Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2007 Bandsters

Hey, I thought I was really in pain. The suture spots were a little sore but I really thought I was in pain....it was gas. Somehow I figured out how to relieve some of that pressure (I know, tmi) and now I don't even feel like I had surgery at all, I feel 100%. Once I get this tether ball off that the doctor attached, which by the way was the most annoying part of it all, I'll be great.

I had to advise some new freshmen today so it was kind of hard but that was apparently due to the gas.

I should be able to work a full day on Monday judging by the way I feel right now.

I haven't even been hungry yet and have to remind myself to drink something, so we'll see how this goes.

Congrats to the latest bandsters, let us know how you're doing.

Once I get this tether ball off that the doctor attached, which by the way was the most annoying part of it all, I'll be great.

Glad you're feeling better :) Yep that gas pain can REALLY be, well, painful!!!

I have to ask...what is the "Ball" I hear people talking about and what's it for?

Hello June Bandsters,

Just reporting on my successful banding June 6th. I hope all my fellow "sixers" did well.

My apologies for not posting before, but I am feeling kind of tired. And yes like everyone else the gas pain can be a challenge. Still feeling a bit lethargic today, but not sure if that is the surgery or having just liquids. Today is the first day of pureed food so we will see how that goes.

Certain this has been said before but just in case, when I came home June 7, I weighed myself. I was up 6 lbs. Next day Friday it was all gone. So don't be concerned if you are up after surgery. Your body is holding all the liquids.

Wishing success and comfort to the upcoming bandsters.

Clarice

Hey, I thought I was really in pain. The suture spots were a little sore but I really thought I was in pain....it was gas. Somehow I figured out how to relieve some of that pressure (I know, tmi) and now I don't even feel like I had surgery at all, I feel 100%. Once I get this tether ball off that the doctor attached, which by the way was the most annoying part of it all, I'll be great.

I had to advise some new freshmen today so it was kind of hard but that was apparently due to the gas.

I should be able to work a full day on Monday judging by the way I feel right now.

I haven't even been hungry yet and have to remind myself to drink something, so we'll see how this goes.

Congrats to the latest bandsters, let us know how you're doing.

Glad you're feeling better :) Yep that gas pain can REALLY be, well, painful!!!

I have to ask...what is the "Ball" I hear people talking about and what's it for?

I can only guess (and I know we've asked the "ball" question before and I think it went unanswered!) but I will guess that the "ball" is a JP drain. Sometimes placed post-op to drain off any excess fluids.

If anyone knows for SURE can you speak up?? I don't want one! Haha.

Goodmorning all. I feel better than I did at 1 this morning. I guess every day will be a large improvement! I did drink an entire Slimfast with Protein and now water.Maybe I will try a strained Soup at lunch to give me some more energy!

Gasssss. is an understatement! I have been using the heating pad and taking gas x. I have been to the bathroom a few times too, so hopefully it will ALL get out! I plan to walk outside today and take my first shower.

I will check in later to see how everyone is doing. I know we are all different. I did not think of the scale, I will hold off for now!

captain danbo, I am guessing you are a fisherman. I am from a family of the fishing industry and I am glad too see that some one is still working in it. My family owns a business that is going out of business because the lack of fishing. It is going to be good for you if you like fish. Alot of people are telling me that fish goes down the best.

Hello June group! I had my band put in Monday, June 4th. The liquid stage is boring but after reading this forum I realize how important it is to follow the path of recovery. I am looking forward to the life changes that are coming. Would I do the procedure again? At this point .... YES! I hope all is going well for those of you who have had the procedure and best wishes for all who are coming up.

Hi Everyone,

My surgery itself went well yesterday. I had TERRIBLE gas pains immediately after waking up and was screaming in pain for at least an hour or two. I think they put me in a recovery room with nurses who weren't too familiar with Lapband patients and they kept trying to give me ginger ale for the gas! Finally my doctor came in and had them give me Water. After walking around the hospital I felt okay enough to go home, but the drive home was excrutiating.

I barely slept last night because I couldn't find a comfortable position. Today...I still feel like sh*t. Trying to walk around the house to get the gas out (and it's coming slowly). I'm so groggy, I don't think I can muster up the strength to walk around my neighborhood. I don't think the GasX strips do a damn thing, but that's just my opinion.

