Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2007 Bandsters

That congrats message was to mjsafari.

Suzzzie---If it were me, I would put the responsibility and ownership of her behavior on her. She should confess her conversations to her mother and not you. If you allow her to tell it, you're holding her accountable and you're not being a tattle-tale. However, you are letting her know that you don't condone her speech. You might not be kewl anymore (not for a while anyway...) but rest assure, she'll get over it.

I would call my niece and tell her that you read her stuff and SHE has two days to tell your sister-in-law. Let her know that you will expect for her mom to call you about the conversation (that way you can confirm that she actually told). Tell her that if you have not received a call in two days that YOU will be contacting her mother.

Lennie, congrats on the weight loss. Having a partner in crime is helpful! Congrats to your dd on the upcoming nuptials. Oh, stay away from heavy objects! Ouch!! :rolleyes:

Suzz, congrats on the date. A fireman...whoohoo! I'd say keep your options open, you're hot property now!

MJ is in ONEDERLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great job! I think the Junies need a club for the Onederlanders!

Me, I can't lose an ounce if my life depended on it. I set out to lose 40 about two weeks ago, and I'm down 3 pounds. Still not where my ticker says I'm at, I'm hanging at 237. Okay, you guys, I want you to hold me accountable. I'm on a mission....Rhonda's Fit & Fabulous Forty-Pound Firtness Fantasy! I have 23 more weeks left.

Suzzzie---If it were me, I would put the responsibility and ownership of her behavior on her. She should confess her conversations to her mother and not you. If you allow her to tell it, you're holding her accountable and you're not being a tattle-tale. However, you are letting her know that you don't condone her speech. You might not be kewl anymore (not for a while anyway...) but rest assure, she'll get over it.

I would call my niece and tell her that you read her stuff and SHE has two days to tell your sister-in-law. Let her know that you will expect for her mom to call you about the conversation (that way you can confirm that she actually told). Tell her that if you have not received a call in two days that YOU will be contacting her mother.

Oh, BigBaby...I think we must be sisters separated at birth! That is SO what I would do, too! That is a true mentoring action, making her fess up and be responsible for her actions. I swear your very words sound just like me, it's scary!

Me, I can't lose an ounce if my life depended on it. I set out to lose 40 about two weeks ago, and I'm down 3 pounds. Still not where my ticker says I'm at, I'm hanging at 237. Okay, you guys, I want you to hold me accountable. I'm on a mission....Rhonda's Fit & Fabulous Forty-Pound Firtness Fantasy! I have 23 more weeks left.

I know you can do this, Rhonda! You have GOT to just make up your mind to do what you know you must...eat right and exercise! And are you staying away from the wine now? You better be! I'll gitcha!

And...ummm....ticker? What ticker? You have an invisible ticker? LOL

I know you can do this, Rhonda! You have GOT to just make up your mind to do what you know you must...eat right and exercise! And are you staying away from the wine now? You better be! I'll gitcha!

And...ummm....ticker? What ticker? You have an invisible ticker? LOL

Thanks Stef. Yes, it's definitely about getting the right mindset and walking past those Snacks in the store...like someone said you still want them but you don't get them. I do stay away from wine. I can't metabolize it any more. More than 3 glasses and I vent all my emotions, good and bad. I'm a shy person, and usually fairly reserved. Blacking out and being an idiot is not the "me" I want people to see.

I didn't mean my ticker-ticker...I just put my stats in my siggie line. I can't seem to add a ticker because it says too many lines. Is there a secret to getting all that stuff...pics....tag lines...etc., in your siggie?

Thanks Stef. Yes, it's definitely about getting the right mindset and walking past those Snacks in the store...like someone said you still want them but you don't get them. I do stay away from wine. I can't metabolize it any more. More than 3 glasses and I vent all my emotions, good and bad. I'm a shy person, and usually fairly reserved. Blacking out and being an idiot is not the "me" I want people to see.

I didn't mean my ticker-ticker...I just put my stats in my siggie line. I can't seem to add a ticker because it says too many lines. Is there a secret to getting all that stuff...pics....tag lines...etc., in your siggie?

You are right about the mindset...I still look for those mint milk chocolate covered Oreos that I discovered last summer. Thank dog I never find them! I don't think I could walk away. Everything else, I just don't think about it or I'd have to have everything in sight. Good for you on the wine...I remembered that used to be a real enjoyment of yours and it was holding your weight loss back. Sorry to hear what happens to you now with it, but hey! Whatever works to keep you off the juice, girlie! LOL

Yeah, I'm shy and reserved, too. <choke/cough/gag/fart> :)

Gotcha on the ticker/siggie thing. No, you just gotta play with it a lot sometimes. They can be finicky, for sure. I have set many up for folks using a temporary password into their account, then they changed it back to the one they wanted. From there you can click on the ticker and personalize it how you want. I just set one up for a member earlier today, as a matter of fact.

I can do that for you if you like and you are comfortable with it. My feelings won't be hurt if you say no! Well, I won't cry for very long, anyhow. :) LOL

Thanks Bigbaby - it is good to finally be here. I think I weigh less than when we got married!

Suzzie - I agree with the plan - she needs your guidance. what if she was discussing drugs or smoking - I doubt you would hesitate. No way an 11 y/o should be "making out" with anyone! How old is the boy? they do deserve some freedom, but they definitely need guidance whether they like it or not!

Hubby is doing good. He still has burning sometimes, but not as bad as before. He was already scheduled for next Wednesday, so hopefully we can talk to the doctor together about what to next for him. He is ready for a fill, but may need another scope, so I am not sure if he will get one. thanks for asking!

