Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi anyone having surgery April/may from uk

Hi all I was last on the list yday :/ so didn't wake up and come back to ward till 840. I am ok just in slight discomfort in the stomach. I can't bare the liquid pain relief they give u to mix with Water. Can't believe how well it went. Shall be leaving here tomo morning as long as my bloods come back ok? Just on clear fluids atm. Dr richardsons was my surgern. X

Hi all I was last on the list yday :/ so didn't wake up and come back to ward till 840. I am ok just in slight discomfort in the stomach. I can't bare the liquid pain relief they give u to mix with Water. Can't believe how well it went. Shall be leaving here tomo morning as long as my bloods come back ok? Just on clear fluids atm. Dr richardsons was my surgern. X

Great to hear all went well. Just imagine where you'll be this time next year x

Edited by luckyknickers57

Hello ladies. I live in the UK but originally from Hungary, and I had my bypass surgery on April 14th in Hungary. Everything went well, the procedure is a bit different then in the UK. I had no pre-op diet, 5 days hospital stay is standard, first night is ALWAYS on ICU even if u r doing fine, and nothing through mouth for 3 days minimum. not even Water. I am doing great, on the 10th day after surgery I was cleared to eat solid food!!! It was a releif because I was super hungry on pureed food. Since I am on solids I can only eat 2-3 bites of anything. Loving this life and losing nicely!!! I wish you all the best!

Hi green eyes girl. I can't believe how quickly ur on solids I have to be on liquid for 4 weeks and then purée for another 2 weeks! Spent two nights in hospital hoping to go home in the morning. I am ok just got slight pain in the stomach left side. X

Hi green eyes girl. I can't believe how quickly ur on solids I have to be on liquid for 4 weeks and then purée for another 2 weeks! Spent two nights in hospital hoping to go home in the morning. I am ok just got slight pain in the stomach left side. X

You home now sparkle. Getting over the procedure and getting a rest in your own bed?

Yes thank you home now and recovering. How are u doing?

Not liking being cold and so tired. AND I've been sneezing, just a bit concerned as only a week now to go. You did two week milk diet didn't you?

Ohh, Sparkle, I'm half way through, only one week to go, yeah, rough, sooo blinking cold and tired I also feel like I've got a cold coming, sort of keeps promising to go away though. How I wish I had a low carb, low fat diet, but, saying that I sort of don't miss food now. I have to remind myself to eat, apart my Bovril drink for lunch, which I really look forward to.

Hope you're doing well hun

At least on the liquid diet ur not eating anything. Where if u were eating low carb diet and think it's easier to cheat and have something naughty. One day I was feeling rough and I had a small jacket potato with prawns and I was fine surgery still went ahead. Just made sure I was extra strict remaining time. Must be extra hard feeling Ill on top of it. X

At least on the liquid diet ur not eating anything. Where if u were eating low carb diet and think it's easier to cheat and have something naughty. One day I was feeling rough and I had a small jacket potato with prawns and I was fine surgery still went ahead. Just made sure I was extra strict remaining time. Must be extra hard feeling Ill on top of it. X

Hi sparkle diva

I haven't had anything that I shouldn't. Just so scared that I could be turned away at the last moment. My daughter had bypass a year ago and a chap in her ward was refused surgery and was sent home!!!!!! So, no jackets here, although it would be great. Mmmmmm.

In tesco's today shopping for the family's dinner and was not lusting over food, but wanted to buy it for myself. Had to keep reminding myself that I can't eat..... My daughter said she cheated on this diet, she had a tomato!!! She had her procedure at Chichester and has lost over eleven stone.

Omg eleven stone that's amazing!! How she finding eating and stuff now. I am sure u won't get turned away. Why was the bloke turned away? it will be the best thing u ever done. Such an exciting time ahead! Xx

Yes Sparkle, but she can't see how well she's done, only what she still has to do!!!! She'll get there, she's started to concentrate on clothes size, not the scales now, that seems to go into her brain better. I suppose she can see the 'big' clothes, compared to the new 'smaller' ones. She's only just started eating salad, with no problems, where as before it was difficult to digest, it sort of felt like it was laying there forever. She used to loveeeee coffee, now makes her feel sick, and prefers cold drinks, also her taste buds have changed with food. Things that she used to enjoy she no longer wants. She is trying foods that she did not enjoy, and is surprised that she likes them. Although she will smell them, I know sounds crazy, but she says she enjoys the smell of food. Also she has to remind herself to eat, she does not have the feeling of being hungry. One of the most difficult foods to eat is chicken, although she has tried it in a sauce also, it seems to 'stick'. I asked her if she has regretted it at all, she said yes, in the early days. Perhaps the first two weeks. But since then? NO. It is the best thing she has ever done. It took her about three months to get back to swimming, although I should say that her swimming is something like 100 lengths, time watching, not like me.... The chap that was turned away, he had been telling everyone that he had been eating until that last two days!!!! She doesn't know for sure, but everyone on the ward was left wondering.... And YES, she agrees with you, the best thing I will ever do, and exciting too. Thank you for your kind words of encouragement. Although I'm not worried at the moment, I am a little fed up with the diet, and won't be surprised when the nerves kick in.

Edited by luckyknickers57

Morning lucky knickers, my friend is the same has lost 13 stone and has about 2 and half to go all she can see is the 2.5 to go not how well she's done. She still sees herself as fat!!

Well that bloke had what was coming! As I said I had a small jacket and prawns and that was it. I never would have eaten right through.

I have read a lot off people suffer with chicken I hope I am not one as that is one of the only meat I eat.

It will come round quicker than u realise :) xx