I also have a LOT of throat pain from the anesthesia. Thankfully I had picked up some Ricola before the surgery -- these are great to have for soothing your throat if you have pain there.

I'm on vicodin and that doesn't seem to be helping either. On the plus side, I haven't had a problem drinking the liquids that I need. I've been so thirsty, it's actually hard to not chug them! :girl_hug:

Hope everyone else is dong well.

Hang in there Lucy, it gets better. The sore throat was the worst for me. I've had a tube down my throat for surgery twice before this one and I was by far more hoarse this time than any other time. It cleared up in a couple of days tho. Glad you're home safe and sound. Don't worry about walking around the block yet. Before you know it, you'll be itching to get out of the house and walk! :girl_hug:

Hi,

I'm scheduled for surgery on June 22 - am on day 2 of the pre-op diet. I have "lurked" a while on this website and plan to participate more now that I am in the active phase. I have learned a lot from everyone who is willing to share.

One thing I haven't figured out is how do you get your Ticker.com transferred to this website and associated with your log-on?

Thanks!

Wow...very bad day. I went out on my patio to have a cigarette earlier. (It is 92 degrees outside today.) When I came in, I was making a grocery list for my mom to get for the kiddos when extreme nausea washed over me and I nearly passed out. :faint:

I was able to make it to my bed and that helped to be able to lay down, but then the nausea turned to cold sweats, so I'm not sure what any of that was. I'm just glad it is over for now.

I'm one day out and not a happy camper, but I'm sure every day will be much better than the day before. (Right? :help: LOL)

I hope all "Junies" are doing well, Stef

Hi,

I'm scheduled for surgery on June 22 - am on day 2 of the pre-op diet. I have "lurked" a while on this website and plan to participate more now that I am in the active phase. I have learned a lot from everyone who is willing to share.

One thing I haven't figured out is how do you get your Ticker.com transferred to this website and associated with your log-on?

Thanks!

Go to where you edit your signatire and paste the ticker.com code into the box there. Save. And it will work fine. :girl_hug:

Wow...very bad day. I went out on my patio to have a cigarette earlier. (It is 92 degrees outside today.) When I came in, I was making a grocery list for my mom to get for the kiddos when extreme nausea washed over me and I nearly passed out. :faint:

I was able to make it to my bed and that helped to be able to lay down, but then the nausea turned to cold sweats, so I'm not sure what any of that was. I'm just glad it is over for now.

I'm one day out and not a happy camper, but I'm sure every day will be much better than the day before. (Right? :help: LOL)

I hope all "Junies" are doing well, Stef

That happens to me when my blood sugar gets low. But since it went away (for you) without eating or srinking anything, I"m not sure what happened. Hang in there!

Hi everyone,

OK, so 3 days to go till surgery. I've finally come to peace with my clear liquid pre-op diet. Which is a good thing since I'm on liquids for one month after surgery. The first week - Clear Liquids with no Protein Drinks. that might be hard but hopefully I wont' be hungry.

I'm trying to gear myself up for the gas pain. It seems that almost everyone has it. My doctor said that gas-x or phazyme wont do any good because the gas isn't inside your organs. It was pumped into your stomach and has to dissipate through the tissue. So he said not to waste my money. Did anyone find that this truly helped or do you think it was a "mental" help? (Does that make sense?)

To everyone who just had surgery, keep your chin up. It sounds like it gets better everyday. I'm praying for all of you to feel better very quickly.

take care.

The ball releases an anesthetic directly into the abdomen and lasts about 3-5 days. It's time released. It's not a drainage thing.

Does eveyone get a "ball"? I never heard of this before and my doctor did not mention it.

Lucy, I hear your pain! I tried to sleep in my bed last night but decided it was not working and came down in the recliner. I feel better today than I did yesterday. I really think it is the pain killers that makes you feel worse, just my opinion. I decided to switch to my liquid tylenol only when I need it. the othe stuff made me feel slowed down and killed my appetite to the point of no Water and no Protein, and that was not good. I am still having to push the liquids. My main issues is getting up from sitting and the gas. i don 't see myself walking very far, maybe to the corner and back when my DH gets home. Hang in there !!! Together we will be thinner!

Toni,mm and other earlier Junebees, when does the stomach feel a little better to get up? Are you sleeping in a regular bed?

Back to my exciting slimfast!