Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Food in Freezer, Ready for July 1 RNY!

I am so excited.

chicken wings, fries, ice cream, gushers…) Then, I spent the entire day yesterday cooking so that I have the six weeks of foods portioned and ready in my freezer. I bought 2 oz. condiment containers with lids (50 for $2.95) and used 1 liter bottles for freezing fresh chicken broth. Cooking from scratch, a six week supply of post-op food cost me $75. I also added 0% greek yogurt, chicken broth and almond milk to pretty much everything, so that there is Protein in all meals. Here’s the list:

7 2 oz. servings Refried Beans (3 cubes)

19 2 oz. servings Chicken Zucchini Souffle

17 2 oz. pureed Tuna

31 2 oz. servings Mashed potato

12 2 oz. servings Chopped Liver

23 2 oz. servings Chicken Puree

27 2 oz. servings Zucchini

14 4 oz. Protein Potato Broth

(with almond milk, greek yogurt, and mashed potato)

4 Liters clear chicken broth (32 cups-256 oz) stored in four 1-liter bottles

I will purchase fresh hummus and yogurt post-op, and will cook fresh yogurt and Jello too. Do you think this will do? Am I missing anything?

Wow you are ready congrats on your prep as well as your choice to be healthy did you get sugar free popsickles to help with your Water intake? What about sugar free cool whip to take with your actigal and sugar free Jello and pudding, your on the right track and I look forward to your post. Good luck and sending you a speedy recovery.

That is just amazing!

I'm wondering how to do any of that now, let alone after surgery?

Any pointers, recipes or directions would be welcomed :D

I did all of that in a day, and it all cost me $75. First, I cooked a 16 qt pot of fresh chicken Soup (from scratch - chicken + root veggies). I also added whole zucchini to the pot. Then, I also cooked huge batch of minced onions and let it simmer with a bit of oil until they were golden. I drained the onions of the oil and pureed it. I used it to flavor all of the purees. I used clear broth to thin out the dryer foods as I pureed them. I added almond milk and greek yogurt to everything so that I had the added Protein to compensate for the added liquids in the mix.

Measure EVERYTHING before you put it into the blender. This way, you can break it down to portion-size calculations of its nutritional content. Here's two ‘recipes’ from my list:

31 2 oz. servings Mashed potato

• 4 large Idaho potatoes = 4 lbs.(64 oz)
  • 1 cup Almond Milk
  • 4 oz. Greek Yogurt, 0%
  • 1 cup sauteed onions

14 4 oz. Protein Potato Broth

• 1 cup almond milk
  • 2 cups mashed potato mix (see above)