Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2007 Bandsters

Hi all, I feel absolutely terrible right now. I've cheated on my pre-op diet twice in the last 24 hours.

I am right there with you. But hey, this is why we are getting the surgery in the first place, right?? Just let it go and move on to tomorrow. I've been on my pre-op diet for 8 days now (I think) and have cheated on two days, once really really bad. I started getting super depressed when I realized I have a disease and do my best when I can. Most days I have been wonderful it's when I get overwhelmed or stressed that I binge eat like that. This surgery won't let me binge anymore so I know I will be okay. Try not to let it bring you down. YOU ARE NOT ALONE. If we could do this on our own 24/7 we wouldn't need surgery.

That said - I find that as I get closer to my surgery I am very afraid to cheat anymore. I'm afraid the doctor will take one look at my liver and tell me to go home and try again. I'm sure as your surgery is closer you won't cheat anymore either. :-)

Marlynncreel, <O:p</O:pJava, and <O:p</O:pDakota'84 YOU ARE UP! Woo Hoo! And if today's surgeries are any indication of how you are going to do tomorrow....you're going to do GREAT! We've already got posters from TODAY'S BANDSTERS. And I love these stories:

lo2us, Woman!, I cannot believe you WOKE UP! I bet your anesthetist about fainted!!!! That was my biggest fear, that I would wake up! How surreal that must've felt!?!? I hope the rest of your experience was a good one. Are they making you (and everyone) use a breathing machine thingy at home to keep your lungs clear/strong? I've been bad about using it....but I'm sure they're clear as a bell.

Congrats on your AP Band, Becks! I'm so envious that you are a size small. I don't know what size I am, but I bet it's not small! Your whole post had me smiling ----- glad you had such an awesome experience!!!!

Dawneb....I don't want to sound encouraging, so put DOWN the fork around future sightings of mac -n- cheese, :) but I cheated on my pre-op diet. For Pete's sake I even sampled my sister's cookie dough. :opps2: and my pre-op diet was cut short, it was one week vs two, and I still was banded with a liver that looked "Great". I'm NOT advocating cheating....just forgiveness and to try again tomorrow just like Pippz suggested!

Well, Hunter'sMom....I just had a Protein Shake for dinner, so you know what that means.....:brushteeth:

Cheers!

Toni

Hi to all the June bandsters, I thought I would say hello and join this thread I am having my surgery June 14th.I live in Nashville TN and am having my surgery here. My surgeon is David Dyer. I am so excited , I feel like I have been waiting forever for this day to come.

For those of you who have already had the surgery ,how is your recovery coming along? I'm hoping to be up and driving in a week. Is that hoping for too much? I know everyone is different with their recovery time, I'm just wondering I guess what is the average time where you can be moving around without a lot of discomfort.

Thanks

Laura

Lisa H, I asked my surgeon about the new band and he told me the same thing -- that it was going to be a remote-control fill system. I'm in Miami, so we are pretty close -- maybe it's a Florida thing? :)

I'm actually very content with getting the "old" band. I would rather my doc install something he is used to and not experiement on me!

Good luck to all of you going in tomorrow! I will be joining you on Friday!!!!

I did my pre-op today. Now I'm starting to feel excited but nervous at the same time. One more week to go!

Congrats to everyone!

For those of you who have already had the surgery ,how is your recovery coming along? I'm hoping to be up and driving in a week. Is that hoping for too much?

Hi Laura,

I really babied myself, and I was up and driving on the 4th day, and I have a manual transmission. I totally could've done it sooner, though. I was just erring on the side of being a baby!!!!! :) HTH!

Toni

Toni, that's good to know about the driving. Are you able to get around and be on your feet for a while without a lot of discomfort?

Laura

Toni, that's good to know about the driving. Are you able to get around and be on your feet for a while without a lot of discomfort?

