Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July 2014 :)

As soon as I got home I slept like a baby and was able to sleep on my side, later that night I couldn't sleep on my side anymore as it was way too sore. Took some endone and got some sleep just after midnight.

Today is the second day home, so day 3 all up. I feel much less pain and the shoulder pain has also gone away.. Hopefully for good!

When I stand I feel like my insides are falling out, all the pressure kills! Laughing hurts, hiccups and coughs oh god! Everything is much better though. My throat and neck hurt the most really, from the tube in there during surgery.

I'm too scared to feel around for where the port is but I'm guessing it's where the most pain is coming from.

My bandages are a bit bloody with pus and I'm supposed to take them off tomorrow.. Bit scared to do that too.

Definitely not getting enough fluids in!

Edited by nerms

Edited by nerms

I posted a picture but I guess it didn't work haha

Got it to work, I hate how you can't delete posts on here!

Edited by nerms

I was banded this past Friday and I slept off and on throughout the first day and night..my boyfriend had an alarm set and was feeding me my pain meds to keep the pain at bay so I could rest. I've got a little discomfort now, but not taking any pain meds anymore. sleeping through the night on my side ok now. I am also not getting enough fluids and having a hard time getting in all my Protein. I'm only allowed Protein Shakes and clear fluids until next Friday..and I'm definitely struggling to get down my protein shakes now. I feel nauseated even getting through half of one. Thinking I need to mix up my fluids, and get them in another way somehow.

Alicia... You're just up ahead of me... I've been on almost only liquid and I did Atkins shake and also yogurt... What meals are you enjoying now and when did you fold in more solids?

I've been having soft scrambled eggs- one egg and one serving egg beaters with cheese mixed in. I've had some mashed potatoes, tuna fish and some crab cake. I'm vegetarian so I've mixed some refried Beans, hummus and salsa for lunch. I'm staying full and my strength is starting to grow. I'm looking for some more options to start adding. I'm getting about 850 calories a day. I hope I'm doing the right thing. My Dr has monthly meetings at his office with a nutritionist. I'm def going to take advantage of those!

07a4f82e52f80f9b747c3a865f38e451.jpg

I've mixed some refried Beans, hummus and salsa for lunch.< /p>

Did you have to puree the refried beans?

No I didn't racer---x (love the handle by the way). They are kind of mushy to begin with, and good source of Protein. I think I'm going to buy a good scale and food processor to help in whipping stuff up.

Ok ... I'm gonna go get some right now... I'm on day 4 and these liquids and it's driving me nuts!

How is everyone doing? I'm down 38 lbs..and LOVING this. So happy I made this decision! !

Hope everyone else is experiencing the same sucess!

I've lost 42lbs in total so far! So I'm pretty stoked :) (includes preop)

46.7lbs pounds down :D

That's great @ksoslo and @@nerms! So happy for you both!! I'm just logging in today after being off this site for a couple of months. I've been doing good but staying same for this past month. I'm down 23 lbs. I am getting better focused on what I'm eating and getting in walking to get back on track. I probably need another fill soon as well. Let's all keep in touch here. I need it!!

I had another fill and now feel that I have perfect restriction, feeling fuller a lot faster.

I'm down a total of 49.3lbs including my preop weight loss, bringing me down to 179.8lbs. I'm feeling really good, I feel that the weight loss is a bit slow but it's still a weight loss and I'm happy to see the scales go down.

Now that I have good restriction hopefully it gives me a bit of a boost.

Christmas is just around the corner, don't feel bad if you overindulge, as long as you get back on track the next day everything will be ok :) Merry Christmas everyone, and a happy weight loss filled new year to all :D

I'm down 68lbs :)