Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Could be a crazy question....

do any of you ever get to enjoy some fast food every now and again...i am 2 days away from puree...but i smell my kids mcdonalds and wonder if i will ever get to have some fries or a burger agin? any thoughts...

I am 2 months since surgery. I have had the insides of a mexican pizza at taco bell. I've had a salad at McD's. I've had a baked potato and chili at wendys. I've had clam chowder Soup at Friendlys. No, burgers and fries are out. So are breads, donuts, etc. No more fast food junk for banders...if they are following a diet and have good restriction that is.

Yes, you can enjoy those foods again, but once you have restriction you will not be able to eat much of it. I can only eat 1/4 to 1/2 of a small hamburger and a few fries. If I buy a bigger burger like a double cheeseburger I can only take about 3 bites. I am at perfect restriction though. Julie

Sure you can! I just get a kids meal and i only do that on weekends just once. Its like a treat for the week. I have had one fill and im a month and a half out iv lost 19 lbs. If i get a hambuger i also take off one part of the bread. ANYTHING IN MODERATION.:)

I can't eat the bread and McD's just doesn't taste all that good when you really chew it properly. I also can't eat those fries, that is a pb everytime. I can eat taco bell, usually 1/2 a mexican pizza with extra meat or extra Beans. I can also do wendy's chili, or white castle chicken rings. Burger King and McD's are pretty much out for me. I did have a yogurt parfait from McD's a few days ago, I put it in the blender and made a smoothie. Wendy's has yogurt as an option now too, so that works well for me. I am also hooked on Popeye's crawfish basket when they have it, I get red beans (no rice) as my side. The basket makes 2 meals for me. I do fast food, but modified versions of it. I also love chipotle, a bol makes 3 meals for me. ~Mandy

I have fast food on a regular basis. Not every week, Not every month, But maybe 1 time every 6-8 weeks. I also eat chinese food and go out to dinner. I am not going to deprive myself because i know if i do i would of end of bingeing. YOU CAN EAT what you want but in smaller quantities and although this might not work for everyone i haven't stopped loosing..

~Kristen

do any of you ever get to enjoy some fast food every now and again...i am 2 days away from puree...but i smell my kids mcdonalds and wonder if i will ever get to have some fries or a burger agin? any thoughts...

The key is "moderation". I stay away from fast food, however, if once in a great while, I want to go out for lunch with my family, I'm not going to feel guilt over it, its okay. But you don't want to be eating it everyday - just use it as a specail treat day for a special occasion or something like that.

And, remember, the days of eating a big mac and french fries and "biggie sizing" it are over, your band is your friend, he won't let you eat that much any longer, you'll be eating much smaller portions when you do splurge.

I am loving my band!

I can and have eaten McDonalds on occasion, as was said above, a small burger, remove the top bun---the fries, just kinda went to being yucky when chewed properly....so it is not something I care to have. I try to lead the grandkids towards Wendy's for fast food lunch, or Taco Bell. Unfortunately, they don't see the play area there, so it is sometimes a hard sell to the 6 year olds!!!

Sharing a meal with my 2 yr. old granddaughter is ideal, and we usually still have leftovers!

You will be able to eat most things, what you end up CHOOSING to eat, may be totally different!

Kat

Until my 4th fill I was a "slow loser" and could eat about anything, including a Wendy's cheeseburger. Now I PB if I eat bread or pizza. Yesterday, though, I had 3/4 of a burger at Chillis without the bread and has sauteed veggies instead of fries. Not the same, but at least I could taste a burger for a change.

I sometimes miss "the old days", but now that I am finally at really good restriction and losing, I wouldn't go back for anything. I was self-pay and finally feel like I am getting my money's worth.

Juliegeraci, I feel like we are on the same path! I have noted the similarities in our posts. Seems like we both finally hit good restricition at the same time. Good luck!

Sure you can! I just get a kids meal and i only do that on weekends just once. Its like a treat for the week. I have had one fill and im a month and a half out iv lost 19 lbs. If i get a hambuger i also take off one part of the bread. ANYTHING IN MODERATION.:)

Only kids meals and I can't finish half of it! That's a good thing!

If I was starving and McDs were the ONLY choice, I'd eat the meat of a Quarter Pounder w/ cheese or a salad. I've eaten Wendy's chilli a couple times....

Holy Cow Sheila! You're doing fantastic!

Bruce

If I was starving and McDs were the ONLY choice, I'd eat the meat of a Quarter Pounder w/ cheese or a salad. I've eaten Wendy's chilli a couple times....

Holy Cow Sheila! You're doing fantastic!

Bruce

Thanks Brewa2000, so are you!:clap2: :clap2: