Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

5 months: 60 lbs gone. Onederland!

Good Tuesday, all. I simply must share. For the first time in (what, over 20 years?), I am in "Onederland"! Oh my goodness.

My maximum weight ever was 271.2. VSG surgery was Dec. 4th; weight then, 257. I'm at 5 months, one week; I feel great physically/emotionally; 60 pounds gone as of today, and in Onederland. OMG. Yes, looking sexy; looking good, feeling confident, being much more sociable. (Noticing men noticing me more than usual.)

Despite occasional yearning for a "full, regular meal," I'm loving my VSG.

I hope the pic I uploaded shows; and for sure, I need to take more pics of me, my shape, transition.

Now, the challenge: What do I eat to Celebrate? Maybe some Haagen-Daaz, or should I bake a pie? LOL. :-)

Edited by Dr-Patient

THAT IS WONDERFUL!!!! Reward yourself with something new... like new shoes, a new top - earings... not food. im so FLIPPING EXCITED for you!!!! heres to may more lost pounds :)

Congrats to you! What an amazing feat in such a short amount of time! I have to agree with @@skinnygirlwithin, though. Reward yourself with a new outfit, mani/padi, a new hair do; not food. Good luck to you and your continued success!

Thanks! It's funny: 'celebrate with food' is my usual 'go-to' thought (and I was teasing a slight bit).

I am having fun trying on clothes I've stored in bins, and clothes in stores that are size 14, even a size 12...down from 22/24. This really feels good. I am so glad I did this, as I'm sure practically everyone who's done it is, as well. Thank you again.

Congratulations on your success. I Celebrate every five pounds down with a non-food reward. I buy something I have been putting off because I was hiding behind my weight or did not feel special enough to spend money on my self or do something fun that does not necessarily cost money. The most recent reward I bought was a new omelet skillet, since I was wearing my other one out.

Other rewards on my list are to do fun things that I did not feel like doing because my weight hindered me from being flexible and mobile. The south side of Chicago is flat as window glass, but I would like to go to a park somewhere and walk up a hill without my back brace or a cane or someone's elbow. I think I will make that my goal reward. So, put your thinking cap on and come up with some non-food rewards that would make you happy.

I am so excited for you. My starting weight is 257 and I am have sleeve surgery very soon. I meet the surgeon on 5/20/14 and then the date for surgery. I have met all my requirements so I am good to go. Do you have an issue with excess skin? Hope my 5 months out looks and feels similar to yours!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

Amazing! Congrats!!! Watch out for the sharks. 🦈

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches