Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Interactive Menu Planner

I was wondering if someone knew of a good interactive menu planner that they like to use.

I don't know if what I'm looking for actually exists, but if not, it should :-)

I want a tool that will give you a daily menu to follow with recipes that you can customize based on the amount if people who you are feeding. I also want it to track the calories and be able to set a calorie/fat/carb etc target range.

I believe there are tools similar to this, but I would like it to go a step further and allow you to indicate ingredient preferences or dislikes and have it adhere to those guidelines. For example, if it tries to give me a recipe for a ham based meal, I want to be able to indicate that I do not like ham and to not provide me any more meals with that ingredient. I would also like to be able to indicate whether I don't want any suggestions for that ingredient ever, or just that day because I might not be in the mood.

If there is already something like this out there, that would be awesome. I only wish I had the technical expertise to create something like this, as well as the time obviously!

Does anybody know of anything similar to this?

Just googled it and found this:

http://www.eatingwell.com/eatingwell_menu_planner

Thanks, I actually saw that site when I googled it, but it's missing some of the features I am looking for. It seems you have to search for the meals yourself and input them, instead of the site inputting possible options. I also don't think it has the ingredient preference feature I am looking for.

But thank you for googling that! It's on the right track, just not all the way there yet :-)

I've used the website www.plantoeat.com It has some of the features you're talking about. It doesn't recommend food -- you enter the recipes you like (could call a Protein drink a "recipe") and then you can pick what you're going to eat and it will do a grocery list. If you enter nutrition information, it will give you the totals for the day.

I know it's not exactly what you're looking for but it's worth looking at. One of the COOLEST things about it is that you can find recipes online (from food sites or blogs,etc) and import them over directly. So,it's a nice "clearinghouse" of recipes you find online.

I've used the website www.plantoeat.com It has some of the features you're talking about. It doesn't recommend food -- you enter the recipes you like (could call a Protein Drink a "recipe") and then you can pick what you're going to eat and it will do a grocery list. If you enter nutrition information, it will give you the totals for the day. I know it's not exactly what you're looking for but it's worth looking at. One of the COOLEST things about it is that you can find recipes online (from food sites or blogs,etc) and import them over directly. So,it's a nice "clearinghouse" of recipes you find online.

Thanks! I'll check this one out. One of my problems is that I'm insanely indecisive and not very creative, so it would be nice to have something that told me what to eat haha. But this might be a good start.

I'm gonna have to take a look at the site. Might be just what I need. Thanks for the suggestions.

I am sure the software exists. Personally, I dont want to play spin the wheel for meal planning. I have my favorites dishes which I am adapting to my new dietary needs. For me it adds fun to meal prep.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 0 replies
    • Mr.Kantos

Just signed up. Feeling optimistic.
      · 0 replies
    • Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches