Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I dont know what my base weight will be after this surgery and what it will take me down too or how much work it will take to maintain it. I am finding this stage of the diet a real challenge as my brain keeps screaming for some texture in my food. But im committed to making it work and especially looking forward to increasing my activity levels as I lose weight. But Im not perfect and Im sure we will all have days going thru this process where we struggle to equal its requirements.

Sent from my SM-G900I using the BariatricPal App

I do I'm tired most of the time just getting up and having a shower makes me tired it's not surprising when you look at how little we eat rite now our bodies are in starvation mode I'm dehydrated I was up every hour last night with the s**** I'm so tired I can't get out of bed

Sent from my iPhone

Edited by Shell ????

Kiwijet

we will all have days where we mess up its only natural I need some texture too hence the fish I think to be honest I'm going to stick hard to purée I bought the unflavoured Protein powder yesterday so my biggest issue was purée meat is disgusting so I won't have it il do veggies with a scoop of this powder and reintroduce meat on soft food stage

Sent from my iPhone

Edited by Shell ????

Surprisingly I am going well and normally feel pretty good but as soon as I try and do something I run out if energy really quickly and start to get fatigued.

I'd say when we move into solids and are getting in more Protein and calories we will feel more energised I'm dreading going back to work next week as I'm tired all the time I think it's easier to manage everything that's going on rite now at home but when I'm back on the road it's not as easy. Are you drinking Protein shakes Kiwijet?

Sent from my iPhone

I think I should get some berroca it may help with my energy my Nut recommended. Start my multi a month out but she recommended a cheapish supermarket brand Centrum so I'm not sure I may go to the health shop and get a better one as I need a good multi

I've been using up my Optifast but I need to go buy some other flavoured Protein as the whole brand one I got tastes terrible it's gritty.

Sent from my iPhone

Sorry to butt in...

As I've posted elsewhere, if you're struggling with the liquid/purees not making you feel 'full' try crunching on some ice..

I found that my brain assumed that, as I'd not chewed, I'd not eaten...

That way you can chew on something that won't upset your sleeve...

It also has the bonus of helping with your Water intake...

Thanx...

Jason...

Kiwijet

Are you eating purée or yogurt

I just made pumpkin purée with a pinch of parmesan some unflavoured Protein

a courgette and blended looks terrible

I made chicken tikka Marsala for my parter so I put some of the sauce on my purée in helped a bit

Sent from my iPhone

Edited by Shell ????

Hi guys

Congratulations you made it to the other side now the fun starts!!

These few weeks are the hardest as your head will still want the big meals you were use to having but the stomach can't take it.....my mouth would Water every food ad on TV.....it drove me crazy! But it passes I promise and the scales will drop it will happen! I had days of eating shit all day long and thought it's not gonna work......but it did work as the amounts felt like a lot but they were nothing compared to before the sleeve.....I'm now 1 year and 2months sleeved it's been the best year of my life I wish I did this sooner!!

35kgs gone!!!

A year out I can still only eat about a cup of food somedays and other days less in one sitting........ But I can eat often it clears quickly so I can still gain if I'm not careful.......I don't drink with meals ever and have not had soft drink since preop my reflux stopped when I gave up diet coke! Haven't had it since!

I don't exercise at all which is really bad!!! I need to pull my finger out........My taste buds have changed i know eat salads and vegetable I would never touch before!!

You all have made the right choice this is going to change your quality of life ????????????

Thanks for sharing that with us Bella. Its good to see there is light at the end of the tunnel. Tell is diarrhea a constant companion after the sleeve. I can relate to the 'head wanting more than the stomach can take part as i am struggling to stay on the pureed food stage'.

Thanks for sharing that with us Bella. Its good to see there is light at the end of the tunnel. Tell is diarrhea a constant companion after the sleeve. I can relate to the 'head wanting more than the stomach can take part as i am struggling to stay on the pureed food stage'.

At least twice a month I eat something that doesn't agree with me and I go running to the little girls room.........I still haven't worked out what it is! I have never vomited which is good I eat till I'm way to full these days but been lucky I must still stop in time!!

I still have trouble dishing up my plate sometimes I still put double what I could fit in my tummy.....it's my mind wanting more!

I struggled with the puréed stage I wanted real food.........I was meant to go like 8 weeks.........I lasted 4 then I just started eating normal food just very small amounts and chewed the crap out of it......Life got better and the cravings stopped because nothing was off limits........ Now I can eat anything but I never eat much......it's funny because I know I can have it I don't usually have it I use to eat chocolate biscuits for Breakfast that habit is gone as well......I just don't feel to do it anymore

It gets easier and it's worth it ????

I just had some scrambled egg for Breakfast very nice could eat almost the full egg I've just realised when I'm full I start burping a little how's things with you Kiwijet?

Sent from my iPhone