Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone have the sleeve surgery around may 7 2014?

As wondering if anyone was a couple weeks out so we could kind of compare talk and support each other thru this!

As wondering if anyone was a couple weeks out so we could kind of compare talk and support each other thru this!

Well hello, yes I was sleeved May 7, and it's working! It's also hard, I'm tired of Soups and sugar free Popsicles! I started pureed because I wasn't getting my Protein in! I feel so much better! How's it going for you?

Hello, I was also sleeved on the 7th, feeling great, no pain, also tired of Soups and sf popsicles! Have my 2 week post op this Thurs, and I hope I can start the pureed. Have been walking everyday. As of this morning lost a total of 15 since surgery day, and lost about 60 since Feb 10 (started new life style changes). Good luck and talk you guys real soon.

I had my surgery on May 5th. I must say that I have not been hungry, not had a craving and am feeling better every day. Had lots of pain the 1st week but I really think walking has helped me. I am 68 years old

I was sleeved on May 7th!

What did the dr say about purée food? What all can we have? I lost my food with info in it. I have my 2 week appt on wed.

What did the dr say about purée food? What all can we have? I lost my food with info in it. I have my 2 week appt on wed.

I was allowed puréed foods starting week 2, just think of mushy, soft, purée. So like I made homemade refried Beans, I made a can of tuna with a tiny bit of mayo and puréed it in the mini chopper. My husband made BBQ Tri Tip and I puréed that an had some mashed potatoes, I made a scrambled egg that was very moist and wet. just think NO big Chunks.

Edited by DaddyMarie

Awesome thanks. That helps a lot!!!

Had my sleeve march 6th and it seems like I have completely stopped losing weight

I haven't lost weight in 5 days :(

Me too, 2nd Time Around! I was sleeved May 5 and was steadily loosing, however...nothing for the past 5 days. I know it has to come off....I have not changed anything. I am till on liquids and will be for 2 more weeks. I am not discouraged just a tad disappointed.

I'm worried that I won't loose big like a lot of people do...

Don't be worried. Follow the doctor's orders and you will be fine. Everyone looses at their own pace. Get out there and walk. I downloaded the app Map My Steps to my phone and carry it with me. Every day I try to walk further and a little faster. Some days I don't achieve my goal but I keep trying. And so should you! Have confidence in yourself. The weight WILL come off!!! Always remember this sleeve is a tool not a miracle cure. You are going to do this!!!!

I want to connect with you all too because it sounds like we are all going through the same thing! I have even gained wait since my surgery. ( I actually think my scale doesn't work because seriously how could I have gained two pounds? I am hovering around 20 pounds at this point. I'm not worried about it because I think to myself would I change anything ? Do I feel deprived? The answer is no to both. I am happy with how I feel and how my body has been changing. I can't believe that I can eat so little and be satisfied and not crave for anything. Yeah May sleevers, let's keep supporting each other. I can't wait to see where we are a year from now!