Laura

I'll be honest....I would look like a Neanderthal :eek without my liquid hydrocodone the first two days only....I was sore, but I bet there are others who could tend a garden and wash windows on day one! I'm telling you, Laura, you'll be fine as frog's hair!:gluck:

----Toni

Oh Laura...and I was climbing our stairs to the 2nd floor where my bedroom is on day one! Woo Hoo! (but if you have a recliner, you may decide to sleep in it the first night or so.....)

I'm baaack! Got home at 1pm.

So far I feel good, even the gas doesn't feel that bad. I did wake up as they were taking that trac tube out and faught and F-worded all those poor nuses! I NEVER say that word, I think that's what made me realize I was dopey bad! I also managed to punch myself right in the port while I was fighting too and I made it bleed! After I stopped hyperventillating (however you spell it), I realized I was okay and calmed down. I can't believe how tiny the incisions are, and mine are WAY higher up than those of you I've seen. Mine are all around the bra line, even the port. I thought that was weird. Maybe I had more belly to cut through and Dr. H went through my slimmest fat roll! HA! The worst part was the not being able to breath because I was fighting so hard, I totally wasn't expecting that. Once I got my mind back, I've decided that my LASIK surgery was more annoying than this. Those y'all who are about to get this done, and are nervous about pain, right now I feel like I've done a bunch of crunches and that's it. I haven't needed the nausea or pain meds yet too. Will that come later. I'm having trouble sitting still and being good when I'm not up walking.

I lost 17lbs on the preop diet and was stunned when they weighed me. About 10 more lbs and I will be rid of baby weight and will be starting on my fat girl weight.

Thank you all for supporting me through this, I really think it's going to save my life and help me be a better Mom.

Sorry to write so much, but I'm astonished at how easy this was.

This is very encouraging! Thank you for posting!! I'm planning on returning to work after only 2 days. (Yes, we've established that I am crazy.)

I did my pre-op today. Now I'm starting to feel excited but nervous at the same time. One more week to go!

Congrats to everyone!

The week will fly, PBern! Just fly! :)

This is very encouraging! Thank you for posting!! I'm planning on returning to work after only 2 days. (Yes, we've established that I am crazy.)

Suzzzie! You are nuts!:faint:

WOW all you folks just hopping and bopping right after surgery, I am hoping that I am that good after mine on Monday!

All of you that have already been banded, where are your incisions and how big are they? How many do you have? I have been curious about that because I saw some folks only have 4, some have 5 and a few have 6, I was wondering what determines how many you have? Are you'll using anything on your incisions to hopefully not have scars?

I went shopping today and got some Liquid Protein, they are in like little test tubes, I hope they don't taste to putrid, got lots of chicken broth and some Mosi *sp?*soup. The guy at the nutrition store gave me some samples of vanilla Cinnimon and German chocolate Protein shakes, he said they are the best he has ever had, I guess I will try them and see. He looked pretty BUFF so I am thinking he has drank quite a few!!! I also got a one serving blender.

Good luck to everyone tomorrow!

Loving to read about all of you! I'm tomorrow too!!!!! Ready to see what my experience will be like!!!!! Good luck to all of you Marlynncreel, <O:p</O:pJava, and <O:p</O:pDakota'84 (and anyone else I missed!!) I'm at noon tomorrow! I'm anxious to check in tomorrow night and see how it went for the rest of you!

Loving sto read about all of you! I'm tomorrow too!!!!! Ready to see what my experience will be like!!!!! Good luck to all of you Marlynncreel, <O:p</O:pJava, and <O:p</O:pDakota'84 (and anyone else I missed!!) I'm at noon tomorrow! I'm anxious to check in tomorrow night and see how it went for the rest of you!

{{{{{{{{{{{ SimplyMe }}}}}}}}}}}}}}} sorry I missed you! Best of luck and wishes for smooth sailing tomorrow! Please check in as soon as you feel up to it!!!!!

More Hugs,

Toni