Stef--you know we are sisters!!!

I am in the same boat when it comes to Snacks. Rhonda--If I like it, I don't buy it. For example, I NEVER buy chips...I LOVE chips. If I want chips, I wait until someone else buys some and beg for a few.....I know it's silly, but it keeps me from eating an entire bag in one day. The other day I was in target and bought a bag of "chocolate monkey"===trail mix with chocolate. I vowed never to buy it again!!!! I ate so much that I couldn't eat lunch.< /p>

Now I buy 100 calorie packs--but it does not good because I'll eat 2 a day....they are just so easy and filling!!! I had to stop and make myself eat a piece of fish today so that I could have Protein. Then I washed it down with a 100 cal. pack

Have any of you tried the South Beach Dark Chocolate Covered Soynuts? They are 100 cal a pack--but expensive ($3.something) for a box

I heart all ya'll.

I emailed my sis in law today and asked when she last checked Aimee's Bebo account. She said it's bee a few weeks... I told her to sit down with Aimee and have her show her all of the mail msgs and such. I also asked that she have Aimee talk to her about her bf some more... and if she's ever considered having 'the talk' with her. I told her that if they (her and my bro) didn't feel comfortable talking to their 11 year old daughter about sex and consequenses that I would be happy to do it. It would probably be more comfortable for all three of them, Lol. Plus, I'm a nurse so I can show her nasty pics of icky STDs. gag! I dunno... I just want to keep my babies safe!

We'll see how it all goes. I swear, if i felt like it was my 'place' that I would have gone ahead and had a full scale talk with her when we were in the car and she'd opened the conversation initially... but yeah... I don't want to overstep my role. I just think thats a parent thing. And if I had kids I'd want to be the one to do the talking.

CONGRATS to everyone who is making prgress!

O2B (Rhonda, Lol) - Hang in tehre. 3 pounds in 2 weeks is NOT bad!

Stef - where are our workout schedules you were working on? I know you said your comp crashed or something... have you been able to re-store it yet?

Stef - where are our workout schedules you were working on? I know you said your comp crashed or something... have you been able to re-store it yet?

DAG NABBIT, SUZZZIE!!!! Why, why, why...do you love me enough to always call me on the freaking carpet?!?!? LOL

No, I actually have no excuse whatsoever...other than I've been super busy. They are actually almost complete, but this week is a mess, so I will finish up this weekend. I wanted to make sure I had pics of all the exercises so my girlies don't hurt themselves!

I'm sorry...you know I love y'all!

Y'all are so funny!! It's like I know y'all or something :)

Suzzzie - I think you definitely did the right thing!! HOLY COW - making out at 11!!! My baby turned 11 today, and boys are still mostly icky. (Thank you Lord!!) I can't imagine at her age .... well I'll just stop with that thought.

My dear niece started experimenting with boys at 16 and got caught - I thought my sister was going to kill her!! Either she's decided to be a good girl now, or she's just better at not getting caught.

Stef - I'm glad to know you are still working on it. I'm a complete and total dork about this workout stuff!!

So... Ya'll know I got my fill about 5 weeks ago. I've been fighting heartburn/reflux (same thing really) for about the last 3 weeks. I took 3 days worth of Omeprazole 20mg and was good to go, felt perfect. Then a few days went by and the acid flaired up again. I have been taking an omeprazole 2x week since then. Well... so Tuesday afternoon the reflux started acting up while I was at work I was going to take abnother pill that night, and I did... but yesterday (wednesday) it was worse, so I took another pill last night. And I woke up at 5am today in such pain!! I was laying in bed and could feel the acid bubbling up my esophogus like lava in a volcano. I just got out of bed, I couldn't take it anymore! I went to work and suffered all day. It basically feels like there is a golfball in my throat. It's painful to swallow around it too. Sometimes it feels like my heart is going to beat out of my throat. Sometimes it feels like the golfball is going to jump out of my mouth.

As far as I can tell my band is FINE. What I have eaten/drank today goes down through the band without any problems. I've eaten all of about 5 almonds, 1 teeeeny bite of cheesecake... and I've sipped on Protein Shake all day, though I've probably only gotten in about 20oz. I'm trying to sip on a glass of light apple juice now. But wowza... golfball doesn't like it. I keep getting the hiccup-burps which don't help.

I'm going in to the NP on MODAY at 1130 to get a MINOR unfill. I'm aiming for no more than 0.5cc out. Over the phone the NP agreed with that... she really wanted to take out 1cc.

Wahhhhhh! I know i"m just whining here... so sorry.

Did I mention that Monday is my birthday? I totally don't want to get an unfill for my birthday. Lol.

Tomorrow is the 1 year anniversary from my initial consultation for the band. I can't believe it's been a year since I got this ball rolling. :thumbup: Yay!

Suzzzie sorry to hear about your troubles...hopefully you can talk the NP into only doing .5cc

I'm sure the acid is not good for your esophagus.

Do you have an update on your sisnlaw/niece? Just curious

BB - Haven't heard anything from my sis in law... I'll talk to them on Monday though, cause I know the kids will call me for my birthday. Lol.

I'm feeling a bit better tonight... the 'golfball' feeling has gone down to maybe a 'ping pong ball' feeling. Lol. I've drank some apple juice and ate a few crackers. I'm going to sleep sitting up in the recliner tonight...

Suzzzie - be careful!! The pain part sounds so scary. I'll be praying for you over the weekend so you can make it till Monday!