Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

:help:

I have read in a few posts about something called a bullet ?? lol -=ponders this=- What is a bullet? I know it is used to blend/puree food, I think ...

Are they worth getting? How would I find one?

Hey, Its called a Magic Bullet, first was on those paid programming things on tv that are on late at night. Im not sure if its worth it or not, I do not have one. Its like a personal size blender, my aunt has one and ive used her and it was pretty awesome. You can get one at places like Kohls and Walmart im sure, bed bath and beyond....anywhere like that i believe. Well hopefully someone who has one replies, but anyways Its called a Magic Bullet and you can get em at those types of stores....costs a bout 60 bucks i believe. Good luck to you!!

~Hotpink~

the bullet is amazing! my aunt had gastric bypass and used it for everything during her mushies stage. i saw her blend baked chicken and veggies numerous times. i bought one a while back and it makes magnificent margaritas! lol :) but i will be using it much more once i'm banded i'm sure. i recommend it to everyone! i caught mine on sale at Walmart for like 30 bucks. its usually much more than that!

you've gotta get one... and i recommend the maragrita! ;) hehehe

LOL Right on thank you both for the help!

-=starts a new quest=- The Quest for the Magic Bullet.

-=side note=- get margarita mix too.... mauhahahaha

opps who said that??

There is another personal sized blender you can get from places like walmart.com or brylanehome.com

It is a personal sized blender with the brand name of Back To Basics. It does not have all the extra cups the Magic Bullet has, but the Magic Bullet only has 225 watts of power, and is about $60 and this one is around $18-$20 and has 350 watts. Big difference!

I needed a new blender anyway, so I bought an Oster 12 speed 450 Watt from Walmart for $40 and it had a food processor attachment as well as a free personal blender jar. But if you already have a blender that has the screw-off blade assembly, a regular mouth canning jar will fit on there, and you don't have to spend a dime. Just an FYI.

I really only used my magic bullet during the mushies stage, other than that I founf it to be a waste of money. They are not that powerful and generally I just found the food to get stuck in the blades, which are not that sharp to begin with.

I think a regular blender is more useful, especially as you start your Optifast. You will want to mix it with ice to make it thicker.

Andrew

ok so maybe its not that great with food :) but them margaritas! mm mm good! lol

I'm not banded yet but I have a Magic Bullet and I use it every single day. I make my Protein Shakes with it in the morning and for lunch and I blend up the milk, powder, and forzen fruit and it is perfect evry time, super easy to clean too. I also find that I am able to make a lot of heathy "treats" with it like salsa, guacamole, and hummus. I make Soups with it too. I know that I am going to get a ton more use out of it when everything has to be blended. Part of the reason I like it so much is that it is small so I can keep it on the counter all the time, as opposed to my bulky blender which I had to put away after each use due to limited counter space. It is a little pricy but you can get them at bed bath and beyond or linens and things with a 20% off coupon...then they are only about $35.

I bought a stick style hand blender for $12 and used it 3 or 4 times a day during my pre-op right up through the solids stage. Quick and easy to use, quick and easy clean up, no fuss. I'd recommend one of those for EVERY kitchen.

I agree with faithmd - I used a jar that had originally held spahetti sauce on my blender. Works great. Same size as a Magic Bullet.

I saw one at Target yesterday, they had a shelf with many TV ad sellers

I use my Magic Bullet at least 2-3 times a day (still on the mushies stage). I think it's the greatest thing since sliced bread (much greater since I can't have sliced bread!). I've never had anything get stuck in the blades and it chops everything really well.

This morning I threw in some milk, Isopure (chocolate), and a banana--10 seconds later--voila! a wonderful shake. Last night I put in some uncooked broccoli with a clove of garlic and some chicken broth, but on the steamer top, put it in the microwave for 2 minutes to cook broccoli, took it out, added some milk, grated cheese, and a little bit of leftover ham and zapped it for 20 seconds--mmmmm. Wonderful cream of broccoli-ham-cheese Soup. Hot! And no pans or cutting boards or knives or mess. I'm sounding like an infomercial!

That sounds good and easy, maybe I'll take trip back to Target and pick me up one of them! I thought I saw two sizes?? I have heard alot of good things about them here.

That sounds good and easy, maybe I'll take trip back to Target and pick me up one of them! I thought I saw two sizes?? I have heard alot of good things about them here.

There are two sizes of cups that come with it, but they are standard. Yesterday I watched an infomerical (honestly, the first in my life--it caught my eye because I'm such a fan of the Magic Bullet) and they showed some accessories that come with the TV offer--a full-size blender with a juicer attachment. I thought that looked interested and may be the other sized pkg. that you are referring to. Let me know if it is! I'd love to have the juicer attachment and sometimes a bigger blender would be nice (although I have a really good blender already, it's hard to clean). Thanks!

I will let you know. I didn't make it there tonight, had to run my son to the video game store and Walmart. I might try tomorrow.