5th.