Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

18 months post and its confession time,...

Had my surgery 11/20/12 and was 315 the day of surgery. Most people don't believe me because I am 6' tall. I carried my weight well, but at the end of the day I was morbidly obese.

I did get down to my lowest of 175 but that was short lived. Insert a bad relationship, holidays and a breakup and you have an increase up to 185-190. I am over it. And it is waaaay too close to 200 for my taste.

That allll being said. I need help from my fellow veterans. What are you all doing to get to target and maintain? I need some guidance and I'm not afraid to try new things. I had to stop Crossfit due to an injury that is finally appearing to have healed. I would dearly love to hear as much as I can from you guys. I may not post as much but I do read what you guys share.

Oh by the way, I also am experiencing reactive hypoglycemia and I'm trying to address that as well. Thanks in advance!!!!!

post-162578-0-48208900-1400701728_thumb.jpg

post-162578-0-55472000-1400701939_thumb.jpg

post-162578-0-66174000-1400701974_thumb.jpg

post-162578-0-09954500-1400701978_thumb.jpg

You look GREAT!

Low carb, high intensity interval training and 5;2 have all worked great for me.

tallysfunny

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

You look FAB---U-----LUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :) Trying to convey the vocal inflection in text just does not work.

I'm 6 feet tall too! I'm working to see 200 again.

Kathleen

Man, (or WO-man :) you look great!! I can understand what you are feeling, though. I'm at four years out, regained about 27 pounds in year three and had to make myself realize I was on a slippery slope and didn't like it at all.

I, too, used 5:2 to get the regain off and lost an additional 10 pounds. I'm somewhat relazed right now but use 5:2 to maintain and discipline myself.

At 6 feet, you probably could easily make 175-80 your target goal and maintain once your body adjusts to the new setpoint. You might look into the 5:2 or try the 8 hour window eating and go back to your basics first of all.

Good luck! And again, you can do this !

Here's the link to info on BP

http://www.bariatricpal.com/topic/291240-52-links-and-info/page-3

Edited by Georgia

You are BEAUTIFUL! I'm 6' 1&3/4". I'm struggling to get to 220. I was 325 pre-op and 307 on my DOS, but highest weight was 357. Our body types look very similar, carry most of my weight below the waist. I have been obese my entire life so the idea of reaching a "normal" BMI seems unrealistic to me. Been struggling for the past few months with the same 2 or 3 lbs. i keep saying I'm going to try the 5:2 diet but haven't gotten myself to do it yet, sigh.

Chelenka if you are healthier and happier than you were, if you are not "normal" BMI that's fine. I've seen before in the medical literature that said it is actually unrealistic to expect a % of people to get to normal weight, but with improvements in health.

In the end, isn't that what matters? Getting healthier?

@@tallysfunny You look great! Our surgeries were around the same time, and has gotten a little harder for me lately, too. I know that regain is a bite away for me. Life just gets in the way sometimes. My advice is to track what you eat, set a limit for yourself whether it's calories or volume, and pay attention to what you put in your mouth. It's so easy for me to slide a few extra calories here or there, and I don't pay attention it, the scale will start going in the wrong direction, And for me, it could be just a few hours, and I can do a LOT of damage in that time. With your hypoglycemia, a controlled diet of balanced protein/healthy carbs in small and frequent meals/snacks would probably really help, too. Whatever you find that works for you, the most important thing is that you've resolved to change it!

I have to weigh every day, keep crap foods out of the house, stock up on healthy, low cal choices, and weigh and measure foods to get back on track.

Lynda

Also, I make sure I'm drinking enough Water. I tend to slack off on Water, then crave more Snacks.

Lynda

You have done a great job, you look fantastic! I used the 5:2 to re-lose 22 pound regain, I still use it to maintain. With your blood sugar, you might want to split the 500-600 cals over the day instead of saving it all for dinner. That might help keep your blood sugar more stable. Maybe try it on a day you don't have much going on so you can see how you feel. I really like how it makes me feel. Best of luck, and welcome out of the lurking corner!