Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2007 Bandsters

HOLLI! Been wondering where you got off to! So glad to hear about your milestone! Congrats and PLEASE keep posting! We missed you!

Java, nice to see you posting!

Wow, this forum is so amazing! So many good discussion points really have me thinking.

Holli, congrats on the 100# loss! Whoohooooo!!

I noticed that several of the other months have a "name"--Do we need one? Any suggestions???

I completed week 2 of the C2K5 today!!! YEA ME!! I was sharing with the lady next to me that I had the lapband (yes--I'll tell anyone who wants to know!!) and I began to discuss what a terrific support system I have on LBT--and how encouraging each person is--and supportive because they're in there experiencing it WITH you.

With that being said....THANK EACH OF YOU FOR YOUR POSTS--THOSE WHERE WE GRIPE, COMPLAIN AND ENCOURAGE---each serves it purpose and have been helpful in this journey....

love 2 u all!!

AWWW, BigBaby! How sweet! I'm so glad we are all here for each other, too! What a strange and wonderfully varied bunch we are, huh? I love it!

I seem to remember us discussing the name thing early on and thought we agreed we kind of liked being different and having no name.

Besides I'm not a big fan of those flashing name banners...

Holli, CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!

anyone here had the flu with vomitting since being banded? My husband and 2 kids all have it and were throwing up tonight. My hands are raw from all the washing, plus the clorox wipes, lisol and febreeze. I am so afraid I'm next. I haven't had anything like this for years and years. Last time I threw up was from drinking too much way before bandland. Is it ok to throw up with the band? Has anyone?

I remember it talked about that in my discharge instructions after getting banded. With my doc, repeated vomiting requires an immediate unfill. I have gotten sick once and vomited once, and was fine. As we all know, all docs are different, so if you've kept all your paperwork, you might check there to see what your doc says. If not, I would call the office on Monday...sooner if you begin to get sick.

I hope it will skip past you for being such a good wife and mom and taking such good care of them!

Yep. My Doc says immidiate unfil with vomiting as well. It helps prevent a slip.

I got a bill frommy insurance company the other day saying that I owe my provider nearly $300 for my last fill!?!?!? I paid my $15 co-pay... but since they do fills under flouro they charged the insurance like nearly $900!!! What is up with the health care system?!?! It sure didn't feel like a $900 procedure! I hope when the Center bills me that it isn't what my insurnace told me. THats crazy crazy! I can't pay it! Ugh. I think self-payers only pay like $150 per fill. Lol.

OK. I gotta go to work people. Have a good day.

Hi all - just checking in. I haven't had much to say lately, but like everyone else I try to keep up with the reading. I am in a tough spot right now. Since my unfill, I have gone from not being able to eat anything, to being able to eat WAY too much, to just about the sweet spot again. BUT I also have stopped taking my birth control pills this month - I talked to my GYN about it and she suggested I stop, because I felt like they were making me too hungry 2 weeks out of the month (my tubes are tied, so I was only taking them for PCOS control). Well now that my own hormones are in charge, I am hungry ALL the time and craving chocolate and salt. Like Suzzie always says - chocolate goes down just fine, so I have tried not to keep it around. I think about potato chips ALOT, but I have tried to stick to sunflower seeds to help with this craving. Through all this I have stayed between 208 and 210. I finally hit 207 yesterday and today, but I don't know if that will last. I definitely understand part of the reason I gained weight before!

Enough complaining, no one said it would be easy! I hope everyone has a good Sunday!

Well, after hearing 2 people compliment my weight loss yesterday and 3 people today... I'm feeling pretty good. I'm still highly aggitated at my weakness for chocolate - I really think I mostly eat it now cause it goes down so smoothly (like Missy just said - I always say that!) I still weight between 291 and 294. Everyday the scale just bounces around and picks one at random. I'm about to toss it out in the trash and get a new one. Maybe it's just broken. Lol. Naw, its the chocolate!

Really though, I haven't been logging my foods lately. I find it difficult to log things like "3 bites Pasta, 4 grapes" Ya know? I'm sure my calories are down around 1000 a day, even with the chocolate. I think my body is rebelling against weightloss!!! Argh! I need to EXERCISE. Where is our Super Moderator/Aspiring Personal Trainer Stef?!? She needs to do a house call for me and kick my butt in gear!!

ANYWAY... THanks for checking in Missy! Alwyas good to hear from you and EVERYONE else!!

Missy and Suzzie - keep plugging away. We're all only human and can't make perfect dietary choices every single time. chocolate is my dark master also.

Holli I am so proud of you. 100 pounds in such a short time is so amazing. What did you children and husband say? I have lost 70 right now but am (was?) gunning for 100 by my first bandiversary. Not looking good lately but I haven't given up.

I think a few icons are in order for this milestone.

CONGRATULATIONS HOLLI! 100 POUNDS.

:eek::thumbdown::frown:

:blush:

Ok I really need some help. I haven't posted much lately because I am really not happy with my band. I do read every day. I am kind of addicted. Anyway,I have only 1.5ml in a 4ml band. My problem is I cannot figure out if it is restriction or food getting stuck. I have a problem eating alot of different kinds of foods. When I am eating I try to count to 40 but I always seem to swallow some of it before I get to 40. I think some old habits die hard. I have been playing with the last few pounds for a couple of months now. I am afraid of getting a fill, because I pb alot already. Probably 3 to 4 times a week, if not more. I really haven't exercised much because the weather here is crappy and walking is the favorite form of exercise. Also of course all the bad stuff goes through the band with ease. I.E. chips, chocolate, Cookies, and ice cream. :):confused::)

HUNTERSMOM - I am in exactly the same boat as you. My last fill was early October. Up till then, I had been getting fills religiously every month with no problems. I get stuck quite often, and have been hesitant to get a fill. However, I have not lost much weight at all since October and I've finally gotten fed up. So I scheduled a fill and I get it in the morning. We will see how it goes...I will be sure to pay very close attention to how I feel and post it. Maybe it will help you. I just finally had to "get off the fence" and get a fill to see if it would work. It's been WAY too long since my last.

Y'all wish me luck, please....and pray that this fill goes okay! This is a scary one for me...they've never bothered me before. I hope I can eat anything at all afterwards!

I RARELY PB, and I have great restriction. Maybe ya'll should make note of the foods that you PB and avoid them? For me it is meats, the really fiberous veggies (lettuce, broccoli) and cake and donuts. (had my first PB in about a month yesterday - after eating 1/2 of a glazed donut - but DAMN it was good!)

Today I went to Panera with a friend and ordered ther Vegetarian Black Bean Soup. Sooo good, but I only ate about 1/3 of the small bowl. Of course I ate the bag of potato chips without any issues! Then we went to Starbucks and I ordered a light caramel Frapp and a sugar cookie - their Cookies are HUGE, I could only eat about half. We decided that next time we go that we'll just order one cookie and split it. Lol. Ohhh... Joy.

food food food. I was talking to my friend Brian (who drove me the day I had surgery) and he wanted to know what I eat now and then we went into an hour long discussion of what I used to eat pre-op vs. now. ha! I remember when going to a buffet was like a challenge - to eat as much as possible! I'd have a game plan as to what to eat first, etc... NOW the thought of a buffet sickens me! I know I can't eat enough to make it worth it at all... I'm at the point where I hate food. All except for my old standby (creamy frozen goodness)... I was thinking about Alli to make me quit eating bad sugar stuff... cause doesn't it cause diarrhea when you eat high fat foods? That would scare me! And... I'd have a very clean colon! Ha! Soo... I think some of you have mentioned Alli before, what do you think? is it worth it at all? Is it a big pill... can I swallow it?

I'm just grasping at straws... and being all super long winded here.

Sorry so long and rambly.